Thread: Looking for Ferrari owners in Singapore

Looking for Ferrari owners in Singapore

Hi everyone!

I'm a student with the University of South Australia currently pursuing my degree in Mass Communication and I'm doing my very last semester right now - all that keeps me from graduating is ONE assignment and its a 1,500-word piece about owning a car in Singapore.

One day travelling on the way to a racing town, 12 Ferarris zoomed past me. And that was my inspiration for my article "Owning a Ferrari in Singapore". Obviously I am new to the world of Ferraris only being an observer from the sidelines...

As such, I am looking for anyone who owns a Ferrari in Singapore - would be terribly grateful if you could spare some time for me to ask you a couple of questions via email?

Am hoping for a good response so I can write a damn good article about Ferraris in Singapore!

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Michelle De Roza

may be you better ask this question in the Asian section of www.ferrarichat.com
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Your best bet would be www.ferrarichat.com, as far as I'm aware there's unforunately no Singaporean Ferrari owners on these boards.

EDIT: Beat to the punch. Or post, whatever.

Just a pointer, owning a ferrari in s'pore means one thing…you are bloody rich.

hmmmm that would make an interesting paper
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

if they'd even take the time to talk to you... if you're lucky you'll find an owner who's actually willing to talk about his ferrari
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by m5child
    if they'd even take the time to talk to you... if you're lucky you'll find an owner who's actually willing to talk about his ferrari
    Who doesn't like to brag about their Ferraris these days?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Who doesn't like to brag about their Ferraris these days?
    People who pretend to own ferrari's like to brag about them. True Ferrari owners rarely post on internet forums.

I know on Wikipedia it gives a list of some of the owner's and where they are from and such.
    " You may be a Ferrari owner but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari driver" Enzo Ferrari

Wow thanks for all the advice guys. I shall try other avenues then. But if they don't really brag on forums, would you have any other idea how I might go about hunting down one save sneaking into a Ferrari showroom and stealing their client data? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    People who pretend to own ferrari's like to brag about them. True Ferrari owners rarely post on internet forums.
    I remember a certain Fselldorff (on some other messageboard) or whatever his name was being very open about his 3 Mclaren F1's

Dad's friend from Singapore owns a 360 Modena and would certainly be willing to talk about it. Unfortunately, I don't think he even knows how to capably use the internet let alone use a forum.
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    Dad's friend from Singapore owns a 360 Modena and would certainly be willing to talk about it. Unfortunately, I don't think he even knows how to capably use the internet let alone use a forum.
    A phone number would already help, I think...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I live in Singapore. you still looking for information. i am actually in the market for a 2nd hand Ferrari or Lambo, have done a fair bit of research. Let me know if you are still looking for info. would also be interested to hear what you find.

By the way, Singapore is perhaps the most expensive place to own and maintain a car. The cost just to buy the "license" to own a car would cost as much as an BWM M3 in the US. And you also need to 'scrap' your car after 10 years, keeping it past 10 years would cost even more and requires a loss of (OMV - open market value). It's a complicated system, but it keeps our road traffic free. ... BTW, it cost US$600,000 (without the license) to buy a Ferrari here and to drive it for 10 years. A Pagani Zonda (yes there is one here), costs US$2.5 million, about the same as an Enzo. I won't even dream to think what a Bugatti Veyron would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by R34GTR
    I remember a certain Fselldorff (on some other messageboard) or whatever his name was being very open about his 3 Mclaren F1's
    He's on Automotive Forums. And he did have 3, but he sold LM03. He's a nice guy though. He offers rides in his McLarens when he has the time.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information