Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 San Marino Grand Prix - Schumacher beats Senna's qualifying record

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Alonso's like the 'new Prost' as opposed to the 'new Senna' in that respect. Drives with his brain, not with his balls.
    So who's the new Schumacher then - ie: someone who drives with the best qualities of using both his brain and his balls? Raikkonen strikes me as the later and Alonso the former, but neither quite has the same mix that Schumacher has/had.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Kimi is definately the next MSC

Do you think that Kimi has the same combination of explosive speed, analytical brain, work ethic, balls to overtake/take risks, knowledge of when to play the percentage game and settle for points/placing and ability to mould a team around him as what Schumacher does? Kimi certainly has some of these attributes. I'm not convinced he has all of them - particularly the work ethic part.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yeah I was surprised at Webber in the last session as he pulled over and gave lots of space to everyone else lapping.
    WHat condition were his weekends tyres in ?
    Had he flatted earlier sets ?
    Maybe he was having to keep a good set for the race options.
    Wouldnt be surprised if following 2 double DNF's, Williams were playing it ultra conservatively. Restrict engine strain through qualy where youve got to give it 100%, youre guranteed at least 10th, save the engine and hope you can get 2 decent finishes rather than 2 finishes full of "could'ves".

In some ways i think Renault's recent dominance is worse than Ferrari in '04. At least MS gave it his all then, Alonso has openly said he's happy to finish 2nd. Wheres the fighting spirit in that?!?
    I am the Stig

i saw only 5-6 laps of it, it was amazing how Alonso came so close to beating Schumacher, cutting seconds off his lap each lap.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

IMO, so far no driver seems to have MS's quality of being able to lead a team around him. Alonso comes close, but his Renault-to-McLaren move definitely is not a helping cause in that.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thats because Ferrari only care about MS.

Irvine? Barrichello? Massa? Who where they?
    I am the Stig

Obviously, because he built that team. Without Michael Ferrari would not have Ross Brawn or Rory Bryne....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information