Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT4 car question....

GT4 car question....

ok I need a car to run the endurance races and the GT World Championship. I tried using the CLK-GTR(which actually is a CLK-LM) that you win from the DTM cup and for the life of me I can't get the thing to handle and it gets its arse kicked bad. So I am now needing to answer the 4.5 million dollar question(in game) to get a "real" prototype. I don't want to buy R8 or the Bentley because I am planning to actually do the 24 hours race with my buddies to win those cars. So other than those what will be a good choice for the car that you'd buy for the purpose? I am mainly interested in GT-One, Pescarola Courage Judd, or the Peugeot 905. In real world it'd be a no brainer to get the 905, as 3.5 Liter Group C car were almost F1 level speed back then. But how is it in game?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I won the Nissan R89 and the Toyota Minolta.. '88 thing and was using them for a while, but I can't remember if I did those races with one of them. I was only borrowing it from a mate while he was away...

The old 80s/early 90s Group C cars are potentially a LOT faster than anything bar the F1 car. They may be a little trickier to drive than the more modern prototypes, but for ballistic speed they can't be beat IMO. I've always found the 2 fastest are the Minolta Toyota and the Sauber C9, but my fave handling (and best looking!) prototype is the Jaguar XJR9. Any one of these 3 or the 2 Nissans will do the job more than comfortably.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

on this topic, how can you buy different tires for the f1 car so that it is useable in long races, or is it not worth it?
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

i think you shoul try Pescarola Courage Judd its fast enough..

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    ok I need a car to run the endurance races and the GT World Championship. I tried using the CLK-GTR(which actually is a CLK-LM) that you win from the DTM cup and for the life of me I can't get the thing to handle and it gets its arse kicked bad. So I am now needing to answer the 4.5 million dollar question(in game) to get a "real" prototype. I don't want to buy R8 or the Bentley because I am planning to actually do the 24 hours race with my buddies to win those cars. So other than those what will be a good choice for the car that you'd buy for the purpose? I am mainly interested in GT-One, Pescarola Courage Judd, or the Peugeot 905. In real world it'd be a no brainer to get the 905, as 3.5 Liter Group C car were almost F1 level speed back then. But how is it in game?
    jsut use the R8 and give it a bigger turbo and soft or medium racing wheels, nitro and since the car has over 1000hp put the gear ratios to a higher seeting so u can u that power in its top gear.

Whats the fastest speed youve done on the test course. I pulled 449.9 with the CLK GTR and the older logitech racing wheel but the wheel shook like a bitch.

I've done a 475 (aprox) with the tommy kairra.

shite thats fukin fast. i got the escudo and did 520kmh

In GT4 I had a lotus esprit up to 303mph, in GT3 however I got the Escudo up to 1082kph.

how?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrariguy
    how?????????
    You have an official question asking thread, please direct all the future concerns to here.

I used the Pescarolo C60 Judd to win the 24 Hours at La Sarthe 1

If you buy it, DO NOT put a stage 4 turbo kit in it, because it'll eat tyres. Just change the oil as soon as you get it.

The 905 is good on top speed, but in tight areas it is slow, due to the time it takes to shift...
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 06-18-2006 at 02:52 PM.

I noticed that for GT4, a lot of powerful naturally asirpated car has slow-arse shift....really bugs me a lot....

I am saving for a Pesca, though I may just go with the Toyota 88C-V for the La Sarthe II....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    I noticed that for GT4, a lot of powerful naturally asirpated car has slow-arse shift....really bugs me a lot....

I am saving for a Pesca, though I may just go with the Toyota 88C-V for the La Sarthe II....
    The Nissan R92CP is good for Sarthe II also...

Thread Information