Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holden VX S-Pack Supercharged

Holden VX S-Pack Supercharged

I havnt been able to find any Holden VX S-Pack Supercharged MANUALS, all seem to be Auto's.

Were there any made with a manual Trans?

Cheers

They only came in auto, Holden didnt have a suitable manual
    I am the Stig

Or the balls to do it
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Tisk tisk i dissapear for a time and whatch this room fall into rack and ruin :P they did come manual just 99% of the owners perferd to let the car do the thinking they did come manual but still remained fairly uninspiring performance wise (imo) easiest way to get a manaul supercharged v6 is the much unloved XU6 if you can afford it and you also get the added bonus of haveing a geuine HSV.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

falcon long time no see
    any pics/specs of the XU6? i've never heard of it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

ohhhh now you done it ill see if i can dish up a pic

But on the outside the only external diffrences from a VT clubsport (CORRECTION its manta based) was the XU6 transfer on the side and the smaller exhaust on the interior standard HSV interior for the time and under the bonnet came a slightly tweaked supercharged v6 which my brain failed me because i kept thinking 192kw....and to be a royal pain the one in this information is auto

Quite apart from our Company's 10th Anniversary in 1998, the year marks another significant milestone for HSV. We are pleased to announce the HSV XU6 Supercharged V6, our first six cylinder model since the successful SV3800 produced in the early 1990's

Engine: 3.8 Litre V6 EFI Engine.
    Transmission: 4-Speed Recalibrated Electronic Transmission.
    Power: 180kW at 5,200rpm
    Torque: 380Nm at 3,200rpm

And there is some fiction in that description the SV3800 was not succsesful
    But yes customers have brough in supercharged manauls before.
    And according to info 1/4 times is lookin at 15.50 and 0-100 km/h in 7.5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Falcon500; 04-28-2006 at 05:12 AM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

There was also an XU8 around there, but like most of HSV's original VT models they were a bit of a wank...
    I am the Stig

Media Release : February, 1999.
    HSV's New XU8 - Limited Edition

Following the arrival of the new HSV XU8 model, all HSV standard wheelbase passenger cars now share the distinctive HSV styling. The XU8 features the striking Ian Callum body additions that have played a major role in the success of HSV's VT range. The XU6 has also been upgraded and gains the same styling package.

The XU8 is an exclusive extra value model that will only be available in limited numbers over a short six month build period. It is a more affordable special tribute to the much-loved Australian Holden V8.

The XU8 features the ClubSport's 195kW V8 with a choice of the Getrag 5 speed manual of the HSV calibrated 4 speed auto. XU8 performance starts at $49,800 for the manual while the auto retails at $50,990. This positions the XU8 as the performance per dollar leader in the HSV passenger car range.

The XU8 may be closer in appearance to the ClubSport but HSV have been careful not to erode the exclusive appeal of the ClubSport, the most popular model of the HSV range. The XU8 exterior doesn't have the ClubSport's special colour accents or fog lights, nor it's special alloy wheels and premium tyres. XU8 colours are restricted to Sting Red, Bermuda Blue and Orion Silver.

The XU8's simpler colour scheme and openings in the front airdam, which feed cooling air to the brakes, give it a clean, purposeful look. The 17 inch XU8 alloy wheels are a more traditional HSV style and are fitted with high performance Bridgestone tyres. The no-nonsense interior and exterior packaging of the XU8 recalls the first ClubSport released as part of HSV's VN range in 1990.

Inside, the XU8 has the contoured front sports seats already previewed in the XU6 and Manta, trimmed in similar Marion velour fabrics with matching door panels and carpeted door pockets. XU8 essentials include the sports seats and comprehensive instrumentation ready for the driver to exploit and enjoy traditional HSV levels of performance.

Standard XU8 features include drivers' airbag, ABS, electric windows, air conditioning, radio-cassette, rear headrests, electric mirrors and central locking. HSV's ISS high security system is also standard. Cruise control is standard on the XU8 automatic only.

The XU8 suspension features HSV -developed springs and HSV recalibrated gas shock absorbers front and rear. Suspension specifications, including the anti-roll bars, are less aggressive than the ClubSport when the XU8 is aimed at buyers who require a dual purpose everyday business and weekend performance vehicle.

