Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Mitsubishi Motors launches Lancer Evolution IX hi-performance 4WD sports sedan

Tokyo, March 2, 2005 — Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) today announced that the Lancer Evolution IX high-performance 4WD sports sedan would go on sale at affiliated dealerships throughout Japan on March 3, 2005. With a 2.0-liter intercooler-turbocharged engine powering all four wheels through an electronically controlled 4WD system, Evolution IX raises all dynamic performance parameters to a new level. Tax inclusive prices range from 2,940,000 yen to 3,570,000 yen.
    Evolution IX marks the 12th model in the series, which has also included an automatic transmission model, since the Lancer Evolution debuted in October 1992. Major features distinguishing the latest model include the adoption of Mitsubishi's proprietary MIVEC*1 variable valve timing technology in the intake system and improvements to the turbocharger that result in higher torque and produce better response for improved engine performance across its full rev range. New front and rear bumpers bring both high aerodynamics and cooling performance.

Evolution IX is offered in three trim levels. The flagship GSR grade features Mitsubishi Motors' cutting-edge ACD*2 + Super AYC*3 + Sports ABS*4 electronically controlled all-wheel control component system and a 6-speed manual gearbox. The motorsport-specification RS uses a special lightweight body, a new titanium-magnesium turbocharger, 5-speed gearbox and ACD + mechanical rear LSD all-wheel control. New for Evolution IX is the GT grade that brings together RS's turbocharger and drivetrain specification and GSR's comfort-bias body with its enhanced sound deadening. Allowing owners to customize their Evolution IX's to individual needs and preferences, a comprehensive range of factory- and dealer-fitted options as well as Ralliart tuning and dress up parts are available.

I . Product features

1. Exterior

In an integral molding, the new front bumper houses an oversize mesh grille to raise engine cooling efficiency and also locates the Mitsubishi 3-diamond emblem. All unnecessary openings on the undersurface of the bumper have been closed off to reduce air resistance.
    The new rear bumper features a diffuser undersurface in a distinctive design that shapes the corners to stabilize air flow detachment and reduce drag and that adds to Evolution's sedan-racer looks.
    The rear wing assembly uses molded vertical components color-keyed to the body and a carbon-fiber hollow spoiler that lowers the center of gravity.
    Dark-clear extensions on headlamps and rear lamps enhance the car's premium appearance.
    GSR and GT trim levels run on Enkei 17x8JJ lightweight 5-double-spoke alloy road wheels that are 0.15 kg per wheel lighter than those fitted to Evolution VIII MR.
    Evolution IX is available with a new air dam extension and rear wing Gurney flap (dealer options) that further improve aero efficiency. These advanced aero devices improve high-speed handling and stability by reducing front and rear wheel lift and enhancing the front-rear aero balance.
    2. Interior

Dashboard ornamentation on GSR and GT models is clear coated with a rich carbon-like finish.
    GSR and GT models use new alloy accelerator, brake and clutch pedals designed for sport driving as well as to accent the sedan-racer look to the cockpit.
    GSR uses Recaro bucket seats. The squab facing uses non-slip Alcantara suede upholstery that keeps the occupant fresh and comfortable even on longer journeys while the side bolster facings are covered in genuine leather making the seats easier to get in and out of and also adding a touch of choice luxury to the interior.
    GSR is equipped with a carbon shifter panel embellished with the Lancer Evolution logo.
    GSR and GT models use a high-density dash silencer and double-sealing weatherstrips that reduce interior noise levels.
    3. Engine & transmission

For Evolution IX the 4G63 engine gains Mitsubishi's MIVEC variable valve timing technology that improves top-end output as well as fuel efficiency. MIVEC technology allows GSR to return 10.0 km/l in the Japanese 10-15 mode driving cycle, equivalent to a three percent improvement in mileage.
    On GSR, the turbocharger uses a lengthened diffuser to generate more low-end and mid-range torque (400 N-m(40.8 kg-m)/3000rpm) as well as bring a significant improvement in response (average 5%) across the full rev range.
    On the RS and GT, the turbocharger compressor wheel uses magnesium alloy instead of aluminum alloy. This brings a dramatic improvement in supercharging response. Mated to a 5-speed gearbox with higher torque capacity, the engine has been tuned to generate maximum torque of 407 N-m(41.5 kg-m)/3000rpm.
    The 5-speed transmission used on the RS and GT derives from the close-ratio competition gearbox but has a revised top gear ratio for improved high-speed cruising.
    4. Other features

New rear springs lower vehicle height slightly, improving rear end stability (GSR and GT) and allowing the Super AYC to operate more effectively and improve steering response (GSR).
    Features retained on Evolution IX include: Evolution's well-proven lightweight and high rigidity body featuring the aluminum roof panel pioneered on Evolution VIII MR (all grades); jointly-developed Bilstein hi-response shock absorbers (GSR and GT); Mitsubishi's ACD + Super AYC + Sports ABS electronically controlled all-wheel control system (GSR); and Brembo ventilated disc brakes (GSR and GT).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX #2
    • File Type: jpg 00.jpg (487.9 KB, 154 views)

second verse, same as the first (or in this case, same as the last 4)... they need to change it up a bit, IMO. Anyone know when this beast is due for a full-on restyle?
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Who cares? You know it'll come out ugly and proboscis-monkey-lookin like the Galant and Eclipse and Diamante and Outlander and everything else they seem to be churning out lately.

That's true, they'd pry just jack it up and it would end up looking like hammered sh!t... on second thoughts, I'll take the dated styling over the "new & cool" styling...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

the Evo 10 will be a completely new shape.
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

yep, there's the fugliness...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

I still like the styling of the evo VI, more muscular and menacing. Later versions seem to be wimpy looking, almost the same as their regular lancer counterparts.

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    I think that Evos have improved on styling a lot since the Evo 6.
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

looks more like facelift to me...
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by heryandy0210
    I still like the styling of the evo VI, more muscular and menacing. Later versions seem to be wimpy looking, almost the same as their regular lancer counterparts.
    Agreed. Although the Evo MR's aren't looking half bad. Hopefully the Evo X doesn't look 'pussy'.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticCarSite
    the Evo 10 will be a completely new shape.
    Why is everyone adapting the Audi nose noadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossell
    It does kinda of have a audi like front, but I have a feeling the company didn't do that on purpose.....

Danm these Evo's are getting more and more advanced. Insane technology into these cars! Rally inspired......
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rossell

only in a retarded way does it look like an Audi... maybe only the grille being the opposite way to the new audi corporate grille but other than that, it looks nothing like an Audi...

whoopdie shit mitsubishi, u took an EVO VII and put the tail lights from the EVO VIII, and launch it as the EVO IX.

as long as u make for it with even better handling and performance, I'll forgive you
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Thread Information