Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina

Objectivity?
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Objectivity?

some people might want to slash you just for presenting such efforts
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Mice video McReis. I really do love the P3/4 , it is such a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    some people might want to slash you just for presenting such efforts
    Slash me? Oh my, I must be heading to my storm cellar for the next 25 years. Gee Willickers, this is a Hard one Batman!!
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I don't even know if he'd really like objectivity. There is some harsh objectivity around this forums.

Napolis, I've found this video of you and one of your "P's" on the web. Hope you enjoy it.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=targa+florio
    That video doesn't work anymore McReis, master of the MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues
    That video doesn't work anymore McReis, master of the MX-5
    Look who's here! Well, you've arrived too late it seems. Maybe the owner of the car himself can point us to some more videos of the beauty, one of this days.

Welcome to UCP.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Yep, Octane magazine, which doesn't make too many "jump the gun" errors, has presented the P4 we're all familiar with as the finalized design. I'm really disappointed to see this. The lines of the car are way off... But having to work with the basic Enzo structure must have forced the stylist's hand quite a bit...

Shame they couldn't have started with a F-430; at least the car could have had a front to go along with all that middle and rear.

At least the side-pod air ducts look sort of 60's racer-ish.

Included is the 1988 Pontiac Ba(r)nshee. I guessed it as an 86, so I was close. It'd be good to have an overhead view of the Barnshee, but it's clear that the two were both penned when Prince was still cool.

Also, a real Ferrari P4, notable here for looking nothing like it's Anastasian descendent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LandQuail; 07-10-2006 at 08:50 AM.

That ugly duck is said to have nothing to do with the real-thing, by those who know it.
    I think we can expect something better since, being the owner of some examples of the inspiring model, I don't think the costumer would let them disrespect the heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Yep, Octane magazine, which doesn't make too many "jump the gun" errors, has presented the P4 we're all familiar with as the finalized design. I'm really disappointed to see this. The lines of the car are way off... But having to work with the basic Enzo structure must have forced the stylist's hand quite a bit...

Shame they couldn't have started with a F-430; at least the car could have had a front to go along with all that middle and rear.

At least the side-pod air ducts look sort of 60's racer-ish.
    You don't seem to realise that the OWNER (who I wouldn't see as a "jump the gun" kinda guy - thus no official pics have been released) is actually participating in this thread and doing this indipendantly from Ferrari?

Octane magazine does NOT have ANY official pics/sketches, and thus you cannot base ANY judgement on the upcoming car on the pictures that they have fabricated...

I can confirm that this time OCTANE is way off the mark.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    I have seen pictures of the P4/5 and the sketch looks nothing like it. This was indicated long before you brought the unfortunate sketch back to life. Reading seems to be more difficult than I assumed.

Example: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...0&postcount=78
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Ferrari is cool but... too expensive for us to afford 1 ferrari to drive.... how can we do??

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionTony
    Ferrari is cool but... too expensive for us to afford 1 ferrari to drive.... how can we do??
    Buy a red Fiat?

EvolutionTony; If Ferraris are too expensive to afford how does the factory sell 6000pa?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

The Octane "Photos" are the AutoWeek "Photos" and as I said MONTHS ago THEY ARE WRONG, PURE GUESSES, THAT ARE NOT CLOSE.

The first real photo's will be released July 23 at midnight NY time.

They will be released here at that time along with an article by W.

I'm heading over for the first drive and I'll take a few photo's as well. When I get back I'll get the photo's I'm going to release to W and answer any questions he has for his article. The reason I picked that time and date is because that is when the first real photo's and article will be appearing in Car and Driver and that issue will be reaching subscribers at that time and instead of having someone scan and post those I'm going to release real photo's at that time.

Best

Thread Information