Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Italia 2006

Auto Italia 2006

Today was Canberra's Auto Italia motor show. There was plenty of spectacular Italian machines, both old and new. Italian bikes had a strong presence, from 50cc Vespas to 1000cc Ducatis. Lots of beautiful old Alfas and Fiats, and a good showing from Ferrari and Lamborghini, with a Gallardo SE, plenty of Countachs and Espadas, a 246 Dino GT (that the very nice owner was letting people sit in ), a 308 GTB, though strangely the owner didn't have a moustache . All over, a great show. Sorry IB4R. 100+ pics to come.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'm looking forward to the pics

Here they come!

Auto Italia 2006 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #2

I know an AMV8 Vantage isn't Italian, but it was in the carpark and I didn't get a shot of it at the Shannon's show the other week. The onwer of the silver Montreal was revved the nuts of it every now and then, you could hear it everywhere , though when we went closer to it when he was revving it, there were large plumes of smoke coming out of the exhaust
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 03-26-2006 at 03:23 AM.
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #3

Now, can someone who knows about old Italian bikes please tell me is the Benelli in the 3rd pic a 6 cyl? Matra? Anyone?
    – Hunter Thompson

sorry thats all for now poeple, i'm getting booted off the computer, 85 to come!
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Auto Italia 2006 #3

Now, can someone who knows about old Italian bikes please tell me is the Benelli in the 3rd pic a 6 cyl? Matra? Anyone?
    Si senor coz Sei = six. IIRC their engines share design influence from Honda's original multi-cyl CBs, eg 500-Four & 750. Benelli also made a 6cyl 900cc version while Honda retailiated with the unforgettably dreadful CBX 6cyl

I also went to Autol Italia but it was so packed out I could barely get any clear pics

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Si senor coz Sei = six. IIRC their engines share design influence from Honda's original multi-cyl CBs, eg 500-Four & 750. Benelli also made a 6cyl 900cc version while Honda retailiated with the unforgettably dreadful CBX 6cyl

I also went to Autol Italia but it was so packed out I could barely get any clear pics
    i thought as much. Me and my sister got there about 10.25 and it was already chockers, and by the time we left about 11.30 the parked cars on Morshead drive were up to the Kings Av/Russell Roundabout
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #4
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #5
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #6
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #7
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #8
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #9
    – Hunter Thompson

Auto Italia 2006 #10
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information