Thread: 1983 nissan datsun?

1983 nissan datsun?

I've been looking at this car that I fount. Its a 1983 Nissan Datsun 280ZX with a Turbo. Its got 120,000 miles on it and drives great. Its got a rip in the seat (which can be fixed), and a small tear in the side of the door (which can also be fixed).

I was wondering how much you think this car is worth? I tried kbb.com but they dont go back that far in years. The guy wants $2500 for it. This is the first year this car came out also (from what he said)

can someone say pap smear?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    can someone say pap smear?
    ??? what?

where do you live and what model is it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I live in Hendersonville, North Carolina.

Its a 1983 Nissan Datsun 280ZX with a Turbo.

get it checked by a mechanic for rust, mechanical condition etc, sounds a little expensive from what i know of US prices..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

http://www.thebiglot.com/listings/DA...X_for_sale.asp

Just from that list of ten ZXs the price ranges from 1,500 to 8K. Each used car is a unique animal, so there's no way to say if it's a good buy or not until properly inspected. 2,500 seems a very fair price for a clean car. If the body is straight and it's got original paint, it's a steal!! Unless the guy rebuilt the engine, it might need some attention, especially since it's a turbo. In the old Inline sixes the last two cylinders tend to leak first. At least, that's what a guy who had a '80 280 told me...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    http://www.thebiglot.com/listings/DA...X_for_sale.asp

Just from that list of ten ZXs the price ranges from 1,500 to 8K. Each used car is a unique animal, so there's no way to say if it's a good buy or not until properly inspected. 2,500 seems a very fair price for a clean car. If the body is straight and it's got original paint, it's a steal!! Unless the guy rebuilt the engine, it might need some attention, especially since it's a turbo. In the old Inline sixes the last two cylinders tend to leak first. At least, that's what a guy who had a '80 280 told me...
    IF you have some automotive knowledge Challenge the guy, to put it on the bridge in a garage.You'll will easily see the condition of the car and might be able to talk something of the price. If he refuses, run away and never return. That's atleast what my dad does with every car he buys Even our only 3 years old C5

go for it

i bought one second hand in 1990 and still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    IF you have some automotive knowledge Challenge the guy, to put it on the bridge in a garage.You'll will easily see the condition of the car and might be able to talk something of the price. If he refuses, run away and never return. That's atleast what my dad does with every car he buys Even our only 3 years old C5
    Absolutely, knowledge is power. You should read up on a model if you aren't that familiar. 'cause it's hard to negotiate with, "I really like the way this old Nissan looks."

Again, this particular car is cheap for a straight car. Unless, you want to squeeze the last buck out of the guy, can't really go wrong with it. Any performance car is going to have more wear-n-tear but it's also likely that it was looked after better. That is the key; finding a well maintained car. It's like finding treasure...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information