Thread: Off Topic...

Off Topic...

I know its not really a car thing but did anyone catch the Motogp race today? How bad was that accident, most spectacular one ive seen in a few years...

Does anyone know how Capirossi and Melandri are doing? Ive heard spinal issues for Melandri and internal bleeding for Capirossi but as always out here in oz its a bit hard to get up to date info...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Daz, that's about all that's been said. Reports on Melandri's neck injuries range from injuries to just a sore neck, so I'm not sure about that. Capriossi apparently has abdominal bleeding but he was up and walking before they flew him to the hospital.

Gibernau's ambulance crashed en route to the hospital, just a small accident but it really rubs salt in the wounds.

Yeah...I saw it...and it was pretty bad...not the descrution...just because of th epercentage of the field it managed to take with it..

I actually missed the incident but caught most of the race after the restart. It was just such a bizarre race, some of the most experienced and talented riders on the planet just dropping it all over the place. The commentators on British TV were saying that they can't ever remember seeing a race with so many people in the kitty litter with no contact or anything. Less than a dozen riders making it to the chequered flag in a 24 lap race. Crazy.

With regards injuries, so far all I've heard is broken collarbones for both Gibernau and Melandri with the latter with possible neck injuries. Capirossi has an 'abdominal contusion' apparently, whatever that might mean.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 06-18-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

is there a torrent or something?

or link wana see it missed got home too late.......
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    is there a torrent or something?

or link wana see it missed got home too late.......
    You mean the whole race or just the incident? There's a slim chance you might be able to find the whole race on a torrent somewhere, or if you just wanna see the crash it's on the ever reliable YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIG0t...arch=moto%20gp
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

An abdominal contusion is basically saying theres a wound in there leading to haemoraging I believe. I had a severe contusion of the upper lobe of the left kidney when I got squashed under my kawasaki 4 wheeler just after new yrs so I'm sorry to say I know what Capi is going through...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information