Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porsche CGT crash last year LAWSUIT SAYS CGT TOO FAST!!!!!!!

I don't think it's Porsche's fault, and this lawsuit is completely stupid. But please show a bit of respect to death people.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Only in America™

It'll be interesting to see the outcome.
    If he won his case before about the 911 Turbo then he's a fairly talented lawyer.
    Will he use Ascari as an example as how a supercar is initially set up with a little understeer because Ascari believe your wallet size does not reflect your driving ability and a car with a litle understeer is a safer car to drive?

To be honest if your doing 160 down a straight and a car pulls out in front of you then your Fu**ed aren't you. At 160 you've no ability to do anything. except try to slow down and only hit he wall at 145.
    That applies to any car.
    Unless this lawyer will try and introduce a 150mph elk test.

mabye porsche will add stronger brakes to it. Hopefully, they won't because that may affect the balance of the car,causing them to change the tires and supspension and other stuff
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    McClellan says, "No, Porsche should only be liable because this car was defective." But then he adds, "It is defective, however, if the risks of its design outweigh the benefits. If its power and handling characteristics make it too dangerous for the average driver without training or instruction, then it is defective. Porsche should be liable because it sold a defective vehicle to Ben Keaton

if this is the reasoning of the laywer he is going to have great difficulties in defining the AVERAGE driver......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Not to mention that plenty of "average" drivers manage to crash and be killed in even the slowest and lowest-powered cars out there.

That must mean that, if the drivers have passed the basic minimum level of training required to be on the road, all cars that have been crashed due to "driver error" meet his requirements for being "defective".

That means every single car manufacturer on the planet needs to cease production of all models, and every single car on the planet needs to be removed from the roads, lest someone else is killed by this chronic "defect" that has been built into every car - the need for a driver.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    That means every single car manufacturer on the planet needs to cease production of all models, and every single car on the planet needs to be removed from the roads, lest someone else is killed by this chronic "defect" that has been built into every car - the need for a driver.
    I have a better idea.
    From now on all cars will have the standard three pedals modified so that they will now be a brake pedal next to a prake pedal which would naturally be situated between the other two brake pedals. This combined with the removal of all engines from current cars should improve road safety.

The only issue I have with this lawsuit is that Porsche actually sold this car to a moron.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

it needs an idiot setting for ....people who can't handle it. or they could sell the gt and buy a car that they can handle. Like a VW Beetle. sorry for the non caps, i am using a chinese keyboard that activates chinese characters everytime you hit shift several times
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The only issue I have with this lawsuit is that Porsche actually sold this car to a moron.
    1) Calling the guy a moron is a bit harsh

2) Even if he was one, how would Porsche have known?

3) Even if he was a moron he could have bought a VW Golf GTI, Crashed and died and no one would care. Why does it only matter that it was a Porsche that he didn't know how to drive as opposed to a VW that he didn't know how to drive?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    1) Calling the guy a moron is a bit harsh

2) Even if he was one, how would Porsche have known?

3) Even if he was a moron he could have bought a VW Golf GTI, Crashed and died and no one would care. Why does it only matter that it was a Porsche that he didn't know how to drive as opposed to a VW that he didn't know how to drive?
    1) Any inexperienced driver who buys one of these performance machines without the proper training on how to handle them, then blames the manufacturer for selling him something he couldn't handle, is a moron in my book.

2) Porsche should really hold driving skills days for the owners of such vehicles as part of the package. or do they already and this man just decided he was man enough to handle it on his own?

3)It doesn't matter. if he was suing VW we'd probably be saying the same thing and holding him in the same contempt.

Once more proving that money does not buy talent - just ask Paris Hilton's record company
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Once more proving that money does not buy talent - just ask Paris Hilton's record company
    Or UB40

The lawsuit won't go anywhere, the accident happened on a track at 150mph - so the fact that it's a road car is a moot point really, the manufacturer could safely assume that it would never be driven at that speed on a public road, therefore (in theory) they could argue that it was never designed to be used on a circuit and/or driven at those speeds.

He signed a waiver on that trackday so the circuit will not be liable.

As for this crap about moving the wall around, tough shit - he should pay more attention to his surroundings.

Flag guy... tut tut, BUT as the MSA say...

"Motor Sport can be dangerous: Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of this, you are here at your own risk"
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

1) Any inexperienced driver who buys one of these performance machines without the proper training on how to handle them, then blames the manufacturer for selling him something he couldn't handle, is a moron in my book.
    It isn't the driver of the CGT suing Porsche, he was killed.

As I understand it, it is the family of the passenger in the CGT, who also died, who are suing Porsche.

And anyway, what are you basing the fact that he was an inexperienced driver on?

The extremely biased comments coming from the people of a prosecuting lawyer?

Or the fact that he crashed a car?

Senna crashed a car and killed himself, I guess that means he was an inexperienced moron?

2) Porsche should really hold driving skills days for the owners of such vehicles as part of the package. or do they already and this man just decided he was man enough to handle it on his own?
    Porsche do offer dedicated driver training services across the globe, not only for Porsche owners, but every & any driver.

How do you know he hadn't attended any advanced driver training or not? You are automatically assuming that he hadn't.

I wouldn't comment either way unless I knew for sure.

3)It doesn't matter. if he was suing VW we'd probably be saying the same thing and holding him in the same contempt.
    No we wouldn't, because no one would try and bring legal action against VW for building such a "dangerously fast" car as the Golf.

The fact is that any driver, in any car, with any ammount of training can crash.

Without knowing the actual circumstances involved, it is a bit harsh to condemn someone you don't know as a "moron".
    Thanks for all the fish

another stupid lawsuit , this happens because is easier to blame other people than admit your own fault...speacially if you have a lot of money.

I've heard other similar stories, one of one guy who had activated the "cruise control" of his caravan and went to the caravans kitchen to cook the dinner...obviusly he crashed. Then he sued the caravan maker saying that they hadn't specified that the "cruise control" wasn't an "autopilot".

Meanwhile, this thread remenber me one pic that i found here, at UCP, for those who hadn't seen, this sticker will be compulsory in all supercars
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is too short to stay, race!

Gora Euskadi! Visca Catalunya!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    If its power and handling characteristics make it too dangerous for the average driver without training or instruction, then it is defective. Porsche should be liable because it sold a defective vehicle to Ben Keaton
    ? if its hard to drive its defective? thank god i dont live in America!

Thread Information