Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

I always get a big grin on my face whenever new members are so boisterous. GO AMERICA has to be cargirl1990's cousin from the US.

lol bets on that they're a hit and run poster?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol bets on that they're a hit and run poster?
    That or supercars.net is temporarily shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    That or supercars.net is temporarily shut down.
    LOL quite possible
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by GO AMERICA!!! View Post
    ok, lets start with the facts... The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 makes 61 hp per liter. The SSC Ultimate Aero makes 204 hp per liter. My brothers BONE STOCK 04 Mach 1 mustang makes 72 hp per liter... WTF Bugatti? SO now that we now which car has more engineering in it we can talk about what the bugatti looks like. The bugatti looks like a chop top mini van with the widest body kit ever made... Why do british people suck so bad at engineering cars?!?!?!?! Another thing about british people is that they cant read very good, they cant count very high, their teeth are always crooked, and they dont know how to talk...
    Are you really that daft? 16.4? That's 16 cylinders and 4 turbos, NOT 16.4L. The car isn't British at all. Seems like the forum got a new troll today.

Well the gearbox is british. And apparently it runs on whitchcraft.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the gearbox is british. And apparently it runs on whitchcraft.
    I actually lol'd at that. I dub quote of the week.

ok, lets start with the facts... The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 makes 61 hp per liter. The SSC Ultimate Aero makes 204 hp per liter. My brothers BONE STOCK 04 Mach 1 mustang makes 72 hp per liter... WTF Bugatti? SO now that we now which car has more engineering in it we can talk about what the bugatti looks like. The bugatti looks like a chop top mini van with the widest body kit ever made... Why do british people suck so bad at engineering cars?!?!?!?! Another thing about british people is that they cant read very good, they cant count very high, their teeth are always crooked, and they dont know how to talk...
    I would like to buy some of the drugs you are taking. Apparently they make you oblivious to irony and math, as the Bugatti makes about 123.375 hp/L.

As for your second point, I can bolt on a single turbo and make 1000 hp. I guess both cars fail.

Edit- Help! I've been trolled and I can't get up! I'd still like the drugs, though.
    Last edited by kingofthering; 11-05-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Just a few quick points, the number of turbos used to generate xxx horsepower is irrelevant.

The bugatti makes 1001 metric horsepower (not SAE), it says so on their own site. This works out to ~987 International SAE horsepower.

The total package of a car that you get from the Veyron does not compare to the SSC. It's my humble opinion that the SSC (while it is faster) is closer to a kit car with a crate engine than it is to the Veyron.

I think the Veyron is over engineered for what it delivers (something i'd expect if i were to purchase a $1m hypercar) but that it made compromises in order to show a brand likeness. There's no doubt in my mind that a purpose built monocoque wedge-car with all of the go-faster bits in the existing Veyron would compete more closely in top speed with the SSC. (remember, horsepower required to attain and maintain a speed increases with a square of the speed)

Clear as mud?

Koeniggsegg CCXR versus Bugatti Veyron 16.4

What one really wants to see is the Koenigsegg CCXR vs. The Bugatti Veyron. That would the be the ultimate showdown.

The Koenigsegg is the only car out there that is refined enough and won't break over repeated hard driving at the limit, that could take on the Veyron. Taking a quick look at the specs the Koenigsegg has a real advantage because it lacks the weight of the Bugatti.

I saw video of a McLaren F1 beat the Bugatti off the line and hold that lead up to around 150 mph, where the Bugatti started to reel it in and then later pass it at around 180 mph. Thus causing me to feel that the Koenigsegg, now with launch control as does the Veyron, and having a 0-60 time now at 2.9 seconds and the Veyron at 2.7 (with all wheel drive mind you), the Veyron won't be reeling in anything! It would be close at the end, wholly dependent on ultimate drag limited top speed.

Thats in a straight line. On a track or the street! Forget about it! The Koenigsegg would destroy anything less than an actual racer.

WOW you cant make up words and think your cool...

haha, I just read your location GO AMERICA!!! Your awesome. Can I be your friend?

About GO AMERICA!!!

Biography
    I hate the bugatti veyron...

Interests
    The SSC Ultimate Aero

Occupation
    CARS

My car
    SSC ultimate Aero

Country Flag
    United_States
    Last edited by whiteballz; 11-05-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

WOW you cant make up words and think your cool...
    just linking this statement back to this;
    noted for irony

zOMG LOL!!1!!!1

seriously, videogames and crappy websites aren't the best source for automotive, engineering and social culture.

What worries me the most, is that there is so much people out there willing just to piss other people to deserve a name (trolls).
    I mean, it's as old as the world that someone tries to make you believe they did/bought something, it's something childish but common.

What I don't understand what's the point of pissing people on the other side of the world, just for...wait, no purpose, no gain.

I still remember the first sort of press release for the SSC Aero SS8T (or something like that. It was the first supercar sized so to gently accommodate football players.

Let me say this again:

And as a bonus:

KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Nobody cares about the CCXR. the SSC has a 0-60 time of 2.7 sec. and who said the SSC will fall apart after repeated hard driving??? Its practically a FORD... which means it can fixed with a hammer! And finally, the SSC IS NOT anything close to a kit car. You know the SSC has the WORLD RECORD for the FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for the people who didn't get that Its a PRODUCTION CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey did you know that the CCXR's top speed of 250+ MPH was ESTIMATED?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrorbyte73 View Post
    What one really wants to see is the Koenigsegg CCXR vs. The Bugatti Veyron. That would the be the ultimate showdown.

The Koenigsegg is the only car out there that is refined enough and won't break over repeated hard driving at the limit, that could take on the Veyron. Taking a quick look at the specs the Koenigsegg has a real advantage because it lacks the weight of the Bugatti.

I saw video of a McLaren F1 beat the Bugatti off the line and hold that lead up to around 150 mph, where the Bugatti started to reel it in and then later pass it at around 180 mph. Thus causing me to feel that the Koenigsegg, now with launch control as does the Veyron, and having a 0-60 time now at 2.9 seconds and the Veyron at 2.7 (with all wheel drive mind you), the Veyron won't be reeling in anything! It would be close at the end, wholly dependent on ultimate drag limited top speed.

Thats in a straight line. On a track or the street! Forget about it! The Koenigsegg would destroy anything less than an actual racer.
    Last edited by GO AMERICA!!!; 11-06-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Thread Information