Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX STi. What of it?

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    High Street.... Oh, hell, just noticed that you're British. Good for you. Great country. Damn shame about Dze Germans taking over Rolls-Royce and Bentley, though I suppose that being bought out beats going under.

I have actually thought about moving to England. EVO and Octane make it seem like such a nice place, though Dickens clashes a bit. Also, everybody hates Americans right now. I went to Germany a couple years ago to visit an Exchange-student friend who had moved back. I spent most of my time debating the finer points of America's foreign policy with a bunch of drunken Ex-German Army kids. Luckily, I know ****-all about the finer points of American foreign policy and could usually manage to placate them enough to get back to trying to have a good time.

Also, I hear about anti-car lobbying and legislation being passed every day limiting the freedom of English drivers. We have some crazy redneck cops over here who HATE the whole Ricer scene, which I'm apparently a part of, but we don't have speed cameras, yet.
    No shit

Your dry humour would fit right in. America isn't flavour of the month with us, and our stuff is vastly overpriced. Go to Australia, if you're going anywhere... (that's not a ****-off, that's a piece of advice...)

Cars are still a huge status symbol for many, we're pissed off with petrol prices. The love affair with the car will not stop here. As long as the money rolls in, we continue to but into fast cars and luxurious autos.

Speed cameras are the scourge of the Earth.

Dry humor sure as **** doesn't fit in here. I've considered Australia too. Mostly, I'm happy with America, but sometimes I get the feeling that it's all sort of like "The Decline and Fall" all over again. I'd like to be able to jump ship with the rest of the rats if I knew the vessel was going down... But other times I convince myself that I'm just paranoid.

Anyway, company's come over and I've got to talk to people in my presence.

Good to meet a sensible person on these stupid forums. I'll keep an eye out for you, Audi-Man.

Cheers.

Good to meet a sensible person on these stupid forums.
    Whoa! Hell of a way to make friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    Whoa! Hell of a way to make friends!
    Just because I'm special

I think he was mainly speaking of a couple of slightly less... observant... members.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Just because I'm special

I think he was mainly speaking of a couple of slightly less... observant... members.
    Doesn't matter how he meant it really. I got no problems what he thinks of this forum, I quite like it.

I actually just tried my hand at the whole 'dry humour' thing, guess I'm not as good as the Brits!

Very... diplomatic...

How does 94p a litre sound to you gentlemen? I think that works out at just under £4 a gallon.

Fortunately, cars are in the process of being able to be light again, whilst still looking good and being safe in a prang: I'll always take solice from the fact that someone somewhere will always be making a light as a bastard sports car with a pretty small motor that will be fun to drive.

I spanked a Caterham 7 (180bhp) for over 300 miles over the course of a weekend and returned 30+mpg.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Very... diplomatic...

How does 94p a litre sound to you gentlemen? I think that works out at just under £4 a gallon.

Fortunately, cars are in the process of being able to be light again, whilst still looking good and being safe in a prang: I'll always take solice from the fact that someone somewhere will always be making a light as a bastard sports car with a pretty small motor that will be fun to drive.

I spanked a Caterham 7 (180bhp) for over 300 miles over the course of a weekend and returned 30+mpg.
    Well, I am a PR agent

I hate the petrol prices here. They suck.

The German cars keep getting heavier and that's what gets driven the most here. The BMW 3-Series has outstripped the Mondeo for demand...

I love the fact that in a VX220 you can get 44mpg- Autocar managed that back in 2001. And the Lotus Elise is brilliant for fuel economy, TGMagazine managed 56mpg in a 111S!

Go light cars with less technology.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Any word on whether the EVO's vortex generators actually work? Not that it really matters, they look cool enough to stay.
    It supposedly creates a kilogram of downforce.

EDIT: The problem is I'm not sure how much the generators actually weigh, therefore there is not much so say how much it helps. Those things would have to be strapped pretty tight to escape the 0-60 3.5 km/h mark, and the enormous sideways some people are quite fond of.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 06-14-2006 at 01:30 PM.

Well, I am a PR agent

I hate the petrol prices here. They suck.

The German cars keep getting heavier and that's what gets driven the most here. The BMW 3-Series has outstripped the Mondeo for demand...

I love the fact that in a VX220 you can get 44mpg- Autocar managed that back in 2001. And the Lotus Elise is brilliant for fuel economy, TGMagazine managed 56mpg in a 111S!

Go light cars with less technology.
    I actually think that the future of sportscars (and to a degree supercars) lies in cars like the Lotus Elise or the Vuaxhall VX220. With petrol prices skyrocketing it's not like people will be able to afford a gas guzzler. What's more the alternative fuel engines are nowhere near as powerful as petrol engines have got, so to have fast sensations in the future I suppose that manufacturers will have to go down the weight route, at least at first. and posh cars might be heavy but they are actually shedding weight as well, slowly I admit, but they are. Look at the big Jags (XJ and XK) and the new Audi TT, they are good examples of what can be done with modern materials and clever technology.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I actually think that the future of sportscars (and to a degree supercars) lies in cars like the Lotus Elise or the Vuaxhall VX220. With petrol prices skyrocketing it's not like people will be able to afford a gas guzzler.
    there was this nice yellow VW concept recently....diesel powered...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    You really want me to comment on it?...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Diesel here is even more expensive than petrol!

However, some concepts are appealing- VW's new twin-charged 1.4 engine is a brilliant idea, and Fiat's Multijet technology on a 1.4 released 150 bhp n/a recently

Alfa are working on some Uniair concept... but I can't remember many details.

However, some concepts are appealing- VW's new twin-charged 1.4 engine is a brilliant idea...
    Brilliant, even if 20 years old...
    Visca Catalunya!

The Evolution FQ-400 and the Ralliart are great but are they even offered in the US? I've never seen a Ralliart around here and the FQ I think is only offered in England.

No Evos are availible in Canada...so basically theres no mitsus you'd wanna buy here.

Thread Information