Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First LP640 Crash

oh my days, just ventured across this thread.... wow

awesome cars dude

its a real version of all those "which 5 cars would you buy...." threads!!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Speed is only dangerous if the person in control of it, isn't. A gun can't fire of its own accord, a car can't crash when there's no one driving it. Sticking with that analagy, just because a sniper can hit a one penny piece from a mile away, that doesn't mean Gangstah with his '9' could hit the ground he was standing on. Even if they were using the same $50,000 rifle.
    Nope. Just imagine the ubiquitous little old lady plodding along on her way back from church at fifteen miles per hour. Now imagine she's just over a blind crest.
    Shit! Look At That!, you say and hit the brakes. Now what if old man Simmons is coming the other way in his turnip-hauling truck. And the Gurney quintuplets are sunbathing in the breakdown lane...

Nope, sometimes the speed limit is too fast to avoid the most ****ed-up traffic situations.

A more apt example: what if you're passing somebody, as I was last weekend, and just as you pull into the overtaking lane, somebody (probably not even a ****ing idiot) pulls out of their driveway in the opposite direction. They looked against the flow of traffic, which is about all you can hope for, but they didn't look for cars coming the other way...

I was lucky to have Brembos, but still, if I'd really hammered it instead of, for whatever reason, intended to use the long straight to cruise past the slower car, there'd have been a good front-page picture for some hick newspaper...

My sleeping girlfriend hit the dashboard. She would have been happier to have been killed instantly, judging by the ass-chewing I got for the next three days.

Speed is indeed dangerous in its own right.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 07-01-2006 at 01:18 AM.

Thread Information