Page 401 of 536 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Fruity beer? thats something that I gotta try!
    sam adams cherry wheat is a good one for the summer time. but there are lots. if you want a really high end one, try a lambic. raspberry makes the nicest.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Fruity beer? thats something that I gotta try!
    There's a Belgian Beer Cafe down the road that has some Peach beer. Not my kind of thing, but it was a hit with the laydeez. It was nice for what it was anyway.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    laydeez...LOL!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Matilda Bay also do some special release bottles every year that are fantastic, but they're really hard to find outside of Perth.
    I love being proved wrong.. one of the local booze outlets had them, nestled between longnecks of VB and Toohey's New....

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^^ am doing the same soon. Would appreciate feedback on the real usability of the keyboard. Ta.
    Hi, sorry for the slow reply, I only came back to this thread today!

Anyway, today is exactly a week since I've got the N97. I will give a review of what I think of it so far.

First, the size and feel of the device. It is quite big, to accommodate that huge 3.5 inch screen, and of course, the qwerty keypad. However, it is very well shaped, so unlike the N95 (my old phone), this feels very comfortable in your hand, and will actually fit nicely in your pocket. Build quality is very high, has a very solid feel to it, unlike the N95, which has a wobbly slide.

Second, software. It uses the latest Symbian OS, Series 60 Version 5, which is, to date, only used in 2/3 phones, most notably the 5800 Tube. Because it is so new, there aren't many apps/games available on it, and also, there are many bugs in it. However, I believe the bugs will easily be fixed with software updates.

Third, your question about usability of the keypad. It takes a while getting used to, and it can be quite slow, because you're only using 2 thumbs (there's no way you can type with all 5 fingers like you normally would). Also, unlike the HTC Touch Pro/Sony X1 Xperia, there are only 3 rows of keys, so if you want to type numbers/punctuation marks, you have to press another button first, which is quite inconvenient. But once again, quality is very high, the lighting is very clear, so once you're used to the qwerty keypad, there really is nothing to complain about.

There are other methods of txt input which I tried out yesterday. This includes Handwritting recognition, and T9, with the touch screen. Handwritting recognition is very bad IMO. It took me 10 minutes to type out a simple 1.5 line txt message. T9 on the other hand, is just like any other phone's keypad, except with a touch screen, so a little slower, and you have to concentrate a little more. But honestly, why would use any of those methods when you have a full qwerty keypad at hand? If you really hate using the qwerty keypad, then this phone isn't for you.

Another point I want to mention is the durability. Type in "N97 Stress Test" on Youtube, and I believe it is the first 5/6 videos. I'm surprised at how well the phone did... not that I'm every going to try prove them wrong...

Main thing is just getting used to it. Software wise, it is very similar to the N95's so I had no problem with that. I haven't called anyone with it yet unfortunately, but as for the qwerty keypad, which I've used a lot, it still needs more time to actually use it quickly and efficiently.

Hope this will help future N97 buyers!
    Last edited by Roentgen; 08-10-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

It might pay off, if you are looking at the N97 Peter, to wait for the Rumoured "N97 Mini", which is minus the D-Pad and a much smaller device.

If you don't like the size of it that way, you might get an old one for cheap
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It might pay off, if you are looking at the N97 Peter, to wait for the Rumoured "N97 Mini", which is minus the D-Pad and a much smaller device.

If you don't like the size of it that way, you might get an old one for cheap
    Problem is, it'll have 8/16 gigs of memory, rather than the 32 gigs in the current N97, also, screen will be smaller by quite a bit, and it'll be mainly touch screen orientated rather than qwerty, judging by position of the Nokia badge. Because of this, the N97 Mini, if it comes out, will be cheaper.

As I said, because of the shape of the device, size really doesn't matter. It still fits very comfortably in your hand, and pocket. Any smaller will in fact hinder the use of the qwerty keypad.

It'll be smaller, certainly. but not everyone needs 32gb of storage. I'm struggling to fill my 16gb iPhone, for instance

It's certainly well shaped & pocketable. The touchscreen is one of the best resistive I've ever used, and the constantly updateable homescreen is a fantastic idea. it's a good phone, no doubt.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i bought a whole, raw chicken....

I bought the fixings for chunky pasta sauce, cooked it up, then made nachos with it.. Ahh Thomas Chipman, your corn chips are so good.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    It'll be smaller, certainly. but not everyone needs 32gb of storage. I'm struggling to fill my 16gb iPhone, for instance

It's certainly well shaped & pocketable. The touchscreen is one of the best resistive I've ever used, and the constantly updateable homescreen is a fantastic idea. it's a good phone, no doubt.
    True, most people can't really use the 32 gig storage. But I have a 16 gig ipod touch, and it now has about 90 mbs left D:

So for future proofing, I think it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I bought the fixings for chunky pasta sauce, cooked it up, then made nachos with it.. Ahh Thomas Chipman, your corn chips are so good.
    Tuna + chilli, lemon, + good tasty cheese = win nachos.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

You're all products of a decadent society. I had ramen and yogurt for diner. Livin la vida bachelor.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i bought a whole, raw chicken....
    feathers still attached?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    feathers still attached?
    not quite.... but it's taking a bath at the moment.

Thread Information