Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Tiburon SE V6

Hyundai Tiburon SE V6

Leave your flames at the door please, its not my favorite car in the world either lol.

My friend's sister's boyfriend just got one of these and i was wondering if anybody has the downlow on it. I looked it up myself, but im a little out of the game and couldnt find anything useful - figured i'd ask the pros.

Was wondering: 1/4, 1/8, 0-60/100, weight, breaking if possible, ect, you know... the good stuff.

Thanks

BTW: hi.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

This is a real-world time-slip from a guy named 'Joe'. Only aftermarket bit is a K&N Filter.

1/4 Mile ET: 15.477
    1/4 Mile MPH: 89.270
    1/8 Mile ET: 9.965
    1/8 Mile MPH: 71.290
    0-60 Foot ET: 2.284
    Temperature F: 88.0
    Car Make: Hyundai
    Car Model: Tiburon
    Car Type: SE V6
    Car Year: 2005

Here's the 0-60, Top Speed, weight, etc.

MOTOR Magazine didn't mind IIRC. Not as fast as it feels, but not bad at all. I think they look pretty good.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Ah yes, the 2 links that i found before .
    I was wonding if there were any other sources for real world track times, other than Joe.. its pretty dependant on the driver. Do the factories ever release this sort of info? Or is 'Joe' my only hope

edit: thanks rock lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    MOTOR Magazine didn't mind IIRC. Not as fast as it feels, but not bad at all. I think they look pretty good.
    My friend just got a ride in it, they hit 110 on interstate-5, aperantly with some room to grow .

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    Ah yes, the 2 links that i found before .
    I was wonding if there were any other sources for real world track times, other than Joe.. its pretty dependant on the driver. Do the factories ever release this sort of info? Or is 'Joe' my only hope

edit: thanks rock lol
    Lol, can't blame me for tryin'.

Hmm, let me look a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    Leave your flames at the door please, its not my favorite car in the world either lol.

My friend's sister's boyfriend just got one of these and i was wondering if anybody has the downlow on it. I looked it up myself, but im a little out of the game and couldnt find anything useful - figured i'd ask the pros.

Was wondering: 1/4, 1/8, 0-60/100, weight, breaking if possible, ect, you know... the good stuff.

Thanks

BTW: hi.
    If that car is auto the tranny fluid on the car goes bad in a matter of about 5 months. I know because I have an auto 2000 Hyundai Elantra and I went through a tranny swap at 86k miles which is pathetic and I put in new oil in and a almost new tranny last January and now the oil is brown from red. You also need to know that all Hyundai trannys manual and auto I believe are rebuilt units and are not new and they are Mitsu trannys. The auto trannys are shit. SPIII tranny fluid is the only fluid that can used in the auto trannys and not even AMSOIL can copy it. They tried. SPIII sucks but it costs as much as AMSOIL or Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil.

Bad choice on the car by the way. With the money or about 3k more they could of bought a slightly used RWD car like a E36 M3, 350z, 240sx, a G35 sedan or coupe, IS300 which by the way is lighter than a Supra and it has it's engine capable of about 650hp with a turbo, a used Subaru WRX STi, a used Mitsu Evo.

As for the times and weight and all that. You need not worry about that info as the car is FWD and it will never be fast.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    As for the times and weight and all that. You need not worry about that info as the car is FWD and it will never be fast.
    You really are an idiot aren't you.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i wonder if Qbridge has a RWD car or FWD car...cause the signature says real cars arent FWD...

Bad choice on the car by the way. With the money or about 3k more they could of bought a slightly used RWD car like a E36 M3, 350z, 240sx, a G35 sedan or coupe, IS300 which by the way is lighter than a Supra and it has it's engine capable of about 650hp with a turbo, a used Subaru WRX STi, a used Mitsu Evo.
    LOLZ. I rather not buy cars that have been flogged to all hell and back and probably not broken in properly.

Just say no to buying used M3s, WRXs or Lancer Evos!
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    i wonder if Qbridge has a RWD car or FWD car...cause the signature says real cars arent FWD...
    I already said it's FWD but then again I'm not trying and improve on something that cant be improved on and that is FWD.

My car is like any other FWD car is and always will be a grocery getter and a daily driver. It can never be a fast car.

I do hope one day to own a RWD car but cars are kind of like women. You throw money at them and never get a return on your investment so I'm keeping my FWD car for as long as possible because cars are just bad investments with no return unless of course you put them to work like racing and get a return.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -

I already said it's FWD but then again I'm not trying and improve on something that cant be improved on and that is FWD.

My car is like any other FWD car is and always will be a grocery getter and a daily driver. It can never be a fast car.
    Civic and Integra Type R, Clio Sport, 205 GTi, Cooper S and JCW, Astra VXR or OPC, FTO, Mirage RS, Focus RS and ST, 147 GTA, 156 GTA, need I go on? As the list can

I do hope one day to own a RWD car but cars are kind of like women. You throw money at them and never get a return on your investment so I'm keeping my FWD car for as long as possible because cars are just bad investments with no return unless of course you put them to work like racing and get a return.
    You do realise the amount of sponsorship, endorsments and engineering contracts you need to make out of racing? Obviously not
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah what about the FWD mini that completely molested all the RWD cars in group-2 during 60s?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    yeah what about the FWD mini that completely molested all the RWD cars in group-2 during 60s?
    Yep, Mini's were right up there at the early Bathursts, seeing as though they didn't really need to brake over the top of the mountain. Used to go great
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Civic and Integra Type R, Clio Sport, 205 GTi, Cooper S and JCW, Astra VXR or OPC, FTO, Mirage RS, Focus RS and ST, 147 GTA, 156 GTA, need I go on? As the list can

You do realise the amount of sponsorship, endorsments and engineering contracts you need to make out of racing? Obviously not
    I wasn't talking about legal racing. Name ONE event where drivers win money. There isn't any. That's why people street race and that's what I would do if I had the RWD or AWD car for it. I don't know about you all but investing money into something and not getting a return is not fun for me.

You can name all the FWD cars you want. They will never be as fast or handle as good as a RWD or AWD car so why even bother improving FWD?
    FWD is quite possibly the dumbest ****ing idea anyone could have ever come up with.

These are the main rules for me when it comes to cars in order from best to last.
    1st. European cars 2nd. Jap 3rd. American.
    1st. RWD cars 2nd. AWD 3rd. FWD.
    Last edited by QBridge; 05-19-2006 at 11:13 PM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -

Thread Information