Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

i can only say that you tune a car to make it the way you like it, its a fun experience and there are a lot of things you can put inside and outisde of your civic to make it good looking and original, if you cant have ideas to modify a car sorry, then go and buy one of that ugly and simple american car to please you, if you dont wish to do it, then stop critizicing the otherones. To conclude i think any car is better than an american car, always.
    MaJuLpEñO! CoOl, FrEsH, nAtUrAl PeOpLe!! (CCK)

It most certainly is a fun experience indeed but most of the people who do this sort of stuff pay to get it done and as the old Drum rolling tobacco commercials say there’s nothing more satisfying then doing something yourself and most of these people claim they don’t have the time I work 8am-5pm 5 days a week sometimes 6 and some times longer hours I’m stuffed after every day running around being on my feet making sure cars are ready for delivery and trying not to get snapped and I make the time to work on my own cars these people get gay modification which they pay shops to do for them.
    And as for original are you thick or something? What’s individual about Japanese Kanji (Single letter words) on your car? What’s individual about something that has been done a million and one times before? Ricers are a case of SSDD (Same Shit Done Differently) what is individual to people who pay attention to this crap only looks the same to everyone else. I am a classic example of lacking in all individuality I own an XY falcon I intend to make a GT replica out of it the most replicated car in this country! I’m not doing it with the claim I’m an individual and I’m not going to drive around like I own the road pumping DOOF DOOF music all over the place because A the car is a personal taste not a personal statement I don’t crave attention that much and B I have taste in music and consideration to others and not to mention a respect for the law. And not to mention is your idea of individual a spoiler put around the wrong way?
    And since when is simplicity a bad thing? I drive a Datsun sunny with an A12 pushrod engine it is the most simple thing in the world to work on and older engine of nearly all varieties aren’t as primitive as you might think the Datsun A and B motors for example have fully forged bottom ends and not to mention very well thought out alloy heads (which didn’t warp like most did in the 60s) V8 engines as simplistic as they might be are still quite practical they are not very stressed, they provide smooth effortless cruising and they still are a bench mark for performance I bring you to the example of most Ricers of I beat a V8!
    And have you ever heard of domestic rice? No cars are safe from bad taste if you look further on them sites I handed out there is what the man called the GHETTO STANG so your so called crap American cars are also affected by this plague too.
    And you’re a total wanker! Wake up any car better then an American car ignorance must be bliss despite their claimed quality problems if you talk to American owners 9 out of 10 don’t actually have any problems with them just like any where else the only reason why they seem to have a worse track record is because they are the biggest market of cars there is in the world! And while I am no fan of imports I don’t mind them in general and I do try to be fair your just being obtuse quite on purpose.
    Iknownot many people aregoing to be happy withall this i just said but thats how i feel i think that its fine they can do what they want but when they cruise by my house with their DOOF DOOF crap at 12pm have cars that look gay and try and drag race me while im in my sunny (a clapped out 1.2 liter and their usually in quite healthy new hondas) and make it like its a big deal they beat me when i wasnt actually raceing (unlike some people) i work for a living and depend on my liscence.

well i can understand your points, but anyway young people has a very different taste with cars than an older person, so you may not agree with this shit of tuning cars, and all of those, but you have to understand people who does it, cause everyone has a way of wasting money and time, you may not like to tune cars, you like simplicity and i dont care about it, you should do the same, try not to care of something that doesnt affect you, well only that crazy beat you hear by your house sometimes, just... close the window, or think in something that please you
    MaJuLpEñO! CoOl, FrEsH, nAtUrAl PeOpLe!! (CCK)

Me an older person at 18?
    Wellwhen i say tuneing I believe that actually "tuneing" somthing not adding bits and peices which are turly debateable and sometimes even detralmental to the cars performance (you just seem to be useing the word tuneing too loosely) And also tuneing is somthing i do on the computer Dyno we own (by preformance trends) i spend absolute hours trying to make a combo that will work hard and return good ecconmy (with varing sucsess) that is also what i call a form of tuneing.
    And look at it this way i do the work on my own cars simplicity is not a bad thing there and not to mention parts are much cheaper and with only 4 gears m sunny gets more ecconmy then a honda or similar 4 cylender econo box.
    And as for the music my windows are closed and things fall off the shelves to give you an idea how loud it is that dude must be def other wise he would of blown his ear drums by now....

People who do crap like that cost me a lot in high school. When I told people I liked turbo cars and japanese performance I was totally hammered for it. They thought I liked camrys and such with stickers and spoilers and so on, when really I just loved the RH-9 club and the Wangan route competitors in Japan.

Still, I have seen in my local areas bog-standard VN commodores with HRT rear wings on them, and they are an equally ridiculous proposition!
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Well yes and no the hrt rear wings on the commadores also came out on a standard model same with that rediculous rear wing on the cosworth sierra its goofy looking but a stock item...but on your standard v6 model like a guy i went to school with is somthing i laugh at like any rice burner (i like the added Effect of the clubsport body kit on a base model and the fact it says CLUBSPO on the back hes now added neons and a stero i laugh evrery time) dont think i dont laugh at them either rice burners are more pathetic because most of the time their just ecconmy cars with no balls in the first place. As i said theisnothing wrong with real performance cars and nothing wrong with Buzz boxes (effectivly small 4 cyl sleepers like my fathers 69 1000) just tasteless ones aremy problem.

