Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360000

Xbox 360000

ok. my birthday came and went this week. i was thinking about buying a 360 in the back of my mind but never really considered saving up for one. so i get 150 from my dad, 50 from my Granddad and 50 from my grandma. thats 250. i dont want to get a core, so i have to get 399. my dad owes me 54 from selling my very old play station. so thats 304$ i now have. theres a bundle at Cosco that i want to get thats 489.99. that includes the 399 xbox a 54 PGR3 and an extra 38 wireless controller. after my paycheck (120) i will have 424. i'm still 65$ short. i will buy it when i get my next paycheck (?) in two weeks. before i buy it, is this a wise bundle to buy? am i getting ripped off? is the 360 really worth it? should i buy someplace else? and the big question: should i buy it at all?

anybody here have a 360?...comments please...
    i've played PGR 3 and i'm pretty sure that i like it, im thinking of getting Test drive unlimited next. is that a good game? anyone played it? i've only played Call of duty 2 and PGR3 on 360

thanks guys
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

It looks like there will be a much better selection of good games for the 360 than the original; and PGR3 rocks just enough ass that it should be worth it.

I have heard of some people's 360's crapping out on them, so take into consideration that you might have some major problems with it. The chances of getting a defective system are probably low, though.

tomb raider legends on xbox 360 is absolutely fantastic. Well, on any platform to be honest.

did u factor tax? tax is a killer. i'd order it from like newegg or something and only pay shipping. no tax. save lots on something that much. it should add up
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

save a few hundred more and hold out for the PS3

my 360 crashed, however it was a launch 360...the current ones on the shelves have my bug worked out (over heating). btw, fixed for free, should be back this friday

ive never owned a xbox before, im not a halo fan, im totally a ps3 guy, but i have got to say..BUY IT! It's way cool, you wont be disappointed.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

tax is going to be a bugger. i dont know the rates and stuff. i'm going to try and work 5 games so i can get 150$ in two weeks and get tax and a few games or something like that. if anyone cares, i have a list of Xbox games that work on the 360. pm me and i'll send it
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    tax is going to be a bugger. i dont know the rates and stuff. i'm going to try and work 5 games so i can get 150$ in two weeks and get tax and a few games or something like that. if anyone cares, i have a list of Xbox games that work on the 360. pm me and i'll send it
    I hate paying tax on multi-hundred dollar items That's why I am putting my computer together from newegg.com. It'll be $1,200 with shipping, and I don't have to pay tax

i didn't think it looked any better than pc games, i played pgr3 on a hdtv, it looked soooooo choppy, like when the car was turnin, i could see all them squares!.(btw this also happened in the king kong game)

but the games should be sorta fun.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    i didn't think it looked any better than pc games, i played pgr3 on a hdtv, it looked soooooo choppy, like when the car was turnin, i could see all them squares!.(btw this also happened in the king kong game)

but the games should be sorta fun.
    Some televisions have the 'HDTV' branding but the poor quality of the LCD screen probably has something to do with that.

I have an 'HDTV ready' 32" LCD in my living room that looks good when it's off, but the picture quality sucks imo. It's grainy and weird looking.

whats the difference between a core and a normal one?
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

I think one of them has just the X360 and controllers, other one had bigger hard drive, more controllers and games?

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    I think one of them has just the X360 and controllers, other one had bigger hard drive, more controllers and games?
    Yep.

I'd rather save those money for latter use, but if you wanna get the system, then go for it. It never feels good having an empty wallet.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    whats the difference between a core and a normal one?
    core is the 360 + 1 wired controller

premium is 360 + 1 wireless + 20 gig HD + all the stuff youll need for xbox live (headset, gold membership, ethernet cable)

u actually save like $120-$150 if you buy the premium, because your eventually going to want the HD and Xbox live
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

i cant wait to play PGR 3 on my dad's 1080i HDTV 62'

can someone get me a list of stuff for PGR3 you can download from Xbox live?
    how do i connect to it?
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Jimi H...

Thread Information