Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement SUV

Replacement SUV

If some of you remember, I was recently griping about our Mazda Tribute. It was a nice enough smallish SUV but after it left us stranded and had to be towed home I started looking for a replacement. After some research, a few days ago I went to check out the Honda Pilot. I was very impressed with the quality and reasonable pricing. After getting the payoff information on the Tribute and arranging for financing, I went back with my wife this time, to make sure she felt comfortable with it. They had the color and options I wanted so we drove it home!

Pictures to come, I just haven't had a chance... it looks pretty much like this one.
    3.5l V6, AWD, 244 Hp and 240 lb/ft torque, and most importantly 17 city/22 hwy on regular unleaded gas. Fuel consumption wise, it isn't much worse than our late 3.0l V6 Tribute which had a curb weight that was about 1,200 lbs less! Viva Honda!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Congratulations! I can't say I like it, but if you do enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congrats, the Pilot's a great SUV, my neighbor owns one.

Are you planning on taking it offroad, or just need it for the size?

The closest to that we get here is the CRV, which by most reports is a pretty decent car
    I am the Stig

Thanks, guys!

fpv_gtho, no offroading really, or if so it will be limited to State Parks where people venture even in cars. I picked the AWD version for its better on-road handling dynamics with 55/45, F/R weight distribution and it should fare better in slippery conditions.

The Pilot isn't really meant to be offroaded and that suits how we'll use it fine, mostly onroad as a large wagon...

Sorry to hear about the mazda, what exactly went wrong?

the Pilot is a good SUV, my aunt has one that has been on many ski trips so apparently they can handle the hassle of winter very well

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Mazda Tribute.
    A vehicle so s***e that Ford & Mazda have given up even attempting to sell it here, apparently.
    Thanks for all the fish

The Pilot is a great SUV i'm sure you'll not regret buying it. My parents own an '02, two of our neighbors own an '05, and our next door neighbor owns an '06. It seems to be quite popular around here.

Cool, another great Honda product. It'll be a bulletproof SUV. What more can I say? Good choice.

Not my thing really, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you are concerned about how the car handles in the wet SLOW DOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Sorry to hear about the mazda, what exactly went wrong?

the Pilot is a good SUV, my aunt has one that has been on many ski trips so apparently they can handle the hassle of winter very well
    Overheated after coolant leak and was never the same...

Atleast to me, I couldn't tell the dealership about the changes as they were subtle. If anything it had lost its crispness... the shifts were a little less decisive and I felt that when it was revved high it didn't sound the same as before.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=25885

A lot of people have Pilots were I live as well and there seems to be a camaraderie among them (us ). Slowing to allow merging and admiring glances... seems Pilots owners really love their humble beasts of burden.

Really though, I'm starting to like it's bovine nature, it's very well natured and commodious. It's culture shock when I shift from driving my MX-5 during the week to the Pilot on weekends.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Yeah, I agree not really into Hondas in general or Pilots specifically, but if it makes you happy then hey! Who am I to bag on it?

Anyway, my Ma just got a Ford Escape and seems to be happy with it. I wish it were bigger and rode a little softer, but I can't imagine it stranding you anywhere like your Mazda did.

Enjoy the vehicle!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Yeah, I agree not really into Hondas in general or Pilots specifically, but if it makes you happy then hey! Who am I to bag on it?

Anyway, my Ma just got a Ford Escape and seems to be happy with it. I wish it were bigger and rode a little softer, but I can't imagine it stranding you anywhere like your Mazda did.

Enjoy the vehicle!
    Actually the Escape and Tribute are the same, mechanically. Mazda designed and Ford built, with Ford supplied Duratec V6 and Mazda providing the I4. They're good enough cars..er...trucks, just had an unfortunate mishap. It could've happened to any make, even the replacement, the impervious feeling Honda Pilot...

The Honda Pilot 3.5-V6 eh? I do like, very much so, in dark colours. Saw one when I was over in Florida last year. Love them, as for the Mazda Tribute, not too keen on them. Honda engines are good. Great buy!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information