Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas price cap for SUV buyers :(

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Let's drop the whole thing alltogether.
    Let the SUVs drop together with it
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    hardly...since when were people in the developed world constrained but what they NEEDED, people have enough resources to get what they WANT. i mean look at your display picture, do you really NEED that bike? no... you WANT IT? i dont understand why you couldn't use a vespa. sure that bike in ur avatar has more speed, but how much speed does one really need for daily commuting? see how out of place that sounded? think before you write
    The topic is gas prices though, and the fastest superbikes are still going to give you civic mileage. We may have enough resources for now, but they aren't going to last us forever, which is why urban gas-guzzling SUV buyers piss most people off.

Worldwide SUV sales will probably continue to "be strong" because many people who will buy SUV's during the next 10 years can afford to buy large amounts of expensive petrol/gas for their SUV. My Dad's friend owns a Porsche Cayenne Turbo but he can afford to pay the expensive fuel bill because he is a wealthy/rich person. Generally, poor people and average income earners cannot afford to buy a new SUV. Also, A significant percentage of people who will buy a car during the next 10 years will buy an SUV because... simply, many people love SUV's.
    Last edited by john14; 05-26-2006 at 01:12 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information