Thread: Online Radios - What do you use?

Online Radios - What do you use?

Do you guys use online radios often? I did every once in awhile but It took me awhile to find one that i thought was that great. So which ones do you guys listen to and if you could please talk about it's pros and cons.

I'll start off with the one I use most often, www.pandora.com. It's completely free if you don't mind a little visual ad in the top corner but it's nice to not have any audio ads that interrupt the music. You can have up to 100 stored stations and as you listen to the music you can rate the song with a thumbs up or thumbs down and it uses your input to learn more about your musical tastes. Some of its drawbacks are that you only get about 10 or so skips per hour and that occasionally it will slow down my computer and almost freeze it when changing songs and a message will pop up saying there is a script error. I'm not sure if this is unique to my computer or not. Nonetheless i am quite satisfied with this site, but i'm sure there's better out there.

When we were at school, Kerrang radio was it.

I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I can't tell you now.

i hate having other people choose what songs i listen to. so i dont listen to the radio

I'm also not a huge fan of radio, but soma FM is really good, especially if my music isn't around. I recommend the indie pop rocks channel. Groove salad and drone zone are good too if you're into electronica.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    winamp shoutcast radio. havent used any other as yet, so pros and cons, i cant say
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

There's a rather new Finnish radio station that plays mostly metal, that's the only internet radio I've been listening in a while.

Thread Information