Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys hate 1/4 racing and nascar

What do you guys hate 1/4 racing and nascar

It seems like everyone here hates 1/4 racing like its not racing at all. The fastest cars in the world are raced here 0-320 in less then 5 seconds come on. Nascar also makes more money then F1 does and actually supports and cares about there fans.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Nascar is boring, they just go around a circle about 100 times.

I don't hate 1/4 mile racing, I actually enjoy when some cars break new records. It also defines which car has a better accel.

What really does piss me off is when people claim that driving a 9s car on a strip is HARD. How about driving an F1 car? They run about high 8s in the 1/4 plus you gotta keep all that power in control when making the turns.

Straight-line racing doesn't take a lot of skills. Knowing how to launch and shift is all you need.

It's an oval, and it's tougher than it looks.

Drag cars ARE HARD. Hell, I've heard Formula 1 cars can practically be driven easily. Look at Gordon. He jumped in one, and started setting times near the actual driver!
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Nascar is boring, they just go around a circle about 100 times.

I don't hate 1/4 mile racing, I actually enjoy when some cars break new records. It also defines which car has a better accel.

What really does piss me off is when people claim that driving a 9s car on a strip is HARD. How about driving an F1 car? They run about high 8s in the 1/4 plus you gotta keep all that power in control when making the turns.

Straight-line racing doesn't take a lot of skills. Knowing how to launch and shift is all you need.
    Top Fuel dragsters have a clutch you have to slip when you launch it if not then wam your gone. Also reaction times its commonly a 100 hundreth of a second .050. Driving a 9 second car on the strip is hard exspecially if its a stick thats why you need a NHRA licenses to drive it. But nascar drivers are exposed to 4g's at a consistent rate at an oval for hours on end. I love both types of racing exspecially oval racing on dirt theres nothing like going around a turn at 100mph sideways its fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    It seems like everyone here hates 1/4 racing like its not racing at all. The fastest cars in the world are raced here 0-320 in less then 5 seconds
    Impressive, I'll grant you, and fairly exciting.

5 seconds though, not really value for money in terms of racing per $ spent.

Also, circuit racing is pretty much drag racing anyway, it's just that you get corners in between the drag strips or "straights" as they are often called, which are quite interesting too, and you get several drag races per lap, and you get many tens of laps.

Nascar also makes more money then F1 does and actually supports and cares about there fans.
    What a load of balls.

Nascar attracts a few million Americans, F1 has a global audiance of billions.

Nascar gets sponsored by "Jeff's BBQ sauce" F1 gets sponsored by some of the largest companies in the world.

How exactly does Nascar make more money?

How exactly did you work out that F1 "doesn't car for their fans?", and how do you draw a comparison to Nascar on the subject?

Does Nascar care 31% more than F1 or something?
    Thanks for all the fish

Audience really has nothing to do with the money. It's all depending on sponsors and who attends, and right now, those speedways packing $300-$1,200 tickets and being able to hold 200,000 seems pretty good right now.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

For me it's just reciprocative "hate". Although I don't hate any type of racing it's the us-them mentality of the NASCAR crowd that causes the polarity. Also, all the excuses why don't more people accept NASCAR... It's marketed hard to some and they've grown up with it. Like soccer, you can't just start lovin' it overnight...

Quartermile, anyone can run a 1/4 mile race. Still, it's kind of fun to watch but all it proves is who spent more money...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Impressive, I'll grant you, and fairly exciting.

5 seconds though, not really value for money in terms of racing per $ spent.

Also, circuit racing is pretty much drag racing anyway, it's just that you get corners in between the drag strips or "straights" as they are often called, which are quite interesting too, and you get several drag races per lap, and you get many tens of laps.
    Give me a break how much does Ferrari spend on there F1 team and your trying to say NHRA teams dont have a value for money thats funny. Billion any one?

What a load of balls.

Nascar attracts a few million Americans, F1 has a global audiance of billions.
    Not to mention a couple 100k over seas.