Performance-oriented XU8 buyers can order HSV's Premium or Performance brake packages on special order request.

The XU8 makes the great looks, extra V8 performance, refinement and exclusivity of HSV's VT range even more accessible than ever before.

The XU8 is only available from exclusive HSV retailers.

A little info i found....its just a manta with a diffrent name by the sounds of it....

Haha alright then smartarse, got anything on the SV98?
    I am the Stig

Engine: 5.0-Litre. (195kW)
    Transmission: 5-speed manual
    4-speed automatic
    Power: 195kW at 5,200rpm
    Torque: 430Nm at 3,600rpm
    Powertrain: Limited Slip Differential.
    Stainless steel exhaust.
    Mechanical: Rack & Pinion power steering.
    Independent rear suspension (IRS).
    4 wheel power disc brakes with ABS.
    Unique HSV suspension tuning package.
    Exterior Side skirts.
    Rear spoiler with clear stop lens. (cant be replaced nowdays -Nick)
    Power side mirrors.
    Intermittent windscreen wipers.
    Electrical: Electric rear window demister.
    Electronic Cruise Control. Auto only
    Digital Clock in radio.
    Headlamp auto-off.
    Tachometer.
    Holden "Tech2" diagnosis of all major electronic control systems. Standard
    Deadlocks.
    Remote 2-stage key for doors and boot
    Audio: AM/FM Cassette, electronic tuning, memory, auto reverse,Dolby NR. (1999 and still offering cassette? as long as its got fm im happy)
    Seating: Sports front seat design
    Electronic front seats.
    Standard
    Children: Power window override switch
    Rear door child locks.
    Standard
    Cabin Comfort: Owners manual.
    Electric sunroof. Optional
    HSV SatNav. Optional
    Storage: Rear seat access to boot.
    Security: Additional microprocessor based engine immobiliser with encoded key (ISS).
    Radio/cassette security electronics using PIN.
    Full immersion body corrosion protection.
    HSV wheel locknuts. Optional
    Identification: Lion & helmet badge - hood.
    Model ID badge on boot lid.
    Instrument panel badge (exclusively numbered).

Wheels &
    Tyres: 17x8 VS style
    Bridgestone B530 235/45 R17.

Interior: Sports Seats.

Body Colours: Sting Red.
    Bermuda Blue.
    Orion Silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wasnt that the one they had on need for speed high stakes and only made like 300 of....the only thing i rember clearly about that car was an exagerated 1/4 and 0-100 time (no way the apprent 220kw weighing 1800kg could so easily aout accelerate a Au XR8 makeing 185 at a mid 1500 kg weight) and shit brown leather interior highlights which where supposed to be gold....i suppose an imagination was required on that one

Thats all i can think of if you can prove me wrong im all for it ill learn something

I still liked the VX XU6 better to me it was a better looking car. One of my favourites to

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Wasnt that the one they had on need for speed high stakes and only made like 300 of....the only thing i rember clearly about that car was an exagerated 1/4 and 0-100 time (no way the apprent 220kw weighing 1800kg could so easily aout accelerate a Au XR8 makeing 185 at a mid 1500 kg weight) and shit brown leather interior highlights which where supposed to be gold....i suppose an imagination was required on that one

Thats all i can think of if you can prove me wrong im all for it ill learn something
    That was the SV99
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

No it was the series 1 GTS with the 220kw stroker, all the other HSV's had 195kw over the SS's 179kw (and S supercharged 171kw).

It was also on the PC edition of NFS:3 HP, against the EL GT
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Tisk tisk i dissapear for a time and whatch this room fall into rack and ruin :P they did come manual just 99% of the owners perferd to let the car do the thinking they did come manual but still remained fairly uninspiring performance wise (imo) easiest way to get a manaul supercharged v6 is the much unloved XU6 if you can afford it and you also get the added bonus of haveing a geuine HSV.
    Are you sure mate, For as long as i have known you couldn't get a manual in any V6 supercharged version, My brothers friend bought a brand new one and paid $6000 to have it converted to manual, the same place that done my brothers old EF Ghia to manual. He said there was no option for him and he begged for a manual and this bloke has the $$$$$ to he owns a VXII Clubsport and Hummer.

I believe there was a SV98 but i can't seem to find one but it does seem familiar.

Thread Information