Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Production

Ferrari Production

Hey guys
    whats going on with the ferrari manufacturers what has happened to them they and most manufactures are focusing on production only to earn money by making less horse power vehicles now even luxury vehicles like mercedes sl series is being manufactured at less than even 400 hp

basically they are being conceptualated to first if make money or even make sports luxury .. but anyways the main problem is money

I must have missed the memo about the 4cyl F430... What's wrong with manufactureres making money? As long as there's still performance versions, I don't see the problem...

Hmmm... Ferrari F40: 480bhp; Enzo Ferrari: 660bhp

Can't really see what you're getting at.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Hmmm... Ferrari F40: 480bhp; Enzo Ferrari: 660bhp

Can't really see what you're getting at.
    almost an car nowadyas has far more horsepower as their equivalent 30 years ago whats your point ?

I don't even understand the first post..

What the hell is this guy going on about?

U wanna know whats the problem

So u guys wanna know exactly whats the problem in manufacturing let me set u with an example of the current situation not only in cars but others businesses than i hope u guys that wiil get a glimpse of it .. if any of u is a gamer and is a freak of ps2 remember the game wwe raw vs smackdown how many parts came in six months if u dont know than check it out

SO NOW the main point about cars specially FERRARI ferrari few years ago meant to be a car designed to run on the streets with a max power of over 600 hp and not only one model but 10 s of models but now a days 1 out of 10 ferrari cars is hardly 600 hp like f430 480 hp , Ferrari F430 Spider

FERRARI MR Super america if any of u guys have driven a ferrari than u will know what Hp in FERRARI IS .... taking the rest of the cars like even aston martin or bentley continental gt those cars suite 500 - 490 see the porsche list for hps more less than expected so that means buying a mazda would be better

^^Not seeing your argument. Cars are, in general, more powerful today than they've ever been.

80s vs today:
    Ferrari 328 - 265 hp vs. Ferrari 430 - 480 hp
    Honda Civic Si - 120 hp vs. 197 hp today
    Accord (biggest 4 cyl) - 124 hp vs. 166 hp in Accord and 200 hp in TSX
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 04-19-2006 at 08:42 AM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Yeah, the F430 (the current 'entry level' Ferrari) had more power than their 80s flagship.

Mercedes are another good example: the first proper AMG Merc - The Hammer - had just over 350bhp, now they're churning out 600+

Also, could you re-read your posts a few times before you hit 'send' - they're very hard to understand.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Better compnents and LIGHTER construction removes the need for huge amounts of power.

Being smarter isn't being worse

PERFORMANCE is what matters not just power, or hp/l
    Power to weight is better now than before.
    Performance is better now than before.

You are still confusing us as the "problem in manufacturing" has not conclusion to it

Been in F40, 355 and 360. On track. Dont' know what you are going on about power for. PERFORMANCE dose fine with less ( the F40 is a nightmare on two corners at Knockhill being MUCH slower than all the rest ). Seen a Civic Typ-R huckled round the track in a FASTER lap time than a 911
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Better compnents and LIGHTER construction removes the need for huge amounts of power.

Being smarter isn't being worse

PERFORMANCE is what matters not just power, or hp/l
    Power to weight is better now than before.
    Performance is better now than before....
    True. Technology has made it possible to get a lighter, tighter package but the fact is that cars are now more powerful and not less powerful, as a result of technology. Usable power as in F40 versus more easily controllable cars is a different question.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Guest Guest
    oh god, here comes another FerrariPrinze...

another one lacking punctuation...Ali Baba, is that you?!
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

This guy needs to be introduced to a full-stop"."

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Lol if power concerns you solely in terms of digits then go out and buy a Bugatti Veyron..no weeping about those numbers baby..

But i think I understand his argument. He's is talking about hp per dollar if such a scale should even exist. He's saying that Ferrari charges you 300 grand (cdn) for an F430 whereas an M5 charges you 120 grand and delivers 27 more hp...

My response is then, have you even though about the luxury, or how Ferraris are hand made whereas an M5 is manufactered. People pay for the whole package man, the name, the style, the luxury, and performance is in there as well, but it isn't only numbers.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by AHMEDPAKI
    ...ferrari few years ago meant to be a car designed to run on the streets with a max power of over 600 hp and not only one model but 10 s of models but now a days 1 out of 10 ferrari cars is hardly 600 hp like f430 480 hp , Ferrari F430 Spider
    I for sure didn't get the press release in which they "promised" to build 10s of models of 600 hp cars. Well, they did build 399 Enzos (or is it 400?, ). In my book that's 40 10s. Doesn't that count?

Three words for you: proof read please
    Zag when they Zig

Thread Information