Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The official FIFA WorldCup 2006 thread!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Your Tipping Australia? Im very happy people have faith I might actually pay attention to soccer....now just as an honest queastion my only experiance with soccer is playing in school now how do people in here rate australia/australias chances....if this was rugby or something id have a clue but i dont so any advice info would be great
    I'm with you Aussies too (along with Iran, Deutchland and Italy - SUPPORTING, I don't expect any to win )

To win maybe Brazil, or England, or even Germany. Not supporting any though.

You people are good but bascially inexperienced. Maybe at the maximum reach just before the quarter finals, little chance beyond that.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 06-08-2006 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Your Tipping Australia? Im very happy people have faith I might actually pay attention to soccer....now just as an honest queastion my only experiance with soccer is playing in school now how do people in here rate australia/australias chances....if this was rugby or something id have a clue but i dont so any advice info would be great
    Australia aren't a bad side, but their chances of actually winning are slim to none. In their preliminary group they have Brazil who will obviously win the group, but it's a tough call between yourselves, Croatia and Japan as to who will get the other place in the 2nd round. I think you should be able to beat Japan, but Croatia will be an extremely close game on which I think everything will rest.

Aus have a few excellent individuals, especially going forward with the likes of Kewell, Viduka and Tim Cahill. You also have a very good goalkeeper in Mark Schwarzer. However it's the defence that'll be the big worry I think. Not enough world class ability or experience I don't think for the Aussie defenders, that's where you may be found wanting.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

My picks: Brazil, Argentina, England, and France. Sure, they're probably the favorites, but I'm not expecting any shockers like Greece in the Eurocup. Poland's team may get to the quarters I think Matek, but they don't have the skill to beat some of these international powerhouses. Would really like to see them go far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    France.
    Someone had to

NewsFlash:

This is what the bookmakers say(not all teams included):

1. Brazil (3,60)
    2. England (7,50)
    3. Germany (9,00)
    Argentina (9,00)
    5. Italy (11,00)
    6. France (12,00)
    7. the Netherlands (15,00)
    Spain (15,00)
    9. Portugal (21,00)
    10. Czech Rep. (29,00)
    \/
    32. Trinidad & Tobago (1501,00)

Explanation: If you bet on Brazil and they become World Champion, you get 3,6 times the value of your bet.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Well I already knew Viduka was a good player my grandfather (a large Austrian with a typical booming voice and a thick accent that compliments it....then add beer.....) raved to me for near 1/2 and hour about viduka being better then beckham...dont know if its true or not but i wasnt going to argue about "that strange round ball game" to someone who followed it.

But past that these insights are helpful and i thank you all for it if i trusted the radio where apprently going to win Butthat said our inclusion into the world cup has sparked something in this country the radio and SBS are buzzing with soccer and even pelople who usually scoff at the sport are paying attention now its pretty amazing stuff.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Brazil will probably (more than likely) win the World Cup. I hope countries that are... historically, notorious underachievers or disappointing performers at the World Cup such as Spain, Portugal and Holland/The Netherlands. I hope these teams play well and perform in the World Cup in Germany.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    NewsFlash:

This is what the bookmakers say(not all teams included):

1. Brazil (3,60)
    2. England (7,50)
    3. Germany (9,00)
    Argentina (9,00)
    5. Italy (11,00)
    6. France (12,00)
    7. the Netherlands (15,00)
    Spain (15,00)
    9. Portugal (21,00)
    10. Czech Rep. (29,00)
    \/
    32. Trinidad & Tobago (1501,00)

Explanation: If you bet on Brazil and they become World Champion, you get 3,6 times the value of your bet.
    Why T&T at the bottom
    - Co sig -

:.!NEWS!.:

- Some high-up officials in the EU are trying to enforce a ban on the Iranian president's travel to Germany to see his team play, and are addressing FIFA directly.

- Brazil coach has to prove that Edmilson's injury was real.

And some Viduka vids for you folks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We can definately beat Japan and Croatia, but Brazil, that's pushing it. And to the Dutch team, stop being such little girls. Tackling too hard, boo freakin' hoo.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Germany will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Germany will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    they do have a fair chance against Costa Rica, yes.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    they do have a fair chance against Costa Rica, yes.
    Maybe...
    Gosh, all hell has broken loose here, the atmosphere's great. It's crazy. The last granny and the youngest kid are suffer from World Cup fever. The cars and houses are decorated with flags, many nations live in this area and the streets are colorful. I'm only 10 km away from Gelsenkirchen where Poland plays in a few hours.
    "Shields up! Rrrrred alert!"
    http://nerys.has-no-homepage.net/

OMG!! lmfao 1 - 1 and that, from my view, was not offside, good on ya' Costa Rica.

EDIT: Germany just scored again, this is going be a killing..
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Nerys
    Maybe...
    Gosh, all hell has broken loose here, the atmosphere's great. It's crazy. The last granny and the youngest kid are suffer from World Cup fever. The cars and houses are decorated with flags, many nations live in this area and the streets are colorful. I'm only 10 km away from Gelsenkirchen where Poland plays in a few hours.
    good to see people still on line when this madness goes on....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information