Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The American Way...

The American Way...

Nothing is just an accident. Everybody must be sued.

Link

Yikes.

Keaton had told several people that he had been having handling problems with the Carrera GT. Apparently, it was tail-happy. He decided to take it to the Ferrari Owners Club track day and see if he could work things out

Of course you should drive a car flat out in those circumstances rather then takeing it to a mechanic

• Ferrari Owners Club and the flagman - Negligently operating the track day by sending the Ferrari onto the track at the wrong time, violating their own rules by allowing passengers in the cars, failing to disclose Keaton's dangerous driving propensities, and allowing the track day to occur without moving the concrete barriers back to where they belonged.

It was an accident....horrific and tragic but still an accident

This is just sheer madness i perosnally think no one has a proper leg to stand on here....except mayby the guys family who was taken on a test drive in a dmanged car.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Sigh.... ruining a society the easy way....

It's really sad when no one wants to take responsibility because it can always be someone elses fault.

Maybe the barrier should have been moved back but I think that's just an excuse to sue.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

All we have to do now is wait till some clever lawyer will sue God for having created a far too dangerous place for us to live. I bet it is a won case
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He can use the lyrics from Bette Midler's 'from a distance' in his closing argument. It should sway an emotional jury ...

EDIT: That song always sounded like an indictment to me.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 06-09-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    • Porsche - Product liability for selling an unsafe car. This falls into three levels of defect.
    1. There was some mechanical problem with this particular car that made it handle badly.
    2. There are design defects with the Carrera GT that make it a poor-handling car, mainly tail-happy.
    3. Third: The Carrera GT is too difficult a car to handle at high speeds for the average driver without instruction.
    Shouldn't the driver contact Porsche when he suspected the problem? The CGT is amongst the safest cars in its class. They just have to blame everybody that they can think of, hopefully they don't blame me for living in the same planet.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Shouldn't the driver contact Porsche when he suspected the problem? The CGT is amongst the safest cars in its class. They just have to blame everybody that they can think of, hopefully they don't blame me for living in the same planet.
    It isn't a particularly safe car it isn't designed to be. Any car with 600 hp and an open top and mid-engined chassis and.... The point is, a lot of people treat exotic sports cars like a "I've arrived'-'I've made it" trophy. It isn't a toy, it is very powerful and potentially dangerous.

A lot of people get overly confident in their driving ability driving their traction-slip-yaw-controlled cars. So, when they are without those nanny's, they get in trouble. Lucky he didn't kill any bystanders, otherwise their families would be suing him...

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    . It isn't a toy, it is very powerful and potentially dangerous.
    Anything with a motor and 4 wheels should be treated with this repect imo
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

How about Porsche sue the estate of the driver for making the Carrera GT look bad as he wasn't up to driving it at the speed he did?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    How about Porsche sue the estate of the driver for making the Carrera GT look bad as he wasn't up to driving it at the speed he did?
    Now that would be ownage

This is just another case of removing personla responsibility. He should never have taken that car to the track. Any claim against Porsche is idiotic. Yes, the car may have been defective, but why would you then take it to a track day? In the hope that the problem would work itself out? That's pure genius. Could it be that the handling was fine and the guy just couldn't handle it?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

there were tons of these same law suits when the original turbo came out too.

can't anyone just die and a lawsuit not come out of it?

interesting how it was pointed out that passengers were not allowed, however it was not Rudl's responsibility to say no, car rape?

pathetic, there's a defense, that Rudl knowingly broke track rules and it resulted in death.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    a very successful San Diego-area personal injury attorney who made a name for himself in the '80s when he represented a plaintiff who successfully sued Porsche on the theory that their 911 Turbo was too difficult a car to handle to be sold to inexperienced drivers.
    You have to be kidding me.....

Thread Information