Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News section

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you may need more than one if you go on like this
    Explain more. I can't see how I can have more of a hole. Bigger, deeper, cleaner?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Explain more. I can't see how I can have more of a hole. Bigger, deeper, cleaner?
    use your own fantasy
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

use your own fantasy
    My Final Fantasy?

Or just a normal one?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    I think he means a dedicated news page, something along the lines of this site's page: http://www.fast-autos.net/news/
    yes that was exactlyy what i had in mind. (thanks for the link btw i did not know of that site)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Speak of the devil! As you guys were discussing the news section, Wouter just finished an automobile and globe-related news page!

AutoNews

GlobalNews
    If we think along those lines, why have a lemans section? why not just go to aother web site? why have car shows covergae? why not just check out the existing features on other web sites?

btw, thanks for the unecessary sarcasm, you a real champ.

These things are very well covered on the web, and I am sure not everybody cares to read that Hyundai made a new engine version for the Atoz.

News is covered as far as it concerns the launching of an important new car, and by visiting the most important Motor Shows of the world, such as Geneva, Detroit, Paris and Frankfurt.
    same here. The show covergae is awsome, but there are several months between each motor show, and a lot of things happen. and Yes, no one cares about about a new hyundai version, but im sure people care when a car concept is ACTUALLY apoved for production, not only rumored to be so in the forums. press releases etc... I would care about that.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Well theres nothing stopping people posting news in each respective manufacturers section. Its just up to members to post info.
    I am the Stig

but thats the whole point. How reliable IS each source(member)?
    My idea is that ucp has a news feature where sources are reliable and cerain. the facts!

now what I was asking is , is t feasible? I mean there are whole mgazines and websites dedicated to it, so it cannot be very easy.
    GO HABS GO!

Well generally people posting news are taking it from another source. Whoever that source is, they usually post the link with it, so then rather judging the source by who posted it, we judge it from where they got it from.
    I am the Stig

And they are also spreasd all over the different forum sections...(sometimes in the hideout, sometimes in the manufacturer forums, etc...), which is fine when you want to talk about it, but what if you just want to get informed?

Id just like to have wouter's opinion on this. maybe it cant be done, maybe its not something he wants for the site, or maybe the ressources just arent there.
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    Id just like to have wouter's opinion on this. maybe it cant be done, maybe its not something he wants for the site, or maybe the ressources just arent there.
    Your last remark hits the nail on the head. There is only so much one man can do in 24 hours, without sacrificing his private life....It is all a matter of priorities...unless somebody is willing to stand up as a volunteer (but committed) news editor..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Your last remark hits the nail on the head. There is only so much one man can do in 24 hours, without sacrificing his private life....It is all a matter of priorities...unless somebody is willing to stand up as a volunteer (but committed) news editor..
    I hope my I have not been miss-interpreted as asking wouter to do this. I was simply sharing an idea, that i think woud make ucp a more complete site. We cannot (should not) ask wouter (or the other mods involved) to devote anymore time to the site than what they do.

But by raising the question somebody could rise up and say "i will give it a shot". I for one would love to do it, but am afraid i lack the basic engligh skills, knowledge and understanding if the automotive world to be any good at it.

Maybe there is an enthusiastic auto journalism student eager to sharpen his skill somewhere in thses forums
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information