Page 14 of 500 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Galah Sessions

An insight to Telstra's broadband policy from this coloum in todays Sydney Morning Herald
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    An insight to Telstra's broadband policy from this coloum in todays Sydney Morning Herald
    I don't know why they think it's slow to me or anyone 17mega bytes per second is very fast. I remember my mate when he first got Cable from telstra there top speed was 512k. Thats 23 time more faster then what i am using now.
    I never thought our fast speed Internets were behind the rest of the world, I have always thought we have bad deals with INTERNET compared to say the U.S
    If Alphalink Chariot wireless every gets going around we can all have 13,000k speeds at $60 max per month with 40gig.

But Reading into that article sounds good for future TV. But they might hit us with paying for things we get for free now the buggers.

I am now downloading 24 series 5 Come on Telstra. each episode is 350mb large Div-X which is very good quality, it takes me about 2 days straight per episode. With Cable under 1 min. i could have series 5 within hours.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i can pump down about 50 meg in 10 mins with my speed. its way better then the 256k i was on and i dont know how slick survives

say hi to your mum for me mate!
    The Datto will rage again...

Im still on 56K and its fine, the only problem is a dodgy infra red keyboard and mouse
    I am the Stig

I lived with dial-up till I went broadband and now 512k seems slow if I use that elsewhere.

Hope your mother is well Slick, let her know I said hi
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    i can pump down about 50 meg in 10 mins with my speed. its way better then the 256k i was on and i dont know how slick survives

say hi to your mum for me mate!
    I once said i would have 128k I still would. Every time telstra tells me i can have it i get excited and then the big let down comes, Then it gets hard to live with the slow speed, Right now i connect @ 28.8k But when we did a Molds or mods test with Telstra they said it connects @ 28.8k but drops almost straight away to 22k. But this Ispeed i got speeds it up a little to make life easier

Mum says hello to and how is your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Im still on 56K and its fine, the only problem is a dodgy infra red keyboard and mouse
    I guess i would be pretty happy to with that mate 56k isn't to bad at all for popping around the net like this, It's when you see them big pics about 900kb large you think this might take a couple of minutes And video clips sometimes i just dont bother, I even stopped downloading music. And movies till a couple of weeks ago. I once did a 1gig movie took me 1 month + When i got it it was the wrong one
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    I lived with dial-up till I went broadband and now 512k seems slow if I use that elsewhere.

Hope your mother is well Slick, let her know I said hi
    She is going good thanks she likes all you guys in this Forum But not when i was on Supercars.net forum

Yeah hi-res pic are torture, but music isnt so bad. I use limewire for my stuff, and i suppose since i might only d/l 3-4 songs at a time, its no big issue. My old computer though, still 56K, if i was d/l music, i couldnt do a thing on the net as everything was delayed....MSN copped it pretty bad, so i usually signed out etc
    I am the Stig

Yeah my mum and i get that on the network here, If i am downloading her INTERNET pokie game goes off. thats the best thing about cable and ADSL, I seen my friend download a driver 65mb big and go from webpage to webpage and download something else and all was done pretty much the same speed.
    Dial up INTERNET should be 128k but they didn't give a allowance for it when they first laid the crap lines

Guess what more update news on Telstra Cable.. They have still got the wrong address here But they sent the bill to the right house as always Fu***N Nuts. Now I'm to wait a week before calling them back and then they will let me know.
    But on ADSL no show at all as Telstra set this Whole Area with pair gain and the area is very cheap and nasty, So for it to work they need to fix it up which they wont..

But good news my number popped up in the budget tonight When the smiling assassin said the magic words Carers bonus. Thats good news for me and my car i got a list already done for things to do.
    $540 2.5" Red back sports system with Cat. (Clutch)
    $220 40mm Low Kings Springs.
    $210 4 rotors and Pads. Or $310 4 Cross drilled rotors and pads.
    Got to price a V8 Throttle body (Clutch)
    $55 For a V6 Supercharger Cold Air intake (Clutch).
    $180 New Radiator.
    $75 Oxygen Sensor.
    $16 brake light switch.

But before all that i got to grab the Tail shaft and Back tyres. I made some calls today on tyres and was given some nice quotes.
    But was told if I'm after better grip in the wet then it's a Yokohama tyre for me, It's silicone with a softer compound thats unmatched in the wet.

I had some fun with this pic and added some 16" Sv5000 rims and lowered the car about the height i wont it to be. I'm not crash hot on them wheels at only 16" but the car i cut them from was a VP same as mine easy fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just remember though

soft compound = high wear
    I am the Stig

Yeah I'm really shitting about that I'm not sure, It's a bugger bridgstone don't have 215/65R15's in Re88 or Re92, They only do the standard 205.
    I told him i won't that little extra for the rear to keep it in touch, I think the originals are 185 Suicide
    I might go in and see them and have a chat with them on a compromise between hard and soft.
    Last thing i need to do is get the rears going a couple of times and rip them apart
    My mate had donuts on his miss's VR and they were great, Hit a nail and killed the tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    $540 2.5" Red back sports system with Cat. (Clutch)
    Got to price a V8 Throttle body (Clutch)
    $55 For a V6 Supercharger Cold Air intake (Clutch).
    have you tried the bellmouth thnigy yet? another owner said it made a marked improvement good luck with the rest
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    have you tried the bellmouth thnigy yet? another owner said it made a marked improvement good luck with the rest
    I'm not sure i have the guts to do it, Almost all of the guys that have done it have smoked the rears on take off with ease Now thats all good but they said they had to change there driving style to accommodate the very sensitive acceleration. I might give it a go and see if I'm chicken I'll stick it back on, But maybe the drags would be a perfect time for it.
    I could probably try it soon as my throttle body is playing up and sticking, So it looks like i might need to replace that, Perfect time to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Yeah my mum and i get that on the network here, If i am downloading her INTERNET pokie game goes off. thats the best thing about cable and ADSL, I seen my friend download a driver 65mb big and go from webpage to webpage and download something else and all was done pretty much the same speed.
    Dial up INTERNET should be 128k but they didn't give a allowance for it when they first laid the crap lines
    Telstra , when I started over 10 years ago only used to guarrantee 28.8k, . Slick have you tried other ip"s seeing Telstra can"t get their act together.

P.s I installed a 100gig per sec dual uplink service for the not so honourable Minister Downer the other day, you could always phone up and use his service. seeing us plebs are paying for it.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Telstra , when I started over 10 years ago only used to guarrantee 28.8k, . Slick have you tried other ip"s seeing Telstra can"t get their act together.

P.s I installed a 100gig per sec dual uplink service for the not so honourable Minister Downer the other day, you could always phone up and use his service. seeing us plebs are paying for it.
    100gig per sec "Jaw drops"
    I have tried Alphalink-Prims-Optus and they won't touch me they say the control is in Telstras hands and they can't do anything Can you come my way and set up the cable for me (Insert Blinking sucking eyes)

You know what they problem at the moment with telstra here is they can't seem to get my with 1 address, As to them and everyone else my unit doesn't show up on any plans, So it's unit 1 of 10. But there are 4 units here, But when they come out they come to unit 1 only. No matter how many times i have said unit 4 they don't have my address, And also they have 4 accounts on us 3 different phone numbers. But when we got charged a bill they got the right number and address.
    So now they need to get the address right so they can send out the guys to do it or they keep telling me they have a dirty ticket Thats hard to swallow so many times

Thread Information