Page 105 of 500 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Noooo.....not a Barina. I'd keep the Astra instead.
    How about a Suzuki Swift? They go pretty well.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

So, whats everyone doing between the 1st and 3rd of next month?

I smell a road trip.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

july 4th, suncoast classic rally.
    june 1st and 3rd? exam time. gay.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'll be somewhere in Scandinavia, probably
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

A 21st and studying. Probably not much studying though.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

June 1st - Tafe

The weekend afterwards - sleeping
    I am the Stig

Are you talking about the Canberra Rally Whiteballz? If so, there is a very slim possibility I can go. However, I'm more interested in the V8s at Eastern Creek he following weekend, so will probably save my money for that.
    Anyone up for meeting for the V8s at EC?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Claudia's Speedometer is intermittant, her dash is cracked in 13 places, her paintwork is dudded. she pulls to the left when you drive, and, to top it all off, her engine, according to a mechanic in the know, should have been dead 40,000KM ago. the sound it makes is really, really not attractive. full blast in claudia sounds like an overlocker I'm told it's valve tappets which will cost me nearly $2,000 to fix. or around what the parentals actually paid for her.

Parts aren't THAT expensive in Euros, and i can afford them. thats never been an issue, i just don't like having to fix up a $2000 car with $3000 worth of problems.

I'm getting a car loan for a few reasons.
    1) to get a credit history that is good. it will help in the future.
    2) i can afford to do so. i'm making decent money (i just don't save any of it)
    3) I need reliable transport to Uni. i cannot guarantee claudia will get me there everyday.
    4) after working out a few details (Insurance, Rego, Etc) it actually works out cheaper to drive a Volvo instead of Claudia. a low k model in canberra would still fetch ~ what i paid for it in a few years.

I made the mistake of becoming emotionally involved when we first bought claudia. this decision is purely business.
    Dash and paints cosmetic now yor looking for reasons to sell :P does it pull under braking or in general? And for the mechanic who is he and wheres he from?

Parts get expensive on later model ones epically when you have no choice to go after market (remember Ive worked in spares for several years....)

1) good savings record works just as well :P
    2) fair nuff
    3) bus service is decent in Canberra believe it or not
    4) id somehow doubt that to a point id wager the insurance and rego would be higher and while depreciation is slower in some European model you'll find the ass drops out of them after 12-14 years price wise (mixed fortunes really) but typically they are better looked after then your average beater so its luck of the draw.

And in your last sentence there you just proved me right head work on a domestic doesn't cost no where near that much hell i could get you a reconditions set of heads on a commodore or a falcon for under 1500
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Are you talking about the Canberra Rally Whiteballz? If so, there is a very slim possibility I can go.
    Oh yeah, the rally. Forgot about that. I might scoot along one day. Let me know if you're gonna come down for that, you can drive me around. I CBF.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Noooo.....not a Barina. I'd keep the Astra instead.
    How about a Suzuki Swift? They go pretty well.
    I'm the same but recently the barina seems to have got some decent reviews But it's dam cheap.. My brother loves the swift but mum hates the look of it...
    I was thinking if she got the astra trade it on a new Yaris? end of financial season maybe they might be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    So, whats everyone doing between the 1st and 3rd of next month?

I smell a road trip.
    I'm stuck in my house my bro is living with us and he doesn't go out anymore.
    I'm a prisoner
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Dash and paints cosmetic now yor looking for reasons to sell :P does it pull under braking or in general? And for the mechanic who is he and wheres he from?

Claudia is regularly serviced at Canberra Continental. Much appreciated for all their hard work in trying to keep her on the road.

Parts get expensive on later model ones epically when you have no choice to go after market (remember Ive worked in spares for several years....)

I get that. but when you buy an enthusiasts car you have to pay enthusiasts prices like i said parts cost don't bother me, just availability

1) good savings record works just as well :P
    I have one of those - thats why they gave me a loan. But a good savings record won't get me a home loan later down the track
    2) fair nuff
    Whats this, agreement? I don't understand.....
    3) bus service is decent in Canberra believe it or not
    Obviously you've never tried to go from Tuggeranong to Belconnen during peak hour. worst 2 1/2 hours of my life
    4) id somehow doubt that to a point id wager the insurance and rego would be higher and while depreciation is slower in some European model you'll find the ass drops out of them after 12-14 years price wise (mixed fortunes really) but typically they are better looked after then your average beater so its luck of the draw.

Insurance works out cheaper - strangely.
    A BMW costs $500 + for 3rd party, fire and theft. a newer volvo costs 348, according to AAMI's insurance calculator.
    This particular car i'm looking at is beyond good nick.

And in your last sentence there you just proved me right head work on a domestic doesn't cost no where near that much hell i could get you a reconditions set of heads on a commodore or a falcon for under 1500
    The head is speaking aussie built, you're absolutely right. however the hearts had a say and it will, in the long run, cost me no more to drive a european car than an Aussie built one. the Rego is the same, after all and the insurance is a shocker for EF-EL falcons i was actually minorly shocked.

the fact i can get a car i want, at a price i want, that won't cost me the earth to run if treated well, really pleases me

As for the 1st - 3rd of this month - ditto 2ndcc and Clutch - exams much. I have a cantilever structure fail-test (where we attach a bucket of sand to our cardboard cantilevers and see how much it'll hold) on the 1st. wish me luck
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I have a cantilever structure fail-test (where we attach a bucket of sand to our cardboard cantilevers and see how much it'll hold) on the 1st. wish me luck
    that sound spretty cool.
    i've been raising the beating hearts out of the chest cavity of brain dead cane toads and dousing it with adrenaline, for cardio respiratory pracs. it's pretty freaky stuff.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That sounds cool. Very cool.

Trade? you also get to design a pathway between an old Painting and a new structure i came up with earlier this year? and take life drawing with ugly people

That sounds cool. Very cool.
    haha yeah, sometimes i feel i should be dressed up as some mayan priest or something. spent yesterday using a hand pump to inflate horse lungs lol
    then there's always spleen fights
    trade? you also get to design a pathway between an old Painting and a new structure i came up with earlier this year? and take life drawing with ugly people
    i use to want to do architecture until i found out what it actually entails; i like drawing but didn't realise there was so much design/thought/calculation behind it.
    you can come do my course...just sign an OH&S form and sit in on one of the pracs, and see if you don't mind the gore, or having some random chick run past and whip your ass with a patellar ligament ripped out of a horse.

That last part kind of turns me on.

should i be disgusted with myself?

and your very welcome to come sit in on one of my classes - there are many X-acto blade injuries and much arty swearing going on. Architecture is all about thought - which kind of sucks. as i, for the most part, would be satisfied with drafting.......if i could actually draw

Thread Information