Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

1 8.33%

Thread: Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept

Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept

I absolutely hate the new concept for the eclipse. i hope it doesnt go into production. should it go into production? what do you guys think.
    Last edited by deffenbaugh03; 03-11-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    I absolutely hate the new concept for the eclipse. i hope it doesnt go into production. should it go into production? what do you guys think.

You mean Mitsubishi Eclipse right?

wow my bad im so frikkin stupid yea i meant that sry

dont you mean misubishi? yes i too hate the current eclipse generation, not only is it ugly it has aboslutly nothing to claim performance wise, its V6 is a joke. now this "eclipse concept E"

*browses for stats and a pic...*
    overall i give it a B- for styling, tho slightly better than the current i still dont quite like it, id like it even more if they did something with the headlights and the whole back end (a little too audi TT/350z-ish for my tastes) especially the B-pillars, and the bulging forhead like windsheild, it could be a nice care if they worked with the proportions a little bit but as of right now the concept is int that great , as far as the grunt, te concept has an electricaly assisted 2.8 liter V6 making 470hp, i doubt it would have that much power in the production version and it said the electric assist wont make it either but f it could keep some decent power it might live up to the eclipse name
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

is there anyway i can change the thread title, i feel so stupid, well i am kind of stupid but yea is there a way?

just read more, the V6 is 270hp while the electric assist adds 200 more hp to get the 470hp

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    just read more, the V6 is 270hp while the electric assist adds 200 more hp to get the 470hp
    I think the electric assist won't be coming out (not sure tho) But 270 hp is more than enough, that Eclipse will be the fastest of all and yes, I do believe it should replace the current one.

The one I like the most so far is the 1998 model (gst and gsx), but I'm sure I'll like the new one better.

how about as far as looks go, which eclipse is youre favorite?

I would have to say the all around most well rounded Eclipse is the Gen II, it looked, performed well(could be had in N/A 4 cyl or Turbo 4, FWD or AWD, 6 cyl). It was also lighter than the current model. As for the concept E i love it, many people i know say they hate it and hope it never comes to production, what they don't seem to realize is what you see in the pictures isn't spot on exactly what the next-gen Eclipse is going to look like, just like any other concept car you must look at this with a little bit of scrutiny to see the basics of what's coming.

Second generation eclipses did not have a 6 cylinder model. The GSX was the top of the line, which was an hardtop AWD Turbo I4.

i like the concept way better then this current 3rd gen. the 3rd is heavy, looks bad, is a shitty v6 and not awd. my fav. would have to be a 2nd gen (gst,gsx,tsi)or a flip-head light 1st gen (gst,gsx or the tsi) i read a report that that concept is 80% production and it most likley will have the 270hp hybrid engine, up front and the 200hp electric in back that kicks on when u mash the gas giving her a wonderful 470hp of awd action. i hope they go with it

well you cant beat 200hp with a torque curve as flat as they come ala. electric motor... driving the back wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    Second generation eclipses did not have a 6 cylinder model. The GSX was the top of the line, which was an hardtop AWD Turbo I4.
    Ok, my bad wasn't sure about the 6cyl. model, didn't think it did come with one, but, i thought there might be a greater chance it did rather than didn't.

Thread Information