Page 44 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: "What's this car?" Official Thread

The first one is sort of replica of the first 365GT4BB raced by NART, (decals missing though), while the second is a rendering of the Dino Speciale, a one-off produced by Pininfarina. The real car is yellow.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by juanelo242 View Post
    What cars are these?, all i know is that the blue one is a pontiac (size 303x233), the yellow is russian (400x237) and some datsun (1365x795)
    I would put money on the first one of those either being the Volkswagen Futura concept or a Ghia Zig/Zag.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

What cars are these?, all i know is that the blue one is a pontiac (size 303x233), the yellow is russian (400x237) and some datsun (1365x795)
    3rd one is a Datsun Cherry F11 (from that angle they look quite similar to early Subaru)

another one from my friend in NZ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " You may be a Ferrari owner but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari driver" Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So does it actually fly or is it just posing as a plane?
    I had mistakenly thought this was a 'name that car' contest type of thread, so it was inappropriate of me to post something I already knew what it was.

Rather than tell you all I know, let me recommend you just Google on "Bugatti Model 100 Racer" and you'll find lots of history on it. Very briefly, it was designed by Louis DeMonge and built by Bugatti under a French gov't contract to win an aircraft racing trophy back from Germany, but the Germans invaded and overran Bugatti's factories just as the plane was completed. It was absolutely intended to fly, but never got the chance. A Bugatti 'restorer' named Ray Jones unearthed it around 1970 but removed the two Type-50B magnesium racing engines and sold the airframe. Long story short, it ended up at the EAA museum in Oshkosh where it was restored for display only. It's beautiful and has a lot of innovative features. It's a shame they never got tested in flight. Some say it would hold the propellor driven speed record to this day; others say it would have had serious wing fluttter problems and torn itself apart at higher speeds.
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

I dont know where to ask for this, so i post here.
    I can't identify this tractor, any expert?

I dont know where to ask for this, so i post here.
    I can't identify this tractor, any expert?
    All I can suggest is those distinctive headlights remind me of International Harvester as do vaguely some other certain aspects - but I'm definately no tractor expert!

Can anyone help me with this highway honey? Last seen heading north and at quite a respectable clip

Can anyone help me here? I feel that I should know this.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    All I can suggest is those distinctive headlights remind me of International Harvester as do vaguely some other certain aspects - but I'm definately no tractor expert!

Can anyone help me with this highway honey? Last seen heading north and at quite a respectable clip
    Looks to me like another Rolls, although I couldn't help you on the specific model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Can anyone help me here? I feel that I should know this.
    That's a pretty unit and a I bet it's a Mopar. For a definitive answer I'd be investigating early to mid 1950s show cars from Chrysler Corp. Perhaps styled by Virgil Exner, but much more likely to be from Ghia imo

My vintage car isn't a Roller or other euro, to my eyes its definately USA

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    I'm going to guess Ford Model A. Pictured is the front of a 1930 example and the rear of a 1931 example; the detail designs varied slightly from year to year.
    Last edited by Timothy (in VA); 03-07-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

It may be a Lincoln coupe. That oval rear window is throwing me off though.

EDIT: Nota where do you live?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Hi! Any ideas what this is???? First I thougt its a Bugatti, because of its color..
    Visit and support:
    http://www.ExoticsOnRoad.com
    http://www.carsightings.com

Too big for a Ford and in a price-class above. The style-clue I've been using is the grille surround's distinctive droopy wrap-down at the centre-top of the chrome horseshoe (curved like an inverted handlebar moustache) which accomodates the badge. Also that outline of the badge visible on the trunk. Both of these features are naggingly familiar, but hard to pin down

Highly likely to be around circa 1928-30. So far I've looked at Oakland, Studebaker, Graham-Paige, LaSalle, Lincoln, Oldsmobile, Franklin, Reo, Hudson ..?

Thanks for input but don't bust your boiler on this, guys. This era has so many marques to wade through. I'm in Oz

That's a pretty unit and a I bet it's a Mopar. For a definitive answer I'd be investigating early to mid 1950s show cars from Chrysler Corp. Perhaps styled by Virgil Exner, but much more likely to be from Ghia imo

My vintage car isn't a Roller or other euro, to my eyes its definately USA
    De Soto Adventurer II

Thread Information