Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tourist Trophy

Tourist Trophy

I know this isn't cars but has anyone else played Tourist Trophy on PS2? I love it, I can't stop playing it, and it's hard. Screaming around on bikes like that has never been more entertaining.

EDIT: I've got one thing.... why is it so hard????? Motorcycle racing is difficult by default, they should cut the player some SLACK!!!!#!@#$!$#@$
    Last edited by Radoman; 05-02-2006 at 01:01 AM.

Not tried that one.
    MotoGP and TT Superbikes get a fair bit of use tho ( the latter bing the complete Isle of Man 37 mile circuit and well rendered -- can recognise all our pubs )

But , YES, bikes ARE that hard to ride fast. A LOT harder than a car.
    Are you running with separate brakes and moving the rider weight ?
    If not, then the game AI may not be very good at getting those things right.
    Use the rear brake only to point the bike if you're too fast and understeering -- GENTLY though or you'll "lowside". and NEVER touch the front brake in a corner !!
    Get the rider to sit up and weight back on brake, weight forward on accelerating. Move the rider into the inside of the bike to increase cornering grip and speed.
    You CANNOT slam the throttle on a bike coming out of a corner. It requires THE most delicate throttle control to JUST have the rear sliding fractionally. Any more and it will undoubtedly "highside" you !!
    IN corner coming off the throttle and you will corner less, apply a little more throttle and you will get more steering ( to do with the way a bike squats under acceleration and alters the geometry )
    Finally, ...... use the revs
    To be REALLY fast you HAVE to use both analog sticks and make only the amount of movement necessary to be fast -- ie not slamming the sticks side to side/back/front etc. Build your speed up and lap times down.
    SMOOTH is the way to speed on a bike on tarmac
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-02-2006 at 02:57 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've played it, and i really like it. I love how you can edit the way you sit on your bike while cornering, and how you can brake separatly. On pro mode it is quite intense, but thats what its suppose to be Cockpit view is awesome!
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

could we get some in game screens?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/...reenindex.html
    That's the link to the screens,enjoy!
    ALFA ROMEO-Poetry In Motion

whats the controlling scheme? Gamepad?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Ha im Playing it right now. What kind if bikes Do you guys have in it? The game itself is hard and the tests for the super licenses are very challenging. We should have a phoo contest for tt.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Photomode still is one of the better ideas of polyphony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Not tried that one.
    MotoGP and TT Superbikes get a fair bit of use tho ( the latter bing the complete Isle of Man 37 mile circuit and well rendered -- can recognise all our pubs )

But , YES, bikes ARE that hard to ride fast. A LOT harder than a car.
    Are you running with separate brakes and moving the rider weight ?
    If not, then the game AI may not be very good at getting those things right.
    Use the rear brake only to point the bike if you're too fast and understeering -- GENTLY though or you'll "lowside". and NEVER touch the front brake in a corner !!
    Get the rider to sit up and weight back on brake, weight forward on accelerating. Move the rider into the inside of the bike to increase cornering grip and speed.
    You CANNOT slam the throttle on a bike coming out of a corner. It requires THE most delicate throttle control to JUST have the rear sliding fractionally. Any more and it will undoubtedly "highside" you !!
    IN corner coming off the throttle and you will corner less, apply a little more throttle and you will get more steering ( to do with the way a bike squats under acceleration and alters the geometry )
    Finally, ...... use the revs
    To be REALLY fast you HAVE to use both analog sticks and make only the amount of movement necessary to be fast -- ie not slamming the sticks side to side/back/front etc. Build your speed up and lap times down.
    SMOOTH is the way to speed on a bike on tarmac

Yes, I know all that... I wasn't complaing how hard it is to ride the bike, I'm quickly getting used to it and enjoying it. My gripes are more to do with the new bike challenges. You have to pass and stay ahead of one or more other bikes within a set number of laps, but if you go off the road, for instance in Tsukaba, with anything more than a brief touch of the gravel/grass, you fail the challenge IMMEDIATELY. And because the opponent rider is going so damn fast, it takes an absolutely perfect run to get even close within the set amount of laps.

Minor stuff like that. I actually appreciate the challenge of getting good at riding the bikes itself, it takes a fine touch and you have to really know what you're doing. It's just the fact that it's that difficult already by default and they add some minor little rules in there that means I have to restart the same challenge 14 times just to win a stupid bike so I can take it to the legit races.

But that's really just me griping. Other than those things, this game is rather addictive and I'm finding it to perhaps be my new fix of speed (until GT: Visions, GTR2, etc..). I wish it had a little more depth, though... it sort of feels like a slightly dumbed-down GT4 with bikes. Only one new track, you can't buy your bikes (you have to win them via the previously mentioned challenges), little in the way of customization and performance upgrades (I think you have to win those too), and apparently only up to 4 riders on the screen at the same time. And I STILL can't do burnouts... but I can make a few bikes do wheelies and stoppies, though

I'd like to see what PD do with this franchise on PS3.

Edit again: Thanks for the Advice though, MetA. I try to set up the bike so I don't have to correct mid corner, but I find myself making that mistake often enough. I'm running the regular control set up, but I still try to use the rear brake if I find myself understeering. I usually tuck when taking fast corners (for most of the bikes the rider is already tucked by default until you decelerate and/or turn).
    Last edited by Radoman; 05-02-2006 at 09:24 PM.

I took this picture of my GIXXER1k in the game I absoutly love the game!
    Attached Images Attached Images

one question I have- Do the game have off road bikes? And if so, do they still have all the "rally" tracks?

I'm seriously thinking about picking this game up
    eat cicada

There are a few dirt bikes but strangely no rally tracks. I don't think the rally tracks would work, they'd have to create shiny new bike tracks if they were going to be serious about the off-road biking.

I admit it would be cool for dirtbikes in it theres dualsport bikes but no flatout moto bikes. Id defiantly buy it its sweet.

Omg i just rented this game and its awesome! i don't find it hard at all and you get better at it way faster then in GT4. This game rules!

Its alot of fun for sure. Very challenging to get the litre race bikes but I found it easier to get them then the 600's. Once you get into trying to get the 600's and 1000's youll come within tenths of a second it makes you so mad.

Thread Information