Nascar gets sponsored by "Jeff's BBQ sauce" F1 gets sponsored by some of the largest companies in the world.
    Wow your pretty absent minded arent you. What is F1 sponsored by exactly thats such a big companie?

How exactly does Nascar make more money?
    Nascar sells billions of dollars worth of merchandise alone some Nascar teams alone are also selling close to a billion what F1 team is doing that?

How exactly did you work out that F1 "doesn't car for their fans?", and how do you draw a comparison to Nascar on the subject?

Does Nascar care 31% more than F1 or something?
    All the guys on Fchat say Nascar attracts more fans. Why dont they care more about there fans they have all sorts of goodies where you can listen to th teams and such speak does F1 have that?

Also when hasnt a Nascar event been a success? F1 had its fair share of no show events last year and over night it became that laughing stock of auto racing at Indy. How many cars finished the race agian?
    Last edited by rev440; 06-28-2006 at 08:25 AM.

nascar- boring, i can only watch a few laps and read the results online
    F1- i watched the whole Monaco race without changing channels because it was pretty exciting
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Wow your pretty absent minded arent you. What is F1 sponsored by exactly thats such a big companie?

Nascar sells billions of dollars worth of merchandise alone some Nascar teams alone are also selling close to a billion what F1 team is doing that?
    So?

Big Tire companys if i belive...but i dont watch F1

For some bloody reason i have a $40 BAR Honda hat that i never wear i my room

That's Monaco. City races of any kind are exciting to watch because the courses have small roads that lead for some interesting passes.

rev, last I heard in the US, it was Ferrari selling F1 products with BMW behind it.

Please redirect me to a store Coventry or a Honda/Toyota/Mercedes dealer selling Formula 1 stuff in the US.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Oh and also guys just to stop the warfare beten the too sports.... They're both boring!!!! Nascar goes in ovals and in f1 ALL the bloody cars are the same! So mabye F1 is the lesser evil of boringness but still!

All the cars in nascar are the same too.

I am a fan of both. I like amatuer drag racing more than professional because of the broad range of cars used.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Give me a break how much does Ferrari spend on there F1 team and your trying to say NHRA teams dont have a value for money thats funny. Billion any one?
    He's talking for the audience - duh

Right - just another 999,800,000 to go until the audience is larger than F1

IBM, Orange, Vodaphone, Shell to name a few. Soon Microsoft will be sponsoring too. More than a bit better than being sponsored by Arnies Armouries.

Every F1 team. And I can bet that the sales from F1 merchandise sums up to much more than Nascar, seeing as F1 has the one of the highest amounts of merchandise sales for any sport in the world.

All the guys on Fchat say Nascar attracts more fans. Why dont they care more about there fans they have all sorts of goodies where you can listen to th teams and such speak does F1 have that?
    Yes, yes it does. Every motorsport has that. Now maybe you should open your mind. Infact Bernie Ecclestone asked fans to write in to help decide the current rules of grand prix.

Also when hasnt a Nascar event been a success? F1 had its fair share of no show events last year and over night it became that laughing stock of auto racing at Indy. How many cars finished the race agian?
    I think you'll find it was largely the circuits fault because they didn't give time for the tarmac to set. Why did they have to resurface it? Because of NASCAR. It just goes to show, NASCAR circuits don't look after their visitors and teams alike

Needless to say, you have been served.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not a huge fan of F1, I'm more of a GT fan. I'm merely standing up for F1 because you did not back your points up and held a very closed minded view. Generally your whole argument was invalid. Oh - and this will make interesting reading ... http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...55eb1f&k=51065
    Last edited by :Exige:; 06-28-2006 at 08:44 AM.

The F1 cars are bascially all the same too, right?

Dodge, Chevrolet, Ford, and soon Toyota don't exactly have the money nor need to develop 43 different unique cars. They offer a car, and what is done with it is up to the teams.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information