Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina

Sal said he was very surprised at how there were no leaks at all and both the engine and gearbox were dry and clean. They threw a wrench on every bolt and all is good and tight. Ecu's were spot on and they recalibrated them very slightly but no problems at all. Oil was pristine in both engine and gearbox and we didn't need to add any during 2K miles.

As with any prototype you want to tear her down and inspect everything after a hard run in but main service interval is yearly.

We'll change fluids after the Historic Targa as that will be another hard 1000 miles.

Pininfarina did some job with this one.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
    Sal said he was very surprised at how there were no leaks at all and both the engine and gearbox were dry and clean.
    are there known problems with the Enzo engine, which caused Sal's surprise that there were none?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    are there known problems with the Enzo engine, which caused Sal's surprise that there were none?
    No not at all but Ferrari engines have been known to drip a little oil from time to time...

No not at all but Ferrari engines have been known to drip a little oil from time to time...
    as long as you don't find traces in the garagebox it should be OK

we start traveling tomorrow, see you in about a week.

have a good flight

best
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Over on Ferrari Chat, UCP's friend Mr. Napolis has revealed that he intends to make a racing variant of his P4/5 and potentially have it race at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring.

Exciting news; below is a rendering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Over on Ferrari Chat, UCP's friend Mr. Napolis has revealed that he intends to make a racing variant of his P4/5 and potentially have it race at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring.

Exciting news; below is a rendering.
    That is awesome. The P4/5 is still my favorite supercar, this is just added epicness. Good luck to you, sir.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

What class can this thing run in? I thought in recent years they've been pretty much capped in terms of performance level at the ACO/FIA GT2 type of cars(like 911 GT3 RSR, Ferrari F430 GT2s...etc)
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    What class can this thing run in? I thought in recent years they've been pretty much capped in terms of performance level at the ACO/FIA GT2 type of cars(like 911 GT3 RSR, Ferrari F430 GT2s...etc)
    Hi

It would be in an experimental class.

Hi

It would be in an experimental class.
    Hi Napolis, I read somewhere that a 333SP engine might be used in this project.

Is there any truth to this?

Cheers and good luck with this - I'm sure you know a lot of people would love to see this get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Hi Napolis, I read somewhere that a 333SP engine might be used in this project.

Is there any truth to this?

Cheers and good luck with this - I'm sure you know a lot of people would love to see this get off the ground.
    We'd like to use a Ferrari V 12 and that one would work. We're checking out several possibilities.

This idea is really a throwback to how racing used to be.

I think it could get nice exposure for a sponsor and hope we can get one.

We'd like to use a Ferrari V 12 and that one would work. We're checking out several possibilities.

This idea is really a throwback to how racing used to be.

I think it could get nice exposure for a sponsor and hope we can get one.
    What about the F140 or one of it's variants in the FXX/FXX Evo?

I think you are right about the exposure generated for the sponsor - I was reading what you are saying on Ferrari Chat. You race it and then show it at various shows... Seems like a good call/return for the sponsor.

Hope the search for one goes well!

Mr. Napolis has comfirmed that they are gonna use V8 instead of V12 because of regulation, so i guess this new racer could use the engine from F430 GT2, some said it would use new V8, which power 2011 F458 gt。

About sponsors' exposure:
    - this is a new car from Napolis, it's already gathering a lot of attention just for this
    - it's going to be styled after the P4/5, which ensures everyone will be drolling over it for the next 6 moths to say the least. Even those who hated the P4/5 (are there any) would look at this car, if not just for the project behind it

I guess the point is "hoe much money are talking about?".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Still a work in progress. Sponsor logos simply to show how they could look. No sponsors signed yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't help as a sponsor, but if you need someone to polish the car every now and then, count me in.

I would help as an almost-mech engineer, but I guess there already are some people waiting for that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information