Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: F1 2007

Certainly if we see more drives from Pedro like at Hungary then hes got a future. One point about his driving that caught my attention on Sunday though was all those laps he was getting better drive than MS out of the final corner, yet still being outdragged, not once did it look like he was going to throw it all away with a locked brake or a dive down the inside.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Certainly if we see more drives from Pedro like at Hungary then hes got a future. One point about his driving that caught my attention on Sunday though was all those laps he was getting better drive than MS out of the final corner, yet still being outdragged, not once did it look like he was going to throw it all away with a locked brake or a dive down the inside.
    On the radio after the race he told the team that he knew what he was doing and that it was a matter of time before he could get by. He had plenty of time.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Official confirmation:

Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    Jacques Villeneuve will not be racing with the BMW Sauber F1 Team for the remainder of the 2006 F1 season. Following discussions last week, Jacques Villeneuve and the BMW Sauber F1 Team agreed to terminate their current contract with immediate effect five races ahead of schedule.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

A much sadder day for F1 than when the last grumpy fat-arse left a few weeks ago.

Let's just hope to god he doesn't decide to concentrate on his 'music' career. NASCAR would seem to be the best place for him though?
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    A much sadder day for F1 than when the last grumpy fat-arse left a few weeks ago.

Let's just hope to god he doesn't decide to concentrate on his 'music' career. NASCAR would seem to be the best place for him though?
    He needs to apply to Peugeot or Audi and win Le Mans next year, so he can retire in peace.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Villeneuve
    Last week, the team informed us of its decision to review its options for next year, including assessing Robert Kubica in a race environment at Hungary without offering me any assurance about my race seat beyond Hungary. Therefore, the team and I agreed to part ways with immediate effect.
    Sounds like he wasn't prepared to be messed about and left uncertain over his future. He didn't wanna be left to fight for his seat with an unproven rookie so jumped before he was pushed, similar to Montoya in a way.

I too would like to see him racing at Le Mans and going for the "Triple Crown" (Indy 500, F1 WDC, Le Mans), but I fear his North American ties and the lure of the $$$s will see him racing in NASCAR next season.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Autosport.com
    Webber, Coulthard confirmed at Red Bull

Monday, August 7th 2006, 15:09 GMT

Mark Webber will race with the Red Bull Racing team next season after the squad confirmed a deal with the Australian driver on Monday.

Webber announced this week that he will leave the Williams team at the end of the season after the British outfit did not take up an option on him and instead signed Alex Wurz for the second seat.

Twenty-nine-year-old Webber will partner Briton David Coulthard at Red Bull next year after the team also confirmed the Scot for another season.

Webber had driven for Jaguar, the team Red Bull bought nearly two years ago, for two seasons before joining Williams.

"It's fantastic to be joining Red Bull Racing," said Webber. "It's clear that the team is very hungry for long-term success, it has a very talented group of personnel and there seems to be a real sense of team spirit and unity. I believe I'm joining the team at exactly the right time for success in the future.

"After I left Jaguar Racing at the end of the 2004 season and discovered that Mr. Mateschitz was taking over the team, I said that I felt the team had been placed in very good hands and had an assured future. As a team, it seems to be very realistic and knows the challenge that lies ahead.

"I hope to bring good experience to the team and to assist it by being a fast and consistent driver and scoring as many points as possible.

"I hope that with Red Bull Racing I can have my best F1 season to date and believe that we can be very, very strong together. I'm looking forward to some great times with David and the rest of the Red Bull Racing team."

Coulthard added: "I'm delighted to continue with Red Bull Racing for a third season. I can feel that the team is really beginning to gel as a group.

"I'm looking forward to raising the performance of the team and the car and to see Red Bull Racing become a regular points scorer, in with a good shout for achieving podiums and wins."

The news mean Austrian Christian Klien will not have a racing seat at Red Bull next year.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Christian Klien for all his hard efforts for the team over the last two seasons," said team boss Christian Horner.

"He will remain a Red Bull Racing driver until the end of the 2006 season, and we will continue to give him all the support that we can during that time."
    Well that's another 2 seats fully confirmed for next year then, and another driver out of the equation for the still vacant Renault drive.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 08-07-2006 at 08:41 AM.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Well that's another 2 seats fully confirmed for next year then, and another driver out of the equation for the still vacant Renault drive.
    My money's on the Finn.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by ptclaus98
    My money's on the Finn.
    But which one?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    But which one?

Webber, Coulthard confirmed at Red Bull
    WTF is wrong with "and"?

"It's fantastic to be joining Red Bull Racing," said Webber. "It's clear that the team is very hungry for long-term success, it has a very talented group of personnel and there seems to be a real sense of team spirit and unity. I can't understand why they hired me then...
    "After I left Jaguar Racing at the end of the 2004 season and discovered that Mr. Mateschitz was taking over the team, I said that I felt the team had been placed in very good hands and had an assured future. As a team, it seems to be very realistic and knows the challenge that lies ahead.
    A.k.a "It pays to suck up to people"

"I'm looking forward to some great times with David and the rest of the Red Bull Racing team."
    "Where's the party?"

Coulthard added: "I'm delighted to continue with Red Bull Racing for a third season. I can feel that the team is really beginning to gel as a group.
    Well, aside from one of the drivers being replaced...

The news mean Austrian Christian Klien will not have a racing seat at Red Bull next year.
    A stunning piece of indepth insight there from Autosport.

I wonder what sort of undercover detailled investigative journalism turned up that gem.
    Thanks for all the fish

The kind that starts with "www."
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    WTF is wrong with "and"?

A.k.a "It pays to suck up to people"

"Where's the party?"

Well, aside from one of the drivers being replaced...

A stunning piece of indepth insight there from Autosport.

I wonder what sort of undercover detailled investigative journalism turned up that gem.

Spyker might get involved in F1, by buying Midland F1 with the M-Consortium. That would be interesting to see.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    Spyker might get involved in F1, by buying Midland F1 with the M-Consortium. That would be interesting to see.

Source
    Why would that be interesting to see? They are only a small company so I can't see them injecting massive funds into Midlands.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information