Page 163 of 500 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

I changed the oil and filter in the 200 every 5000 kays with Penrite HPR10 Semi Synthetic, full sythetics (ie: Mobil1) are over rated.

recently though, i changed to Redline products. They are pretty darn expensive but ther are seriously the BEST oils i have ever used. I put their stuff in my gearbox, shut it the hell up and made it smoother and stronger, put their 20-40w in the engine, brilliant. theyre the only TRULY synthetic oil on the market. IE not made from petroleum products which all other "synthetic" products are derived from. cant recomend their products highly enough. Theyre $$$ but worth it.
    The Datto will rage again...

operation flashpoint 2 is coming out, if they don't stuff it up it's going to kick BF2 right in the nuts.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    I changed the oil and filter in the 200 every 5000 kays with Penrite HPR10 Semi Synthetic, full sythetics (ie: Mobil1) are over rated.

recently though, i changed to Redline products. They are pretty darn expensive but ther are seriously the BEST oils i have ever used. I put their stuff in my gearbox, shut it the hell up and made it smoother and stronger, put their 20-40w in the engine, brilliant. theyre the only TRULY synthetic oil on the market. IE not made from petroleum products which all other "synthetic" products are derived from. cant recomend their products highly enough. Theyre $$$ but worth it.
    My brothers using HPR10 right now in the BA. It's not going so good it sounds like a 88 VN V6 with 900,000km on it..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The car formerly known as...

boost?.. can it be?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by whiteballz; 09-12-2007 at 11:55 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i saw it at the spit... so if it is, it's come a long way
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Redline is good stuff, I will run it in the t50 when I convert it to staright cut gears, Ive heard if temps are high the shockproof can glaze the synchros for circuit work. I didnt know redline made engine oil I use mobil 1 because 90% of the people I know who circuit race swear by it. Whats the redline engine oil worth

Slick originally posted

Yep change filter every oil change, IS that oil flush any good someone said it's diesel in it?..
    I did run GTX2 before i went to the edge but to be honest the Shell oil i used first seem to be better but didn't last as long.. With the way we drive we are lucky to exceed 10,000km per year but i like to warm the car every first start of the day and build it up to running temp.. Today my mum just drove off and i went out to start it and it's ready to go faster and is still smooth and quite..
    I'm not a hard driver but i like to go hard at times, But i wouldn't thrash unless it's a hire car
    That could be the reason the oil is discolouring quick, short trips and excessive idling causes sludge to build up, the best thing to do is take it on a 300 km round trip and give it a good clean out. Also dont have it idling too long when you first start it also, if you drive normally until the normal operating temp is reached thats all you have to do. The engine at first start up in the morning is running fairly rich and that causes sludge depending on piston ring condition. I would just run your normal oil and change it on a regular basis. Ive never used the those cleaners before so I cant comment

Hire cars are cool for that and so are company cars my Hiace and various Commodore's and Falcons Ive had always got plenty of stick
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Mobil 1 is good, but Redline is not the only true synthetic on the market.

There is also Mobil's Delvac 1 (hard to find but better than Mobil 1) and the whole range of NEO Oils. Amsoil is also claimed to be, but I'm not 100% sure if it is or not.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    That could be the reason the oil is discolouring quick, short trips and excessive idling causes sludge to build up, the best thing to do is take it on a 300 km round trip and give it a good clean out. Also dont have it idling too long when you first start it also, if you drive normally until the normal operating temp is reached thats all you have to do. The engine at first start up in the morning is running fairly rich and that causes sludge depending on piston ring condition. I would just run your normal oil and change it on a regular basis. Ive never used the those cleaners before so I cant comment

Hire cars are cool for that and so are company cars my Hiace and various Commodore's and Falcons Ive had always got plenty of stick
    That's always going to be hard for me the long trips, This years PI trip was the longest the car has been on with me, It hardly see's long trips past the city.
    It's a very huge pain in the arse when it first starts up, For some reason i'm slowly getting to the bottom of it now but when it first starts the choke is late and it will even stall, The old owner used to use the foot because of this, I'm told the inlet gasket might be gone because of something a mechanic seen around it, And also where the bellmouth was i might have damaged the gasket there also so i'm looking at some air leaks, I was ready to give the Memcal a change and run the SV3800 tune when the guy that was going to do it recommended me to get these things fixed first, I thought it was computer related but he said it's not.

I'm pretty good and driving like driving miss daisy when the car is warming up, But my mum Born led foot..
    But next time i do the oil i'll run some diesel oil in it and drain it out Thanks for that tip.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i saw it at the spit... so if it is, it's come a long way
    Didnt he sell it to a guy in QLD?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Neg, sold it locally to a chick, that one has a edge rear bar and a different grille and is factory not ferrari red.

Still, a hot car nevertheless.

Charged, depending where you shop and your relationship with the manager its between $90-$120 for a gallon (3.8L). I swear by it.

Neg, sold it locally to a chick, that one has a edge rear bar and a different grille and is factory not ferrari red.

Still, a hot car nevertheless.

Charged, depending where you shop and your relationship with the manager its between $90-$120 for a gallon (3.8L). I swear by it.
    must be its lost brother then.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

^ damnit, i already PM'ed the owner asking about it lol

well that was pre-emptive wasnt it

What has clutch ever done that indicates he waits and makes considered decisions before he runs off and does something?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

yeh thats a fair call

Thread Information