Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pukekohe V8 Supercars

Pukekohe V8 Supercars

V8's at Puke this weekend - I would've gone but I have other commitments. .... Anyways, as everyone knows, the Reverse Grid will make its debut this weekend - thoughts? I think its a backwards step, but that's just me - At Least it makes it harder for Murphy to win.

I think that Jason Bright will win the event - the reverse grid format should suit his almost, but not really status when it comes to car speed. I suspect there'll be plenty of mid-field Ford teams (Team BOC, DJR, FPR etc) at the front of the grid for Race 3.
    Last edited by Monty_Burns; 04-19-2006 at 02:49 PM.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    ...the Reverse Grid will make its debut this weekend - thoughts? I think its a backwards step, but that's just me
    Reverse grids are very very entertaining. Down side is that they are very expensive for teams, which is precisely why they are entertaining.

Real good to highlight warriors from plain good drivers too.
    Zag when they Zig

V8's at Puke this weekend - I would've gone but I have other commitments. .... Anyways, as everyone knows, the Reverse Grid will make its debut this weekend - thoughts? I think its a backwards step, but that's just me - At Least it makes it harder for Murphy to win.

I think that Jason Bright will win the event - the reverse grid format should suit his almost, but not really status when it comes to car speed. I suspect there'll be plenty of mid-field Ford teams (Team BOC, DJR, FPR etc) at the front of the grid for Race 3.
    Watch for Steve Johnson in the DJR Ford. He won last time there was a reverse grid race in Canberra. I agree that a lot of the Ford teams in the "nearly there" catagory are the ones to watch in the reserve grid race - and overall for the weekend. Jamie Whincup should also do well - not as fast as Lowndes, but he'll probably finish behind Lowndes in race 1 and start higher up the grid in race 2 for the reserve grid race. Most of the fast guys (Lowndes, Murphy, Skaife, Tander and the Kelly brothers) will either fly through from the rear or get into a lot of trouble. All are aggressive, hard chargers, so I expect carnage.
    There are two fast guys - Steven Richards and Russell Ingall - who will be more measured in the reverse grid race. Probably also worth watching Cameron McConville in the second Super Cheap Commodore.
    Its a hard one to predict - but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that thanks to the reverse grid format one of the mid field "nearly there" Fords will win the round - finally breaking Holden's dominance of the round.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Also, anyone taking beats as to whether James Courtney can keep up his 100% record of crashing at every track he's raced a V8 Supercar (so far: Bathurst, Adelaide and Albert Park)?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Also, anyone taking beats as to whether James Courtney can keep up his 100% record of crashing at every track he's raced a V8 Supercar (so far: Bathurst, Adelaide and Albert Park)?

Little doubt in my mind that Crunch Courtney will extend his smashing rep. He needs sponsorship from TAFE, or at the least from Landsvale

I'm willing to bet one of the bigger headed drivers (Murph) tries a sneaky move down the inside at one of the hairpin like corners in race 2.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Watch for Steve Johnson in the DJR Ford. He won last time there was a reverse grid race in Canberra. I agree that a lot of the Ford teams in the "nearly there" catagory are the ones to watch in the reserve grid race - and overall for the weekend. Jamie Whincup should also do well - not as fast as Lowndes, but he'll probably finish behind Lowndes in race 1 and start higher up the grid in race 2 for the reserve grid race. Most of the fast guys (Lowndes, Murphy, Skaife, Tander and the Kelly brothers) will either fly through from the rear or get into a lot of trouble. All are aggressive, hard chargers, so I expect carnage.
    There are two fast guys - Steven Richards and Russell Ingall - who will be more measured in the reverse grid race. Probably also worth watching Cameron McConville in the second Super Cheap Commodore.
    Its a hard one to predict - but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that thanks to the reverse grid format one of the mid field "nearly there" Fords will win the round - finally breaking Holden's dominance of the round.
    Yeah, definitely agree. Predicted top 3;

1st. Bright; 2nd. Johnson; 3rd. Bowe.

Just as long as Murphy doesn't win, I'm happy.

Just as long as Murphy doesn't win, I'm happy.
    We usually dont hear that from NZers
    I am the Stig

About Greg Murphy,,,,I've really had a gutsfull of the press over here (New Zealand). They're still going on about how the Bathurst incident was Marcos Ambrose's fault, and how Murph is an example to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    We usually dont hear that from NZers
    My sig. tells the story.

I'd love to see S. Richards pull some more of those 5th to 1st overtaking moves, that was gold
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well I'm gonna spend my week-end on Motors TV soAll my support goes to Steven Johnson

About Greg Murphy,,,,I've really had a gutsfull of the press over here (New Zealand). They're still going on about how the Bathurst incident was Marcos Ambrose's fault, and how Murph is an example to us all.
    Theres a million and one theories still going on about that one.

Serious question here, do alot of NZers realise theres more NZ drivers than Murphy?
    I am the Stig

We must not forget Jason Richards. The Tasman Commodore is going very well. A round win isn't far away. Also, the Team Kiwi Commodore of Radisich may be one to watch with the reverse grid races - as long as Radisich doesn't employ the old BTCC tactics he has be known to employ in the past.
    I'd rather they didn't have reverse grid rathers, but since they have them, it will interesting to see how the drivers handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Theres a million and one theories still going on about that one.

Serious question here, do alot of NZers realise theres more NZ drivers than Murphy?
    Not unless one of the other NZ drivers wins - which only happens every now and then now that Radisich is no longer a front line driver. Once Jason Richards starts to win (not long now), the NZ media will have a second driver to fawn over.

Thread Information