Thread: Aston seats dimensions ?

Aston seats dimensions ?

Im not sure whether this is entirely the right palce to post this but Im planning to incorporate an aston martin seat in a technological design assignemnt at school and I would really appreciate accurate dimensions.

If anyone would know where to get a technical drawing/blueprint type-thing for a standard aston martin seat (the recent styling like in vanquish, db9 and vantage) that would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

One of our members, "Cyco", is currently on the waiting list for a V8 Vantage. He would probably be your best bet for detailed information, but he doesn't actually have it yet so hard to know if he could help you.

Try dropping him a PM - http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/member.php?u=5515
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

There was that older guy too, he had problems getting aston up his steep driveway I think. I don't know if he is still around.

What dimensions are you after?

I know the DB9/AMV8 seats are getting changed for MY07 - the lower section is a bit wider, but still retaining lateral support.

I don't yet have the car, but getting the dimensions you require shouldn't be hard.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

well what would be really helpfull is like a technical sort of drawing- like side on and top view- showing the shape of it in proportion, but that would probably be tricky to get.

Ill be happy with some basic measurements like height and width of the whole seat, and the seating area itself, like across the shoulders, at the base. And the angle of the back, what it's ranges are.

Ive found a few photos of the seats so I guess with a few measurements I could estimate the rest. I could always go to the dealers and ask if they mind me poking around with a tape measure .. but I think theyd look at me funny ..

Thanks for taking interest in helping out Cyco

Not sure where in the world you are, but I can take some measurements in the dealership if you have no success.

I'd make my 1st stop a e-mail or phone call to AM HQ at Gaydon and ask if they can supply you with what you are after for your project.

2nd place (if you have no luck with AM) would be Recaro, who are the ones actually making the seats.

If neither of those or your local dealer can help you PM me and I'll see what I can get for you.
    Last edited by Cyco; 07-10-2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Id emailed the local AM a few days ago but still no reply - supose ill try gaydon

Thanks again for the help

Thread Information