Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear may be banned

Top Gear may be banned

from msn.co.uk .... Tom Evans, last updated May 23 2006

The racetrack made famous by its use in the BBC motoring show has been served with a noise abatement programme that threatens the current series of the show..

The new series of the show, currently broadcast at 8pm on Sunday evenings on BBC2, is currently being filmed without planning permission for all the noise it causes. The track, at Dunsfold Park, near Guildford in Surrey, is an old Second World War airbase, and has become the focus of a fierce row locally, with residents of the nearby Dunsfold village enraged by the noisy antics of Jeremy Clarkson and his star test driver, "The Stig".

The programme’s last planning permission expired on April 30th and the local Waverly Council has served a noise abatement order. "Top Gear" is not the only user of the track, which is also used to host track days and similar events. The airfield also contains a giant "dummy" jet airliner that can be used for fire evacuation training. The local council is investigating reports that the owners of the site regularly allows events that are in breach of planning regulations.

( Classic ... outside of the UK may not realise that the BBC were also found out not to have renewed their license to stage live music and last week had been filling "audineces" with BBC employees untl they coudl get a new license )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

God damn these hippies...

^^^ i hate all these limits etc, and it used to be an airfield the planners knew they were building houses next to a plot of land that would have high noise levels.

And a people next door doing the lawn would create more noise to the residence close by.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    anyone say publicity stunt..the town just wants to make a bit of news..they don't have the power to stop top gear..they're would be rioting and the rest of the UK would burn the town down..leaving of course the airport
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    anyone say publicity stunt..the town just wants to make a bit of news..they don't have the power to stop top gear..they're would be rioting and the rest of the UK would burn the town down..leaving of course the airport
    Don't underestimate the power of the bowler-hatted anal retentive council employee
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If enviro-whiner can do this to Monza, they can do this to some old-airfield test track......
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

stupid ppl
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

whaaat

maybe the locals need watch the show and understand. If that were me i'd be excited at the prospect of having the best cars in the world driving in my back garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    maybe the locals need watch the show and understand. If that were me i'd be excited at the prospect of having the best cars in the world driving in my back garden.
    yeah ... but what if the program was "Farmers Weekly" and the place smelled like a farmyard and you had cowshit all over the driveway and duck shit over the car ??

I hate people, seriously. Is there even anything in this world that some stupid shit disturbing group of activists or protesters won't complain about? Why can't people get jobs, get a life, and contribute something useful to this world instead of their inane banter.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

buddy if the stig was friggin whippin it around while im tryna sleep i'd be ****ing pissed...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Guest Guest
    a. always done during the day
    b. THAT'S what the plane is for!

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    buddy if the stig was friggin whippin it around while im tryna sleep i'd be ****ing pissed...
    Well you probably shouldn't be sleeping in the middle of the day then you lazy sod!

Seriously though, 99% of the cars TG drive round there are road cars (albeit some pretty sporty ones), so I can't imagine them causing that much noise. People just love a good bitch and a moan in the rural counties as far as I can tell.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

How noisy could a couple cars every few weeks get? They definately aren't as noisy as planes.

Thread Information