Page 104 of 500 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

The leather is actually pretty bloody good from recollection.

Here you go

Since the Autofair website sucks you'll just have to scroll down till it says LTD 1996
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Bluey elite is a great gym and unlike alto of local gyms the owner of the place is a true enthusiast (he practices everything he preaches and the bastard is huge) he also owns several video ezys very enterprising man and has a Great rep in the industry my boss at ridges used to teach karate there and my boss at commos trains there too (ex boxer)

What is Claudia anyways? but yeah car are expensive things just make sure you pay no more then 20 a week that student gym sounds good I know alive is pretty cheap (thats at the golf course at narabundah) and its a good gym like bluey said elite dunno about the price.

In general most gyms in the area are good just a matter of what suits
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Looking at the Car fair last weekend i was SEVERELY tempted by a 380 Merc - although the K's looked dodgy and the thought of running a V8 messed with my head. couple this to the fact it was about $2K more than i was willing to spend
    That navy blue one is an appealing unit and I see no reason to doubt the exceptionally low kms, especially with books & service logs. The 157,000kms is 270,000kms less than mine so there is still plenty of life left in that car. But it has sat there for a few weeks now, so the price needs to come down to suit local ACT values

Funny enough I was half tempted to act on this other Canberra W126, also with claimed low kms and of good spec (swb 5 litre) on LPG. The valve seat issue might put off most buyers but I have a fair idea of how much that would cost to put right

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-500S...QQcmdZViewItem

Claudia's the BMW 318i my parents purchased me for my 18th. she's what the new car would be replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    That navy blue one is an appealing unit and I see no reason to doubt the exceptionally low kms, especially with books & service logs. The 157,000kms is 270,000kms less than mine so there is still plenty of life left in that car. But it has sat there for a few weeks now, so the price needs to come down to suit local ACT values

Funny enough I was half tempted to act on this other Canberra W126, also with claimed low kms and of good spec (swb 5 litre) on LPG. The valve seat issue might put off most buyers but I have a fair idea of how much that would cost to put right

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-500S...QQcmdZViewItem
    \

I looked at the dash of the 380 and i was confused - it actually said 235k KM. So i walked away....

I think i've seen that one around but again if it needs works i'm not interested.

If good mechanically this baby Benz at Autofair might be orrite, albeit glacially slow. The $5k price is reasonable for model

They have the older 5cyl M-B diesel which btw is suitable to run on bio-diesel, so they can literally be as cheap as chips to run!
    Attached Images Attached Images

But....but....it's brown

I was seriously considering This if the details are correct and it's a straight car. bloody good value and all i have to do is catch the bus down to sydney. Joy!

I dunno whats wrong with the car you currently have? Isnt it a good car? Im also baffled as to why you want a euro car (inspite of my own euro backround) so bad...parts are god awefully expensive on them and most parts are hard to get

But past that it seems you have your heart set on getting a new one I strongly suggest not getting into debt especially on an item that depreciates like a car best saving up and buying outright. and once againt moveing past that best of luck and happy motoring
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    But....but....it's brown

I was seriously considering This if the details are correct and it's a straight car. bloody good value and all i have to do is catch the bus down to sydney. Joy!
    The new Claudia.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

ill give them a call today.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    I dunno whats wrong with the car you currently have? Isnt it a good car? Im also baffled as to why you want a euro car (inspite of my own euro backround) so bad...parts are god awefully expensive on them and most parts are hard to get

But past that it seems you have your heart set on getting a new one I strongly suggest not getting into debt especially on an item that depreciates like a car best saving up and buying outright. and once againt moveing past that best of luck and happy motoring
    Claudia's Speedometer is intermittant, her dash is cracked in 13 places, her paintwork is dudded. she pulls to the left when you drive, and, to top it all off, her engine, according to a mechanic in the know, should have been dead 40,000KM ago. the sound it makes is really, really not attractive. full blast in claudia sounds like an overlocker I'm told it's valve tappets which will cost me nearly $2,000 to fix. or around what the parentals actually paid for her.

Parts aren't THAT expensive in Euros, and i can afford them. thats never been an issue, i just don't like having to fix up a $2000 car with $3000 worth of problems.

I'm getting a car loan for a few reasons.
    1) to get a credit history that is good. it will help in the future.
    2) i can afford to do so. i'm making decent money (i just don't save any of it)
    3) I need reliable transport to Uni. i cannot guarantee claudia will get me there everyday.
    4) after working out a few details (Insurance, Rego, Etc) it actually works out cheaper to drive a Volvo instead of Claudia. a low k model in canberra would still fetch ~ what i paid for it in a few years.

I made the mistake of becoming emotionally involved when we first bought claudia. this decision is purely business.

emotional involvement with cars is tricky, i dont think ill ever sellt he datsun. She'll be mine forever. The 200 i cant wait to see the rear of though...

THANKYOU NOTA! i went and inspected the LTD and aside from a small dent (can barely call it that) in the rear drivers side door its immaculate all throughout, feckin unbelievably good condition. The owner is a really nice guy and was tellin me heaps about it. He even corrected me to the correct lower price when i asked how much he was asking (i said 7.5 and he said 6.9)

Ill def pick this up when the 200s gone.
    The Datto will rage again...

Hoo rah

so our intuition wasn't as off as i thought....and to top it all off you get the pinnacle of mid - 90's Australian luxury to drive around in, score one for you

Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    emotional involvement with cars is tricky, i dont think ill ever sellt he datsun. She'll be mine forever. The 200 i cant wait to see the rear of though...
    Bluey, congratulations for finding such a nice car, I hope you will enjoy it when you buy it.

I understand you do not want to sell your Datsun, I wouldn't sell my 1982 Honda Civic for all the tea in China. I know Suzuka (the pathetic name I thought of for my Honda 2 months ago ) is only a car but my Civic is so great has so much character and physical beauty. Not to mention Japanese manufactured quality. This is only my opinion of my car though. I could never sell my car either.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

BlueLTD..

Ahroo! Ahroo!

It's that time of the year my mum might be getting a car soon also..
    My brother and i want her to buy a smashed car that we have been looking at, 2001 Astra Coupe.. Damage is front no air bag deployment.. Looks pretty minor less damage then mine easy $4800.. Reg it RWC it and then go and trade it off with some $$$$ on top for a new car maybe a Barina or yaris is a little to far from the reach but she doesn't mind the yaris at all.
    Or keep it.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information