Thread: What do you think about Saab 9-2X and 9-7X?

What do you think about Saab 9-2X and 9-7X?

I heard that Saap will produce less than 20000 9-7X cars per year, so why do they do it. All the people know that it is Chevrolet Trailblaizer. Saab will be more expensive than Chevy. This model, i think , couldnt be popular.
    Another new model is 9-2X. But who will pay more for it, if the price of Subaru is more attractive.
    My opinion is so: the last real Saab car is 9000. Now Saab is not uniqe.It grieves.

nothing
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

same.

I do like the present 9-3, but the others suck

i dont like the way this is going for Saab...their image of being unique/sometimes quarky will diminish when people start relizing all they are now is just a rebadged (plain jane) GM product.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Personally I like their looks, but they totally kill Saab as a unique Swedish brand, and rather turns them into just another car. Does Bob Lutz know ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING about A CARS CHARACTER?! ERRRGIFISHSASFA!

The Saab 9-2X and the Saab 9-7X are travesties.

Saab has been killed by inattention, GM left it to rot for too long and only now has it starting using those little paddle thingies from E.R. on the company. methinks it's too late.

rest in peace saab, it's been real....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

GM should take a look at what Ford have done with their "premium" brands:
    Landrover seems to be on the up with the new Range Rover, Range Stormer, and Discovery, Aston Martin have the new DB9 and V8 Vantage, Jaguar have the new XJ, and good new models in development, Volvo is doing ok with the new S40/ V50

I don't know what GM thinks its doing.
    Thanks for all the fish

GM is doing precisely nothing but a quick fix solution to the problem, it probably thought that the car maker would try and look after itself, but from what i've heard they've only ever turned 1 profit in the 10 or so years GM has been majority shareholder. They make good cars, characterful cars, but character can alienate. Ford had a plan with the Premium car group. they knew they had good brand names, and they exploited them to their advantage, now most are going great. Saab seems to stand in the way of Cadillac in the Premium part of GM's portfolio, it crowds the market for them, especially when they want Cadillac to be a global brandname.

like a dog, killed by inattention, Saab is pretty well screwed. a shame too, i quite liked them.

I wait for the return of VIGGEN!

But until that happens, Saab is screwed. Come on GM! Don't be <expletive deleted>! Cause i'll smash u! Cuzzie! I'll smash you GM you fullaz! U FULLAZ!! <expletive deleted>!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-30-2004 at 05:40 AM. Reason: I know he's upset but I've toned the language down :)

Such foul language from someone so young! i hope we're not a bad influence on you!!!!

Viggen was a performance model brand in the late 90's, and as far as i know it only appeared on the 9-3 and only for a little while, bringing back it won't help Saab much.

Getting them to fly like their namesake, now that would be novel. it might just save the company to.......

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Getting them to fly like their namesake, now that would be novel. it might just save the company to.......
    The old 95s and 96s certainly flew in rallying ...

but maybe best known for their other rallying treat - rolling
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information