Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: permit

permit

i got my learner's permit today, hell yeah!!!

waste of a thread, i know

It's not a waste, congratulations dude!

How does the Texan licensing system work - are you able to now drive on you're own or is a Permit meaning you're allowed to learn to drive with an Adult present?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    It's not a waste, congratulations dude!

How does the Texan licensing system work - are you able to now drive on you're own or is a Permit meaning you're allowed to learn to drive with an Adult present?
    It should be that he gets to learn while an adult is present.

Congrats man!

If I remember right IB4W, with a Permit, you can drive, but you must have an adult with you at all times who currently holds a license.

Since MP is 15, this is about as far as he can go until he turns 16, then I think there is a 6-month waiting period til' you can get your license.

However, since he is in a different part, it might work different for him.

I got my permit 15, and license 5 months after I turned 16.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I see.

Here in the ACT you can go for your Learner License at 15 years, 9 months. but you can't get your Provisional (in between a Full license and your L-plates) when you turn 17.

you're not allowed to drive with you're L's unless a licensed driver is instructing you.

and you can, when taking the test, take a one-off test or go 'log-book' (where the 21 competencies are marked off individually).
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 04-26-2006 at 05:31 PM.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

what i did was, got a hardship license when i turned 15 to get to skool(can also get 1 to drive to work), you can get this 1 if you don't have any other type of ride to the place(ie parent's can't, skool bus don't go around), then when i turned 16 i took drivin skool and got my provisional license(which doesn't require a parent, but has drivin hour limit(couldn't drive from midnight till 5am)), most 16yr old's have to drive with an adult for 6 months after takin drivers ed, then after that they get the license to drive alone.(i didn't have to do the 6 months thing, i was told cause i had a hardship license).

then when you turn 18 you get your real license.

btw the hardship license had to be renewed every 3 months i think, the provisional license was to be renewed when you turn 17 and when 18.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

In Dirty Jersey, you have to pass Drivers Education and the Permit Test, and you receive a card. When you turn 16, you have to do 6hrs with a licensed driving instructor, and then you receive your actual permit that allows you to drive with a licensed adult (over 21 years old I believe). When you turn 17, you take the road-test at the DMV, get your Provisional license which is a normal license, but you can't drive from midnight to 5 or 6 am, can only have one passenger in your car that isn't direct family or over 21, the alcohol tolerance is 0, etc. etc. At 18 years old you get your full-on license.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    If I remember right IB4W, with a Permit, you can drive, but you must have an adult with you at all times who currently holds a license.

Since MP is 15, this is about as far as he can go until he turns 16, then I think there is a 6-month waiting period til' you can get your license.

However, since he is in a different part, it might work different for him.

I got my permit 15, and license 5 months after I turned 16.
    no you can get it the day you turn 16, as long as you have held your permit for at least 6 months

my friend said i might be able to drive home once ive had some more experience

you lucky bastards. Here we can only start driving under guidance in a car with double controls when we are 18. Only after passing the driving test we can go out on our own. (and then really start getting the experience how to drive and behave in traffic)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you lucky bastards. Here we can only start driving under guidance in a car with double controls when we are 18. Only after passing the driving test we can go out on our own. (and then really start getting the experience how to drive and behave in traffic)
    haha didnt you start driving like 30 years ago? seems like you shouldnt still be bitter

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha didnt you start driving like 30 years ago? seems like you shouldnt still be bitter
    my license will celebrate its 40th anniversary next year....
    I actually think that allwoing 15 year olds behind the wheel is not the best way to start...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

congratulations MP, well done!

just 23 hours ago i successfully got my P's (the next step after the L's as explained by IB4R)

P's allow me to-

drive alone
    have people in the car
    90kph speed limit
    0.0 BAC (blood alchahol content)

happy driving MP!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

no you can get it the day you turn 16, as long as you have held your permit for at least 6 months

my friend said i might be able to drive home once ive had some more experience
    Ah that's right. If you don't have a permit, then you have to wait a while.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    He is angry becasue he could at 15 he could operate toy Citroens

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Ah that's right. If you don't have a permit, then you have to wait a while.
    yeah you can wait till 18 and get it without a permit, just have to pass the test

Thread Information