Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: bye bye GTO

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    So how many posts is one supposed to make before being allowed to?
    This is word for word from Wouter himself

In an attempt to stop the spam madness, I have made it impossible for new members to post a new thread. To change this a new user has to post once and wait up to an hour before their status is upgraded. It is similar to the system used to prevent new members to view attachments if they not have posted within the first month of registering.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    This is word for word from Wouter himself
    I was asking because of the SC-net clone you have to make 50 posts before you are allowed to open a thread.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Do you think it's possible that Holden can outsell Pontiac? To me they seem to have a good set of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by davis1O1
    Do you think it's possible that Holden can outsell Pontiac? To me they seem to have a good set of cars.
    In America? Highly unlikely....would be against any GM policy and would also be against national sentiments.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well are you talking about selling Holden in America, then comparing their sales? The cars they sell here are largely imports from either Korea or Europe as well. Its only the Commodore range they actually produce, which includes the Commodore sedan, wagon, 2 door ute, cab chassis and 4 door ute; Monaro; Statesman and Caprice. To save the confusion also, utes (short for utility truck) are car based pickup trucks.
    I am the Stig

Pontiacs look the same year and the new SUV the turrent looks like a bootleg Ford Focus.

Why is it that most Pontiacs seem to be in thd same body style every current year?

Why is it that most Pontiacs seem to be in thd same body style every current year?
    Tradition? Being recognisable?

Holden should buy Pontiac and sell there lin-up with imports too America.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

If you ask me, I wasn't impressed with the new GTO, mostly because it is just a rebadged Monaro. Now, it technically is a good car, but not a GTO. The GTO will be back soon, and hopefully GM will put their heart into it to create a worthy car to carry the GTO nameplate, and not take the cheap way out like they did this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    If you ask me, I wasn't impressed with the new GTO, mostly because it is just a rebadged Monaro. Now, it technically is a good car, but not a GTO. The GTO will be back soon, and hopefully GM will put their heart into it to create a worthy car to carry the GTO nameplate, and not take the cheap way out like they did this time.
    Surely you realise manufacturers cant always take the billion dollar option when they look at new models. Perhaps the Monaro may have been a bigger success in the US had it stayed as a Monaro like it did in the UK, but if GM had tried to develop a new model they wouldve just bled more money into something that wouldnt have much to return in profit.
    I am the Stig

What doesn't make it a true successor to the GTO?

It looks bloody aggressive, it has a thumping great V8 mounted up front, it's cheap, and it's RWD. Typical ingredients of the original GTO.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    It looks bloody aggressive, it has a thumping great V8 mounted up front, it's cheap, and it's RWD. Typical ingredients of the original GTO.
    To American eyes it looks bland and like a jelly bean though, thats the problem. They expect outlandish styling to compete with the Vette, Viper and Mustang.
    I am the Stig

To American eyes it looks bland and like a jelly bean though, thats the problem. They expect outlandish styling to compete with the Vette, Viper and Mustang.
    so they want it to look like a big plastic toy?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think it was too good too be a GTO It represents everything a GTO was big engine fast times 2+2 coupe. And then added some typical monaro luxury into it and made it mean nasty fast and very comfy.
    Spot on, Even if ugly as long as it's out there
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information