Thread: Kit Review - Revell MY06 Mustang GT

Kit Review - Revell MY06 Mustang GT

When my hobby store got one of these(with the addition of the other new Revell and AMT kits), I felt weird about it. I planned to get Revell's Corvette kit instead, but after seeing a mustang was in The Fast and the Furious Toyko Drift, i was tempted to build one. Rather than a 1967 Mustang, i thought i would check out the MY06 version after seeing Esperante's build. Anyway, enough talk, lets open the box.

Opening the box revealed a series of parts trees. I was kinda disappointed that this kit wasn't molded in all white plastic. Even though it was the trees were molded in black, gray, white, and chrome plus clear parts, I was amazed with the quality of the molds. The body was free of any flash, so I could skip the trouble of having to clean up mold lines. The decal sheet was very nice, they include 5 different faces for the gauges since the real MY06 mustang has the MYcolor gauges, which allows the driver to choose from 125 different colours . There are also three different license plates and a few extras, such as a dealer logo, 2 different coloured pinstripes, and they include a pony logo for the steering wheel, although it is not used in the example built listed on the box nor did Esperante use it on his mustang . A further examination reveal they include nice turned-metal exausts and metal wheel pins so the wheels can roll. Although this is a brilliant kit, there are still errors. Although it isn't really a serious error, for the part in the instructions about mounting the wheels, they say to glue in one of the three wheels, but say to leave the other three unglued. DON'T glue in the rims Overall, however, I highly recommend this kit.

Pics:

1 - the decal sheet

2 - the body

3 - the chassis

4 - the parts

special thanks to perfadv for explaning how to resize images . I can now post my progress
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carsnut; 06-26-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut

apologize for some missing pics, they were taken with a Canon Powershot SD200 and the file size exceeds the 1 mb limit for attachments
    Easy fix. Open the pic in MS Paint, CRTL+W allows you to resize. Just change the height and width by the same amount. Even dropping to 80% for each will greatly reduce the file size.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    apologize for some missing pics, they were taken with a Canon Powershot SD200 and the file size exceeds the 1 mb limit for attachments
    You should be able to drop the res of the pics on the camera, then they will be lower than 1mb.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

On your instruction sheet, did it skip an entire section on the second page? It wasn't missing print, but it had instructions for installing the dashboard on some completely different car.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

nah man, mine shows a mustang for the instructions. the only flaw i found was that it says to glue one wheel in but leave the rest unglued
    I am the Stig

also, some of the pieces are numbered wrong

Thread Information