Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Israel v. Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    If bombing civilians is strategic...
    No, like bombing the suports to a major bridge, and the runway of the major airport, shutting it down.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    No, like bombing the suports to a major bridge, and the runway of the major airport, shutting it down.

and what makes you think that the major bridge has no citizens crossing it? or the runway of the major airport dosent have a plane full of citizens waiting to take off?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Good points all.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    and what makes you think that the major bridge has no citizens crossing it? or the runway of the major airport dosent have a plane full of citizens waiting to take off?
    I didn't say they didn't kill people, they just were strategically places, instead of say, bombing a non-government building, or a sports arena or something like that.

well, they just bombed a lighthouse, a friggin lighthouse, whats THAT all about?

It prolly had a Hezbollah rocket launcher in it, or it was a potential military asset.

The Israeli army said it had struck about 150 targets in Lebanon so far, fewer than a dozen of them linked directly to Hizbollah. Most have hit civilian installations.

The assault has choked Lebanon's economy.
    From a news article...

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I didn't say they didn't kill people, they just were strategically places, instead of say, bombing a non-government building, or a sports arena or something like that.
    Would bombing any civilian airport, such as DFW or O'Hare, really be a strategic target during an invasion of the US? No. Because it makes no sense.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It prolly had a Hezbollah rocket launcher in it, or it was a potential military asset.
    Just like all the lighthouses in the US have anti-aircraft guns in them?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Would bombing any civilian airport, such as DFW or O'Hare, really be a strategic target during an invasion of the US? No. Because it makes no sense.

but you have to remember that isnt america, while here we have many places to have runways and we seperate our civilian runways from military installations that is often not the case in many other countries. Just one thing to consider.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I didn't say I knew their strategy, but obviously they have one or they would have just bombed the hell out of anything within range?

The IAF just bombed the wheat storage facility.

WHEAT STORAGE FFS

now they've blown shit out of proportion (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I just want to say that war has changed A LOT. Back in WWII countless civilians got killed, yet there wasn't a big fuss about it. But now a civilian gets killed and it's all over the news. Also since the US started caring about not killing civilians we have gotten a stalemate in Korea, loss in Vietnam, in Desert Storm we didn't finish the job, and now we're getting nowhere in Iraq, not to mention other smaller conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220
    its all about unleashed tension. they have been fighting for many years. now it just ended up exploding into a big problem. now idk why the US backs israel soo damn much. its like whats the damn point. we support other countries that help us in return. im sorry but there arn't enough israelies out there to help us. how many troops did israel send to iraq? and there excuse was what we need them here. meanwhile all our equipment is in israel helping them.
    Well apart from all the the reasons given for the US support, look at how many Jews are at they heads of large American corporations, especially those that have roles high up in almost all major American media companies. The media is Israel-biased, which causes most people to sway that way as well, and hence we have this support.

Also, Israel is a country that was founded on one of the most nationalistic and racist ideologies in modern times. It was founded on the belief that this land is theirs, they were told that it is theirs, and they now have no regard for Arab life.

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    ....and they now have no regard for Arab life.
    you hit the nail on the head, unfortunately.

Thread Information