I know exactly what you mean. Fortunately for me, I live near a suburb called Sunnybank. It is the Asian hub of queensland, and virtually every car with a sticker on it (driven by an asian guy) packs a real punch. I have seen guys pull out 10-sec time slips from their glove boxes to prove points, and there are also some very impressive drift meets. Looking under the bonnet of a 300km/h supra is pretty exciting too.

And then on the other side of the coin there are the white ricer kids over the fence who do exactly what you say. One bloke I work with owns (no joke) a grey 1989 camry, which he has fitted mags and a big exhaust tip to. Every 10 minutes he walks up to the shop doors to look out and see if it has been stolen, he really believes it is that desireable!
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Thats what im talking about and to ad another angal to it i find it real sad when a genuinly nice car (eg the blue 92 silvia i saw the other day) is tateslessly modified....its had one hell ofa giant alloy wing was dropped on its guts had a GIANT front air dam body kit on it and really ugly chrome mags and incrwedibly loudy went PSSSSSSSSHHHHHT between gears...Personally i think that the stock and very understated rear wing looks good on them some with the front air damn. Stock alloys in them are nice and mags dont have to be chrome or look likea pile of string thrown on the ground to look nice and the blow off valve not only is that illegal but makes me laugh too....most are fake anyways.That was drivan by an asain BTW their not immune to ruining cars (i dont doubt it was fast he just spoiled the looks of a nice car) itallians and greeks and other such europeans are also prone to ruining cars as well one of their biggest problems is they seem to be colour blind and mix and match fluro colours.
    As i said before imports (not including most econo) either stock or tastefully done are nice cars ricers are shit.

I didn't mean to say asian people are immune to this phenomena, just that there are large numbers of wealthy ones who take it seriously and it is considered rdse to cover your car in stickers for mods you have not done. I agree with you about the Silvia, by the way. People will ruin any good, basic car design and 'uglify' it up just to be original.

On an interesting note i have had a lot of people stir me up at the lights in my sunny and while they do flog me (especiallynot helped since the odmetre on my sunny has ticked over more then once and the engine needs a good splash of oil every few months) I just about always and i mean always beat them off the lights! Idont get it these peoplecanstanly attentd street meets (i dont because i dont have a car worth entering) and when the lights turn green i take off the moment it happens....funny the peoplewho think they can race. And yes they do flog me every time as most of the time i stop when i hit the speed limit.

Cams were invented a while ago. Yep that's great, and pushrod engines used one too. So what's your point?

think about it

you've got to take a more outside view to the problem. THe people that do that to a civic are simply just dumbasses. Think about it to yourself, if you can mod the civic and make it a sports car, why dosn't the company do it anyway for you? because its not made for a sports car. They do make sports cars, (integra type-R or even civic type-R) but the point is that the car itself wasn't made to be a racer, and thus i conclude that the people that do that are just stupid. same goes with people who mod their lancer gli to make it into an evo and their hyundai xcels into a bicycle.
    The Power of Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by norman
    you've got to take a more outside view to the problem. THe people that do that to a civic are simply just dumbasses. Think about it to yourself, if you can mod the civic and make it a sports car, why dosn't the company do it anyway for you? because its not made for a sports car. They do make sports cars, (integra type-R or even civic type-R) but the point is that the car itself wasn't made to be a racer, and thus i conclude that the people that do that are just stupid. same goes with people who mod their lancer gli to make it into an evo and their hyundai xcels into a bicycle.

you just contradicted yourself. and by the way i would consider a s200 a pretty good sports car. and you say its not made to be a racer? racer....are you talking about auto-x, rally, street, track, drag. the company does not make the cars all modded because thenm they wouldnt be cheap and you wouldnt be able to customize engine, exhaust rims etc. granted some times turning a plane lancer in to a evo is gonna be more $$$ then buying one. hyundai xcels into a bicycle... u talking about a hyaibusa swap

I am 18 and a Civic driver as my ID suggests. With that said, there are just as many people that rice out thier civics as kids that put flowmasters on their mustangs and trucks. And it is all about doing the work yourself, due to this "ricer" craze kids are learning more about cars at a younger age. I have made the decision to become a mechanic and so have a bunch of my classmates. I have equal respect for all cars that have any amount of heart and work put into them.

And by the way, my civic is not "riced"

Quote Originally Posted by civicrider04
    I am 18 and a Civic driver as my ID suggests. With that said, there are just as many people that rice out thier civics as kids that put flowmasters on their mustangs and trucks. And it is all about doing the work yourself, due to this "ricer" craze kids are learning more about cars at a younger age. I have made the decision to become a mechanic and so have a bunch of my classmates. I have equal respect for all cars that have any amount of heart and work put into them.

And by the way, my civic is not "riced"
    Its all good fun. Your car is your own business. Modify it to your own taste. If someone thinks its "riced" , it shouldnt really matter to you. Just dont try to please everyone except yourself.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information