Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is The Best Car ever?

1971 Ford GT-HO Phase III

This is the best car because it cambines great looks, practicallity and decent performance (for a 1971 car) and if u put a new engine in it its a bullet.

Most higher performance cars arn't practicle so high performance sedans and probably the best cars out there.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

One of my al time favourits it's the Isdera Commendatore 112i, i love that car, for me it's the simbol of supercars, exotic in everyway, like they should be now, a car that makes you talk about it, if only to say that the entire tubular chassis is painted red, today's supercars should have more details like that.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

This thread could've ended actually with Mr Kiplings first reply. And if it's to expensive I guess you can go for a NSX...

all time greatest must be the F1..but todays cars must be The
    Zonda F....In the supercar category
    Aint Nothin' Lika A Benz....

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Surely you know that already if you're that big a car fan?

It's the McLaren F1, the purest expression of a car, possibly ever.

One of the fastest cars ever; bespoke naturally aspirated V12; as much load space as a 5 Series; timeless design (it seems); unique driving position; one more passenger than any other sports car; totally unrestrained by 'corporate pressures' and there's only a hundred of them.

What more do you want?!
    I agree 100%. There isn't anything else that captures the essence of speed and drivability. It is an all around car. Carry your groceries, then a minute later turn into one of the fastest cars ever made.

The best car ever is, undisputedly, the Reliant Robin.

Best car for what of for whom?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think there's no such thing as a "best car ever", some cars excell in some aspects, but the perfect all-rounder doesn't exist. (And I doubt it will ever).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^ Hmm, the Viper: one of the most important for the US car industry maybe. And you've got to love the spirit behind it.

Taking the resulting machine at face value, I do love the Elise; the F430 really is incredible in every way; Caterham 7 is probably my all time fave... but I just can't take my mind of the completeness of the F1.

Here's a good question... money aside (because that was always outside the F1 remit), can you think of some down points of it?

I can think of a couple:

Getting in the driver's seat.. although I guess you'd get it right eventually.

I bet that central driving position makes overtaking a bit rubbish, but it would be the same wherever you drove it.

Err.....

You can't buy one?
    What are you talking about???

Absolute rubbish.

Anyone can buy a Mclaren F1... You just have a rob a few banks on your way to the private sale.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    It depends on what a person's definition of "best" is. Example, if your into top speed, then the Veyron will be your best, handling then the Elise or Noble ect.
    Correct. In the end the best car ever comes down to a person's personal opinion.

Also the only way you could do something like this is if you split the cars up into groups.

I.e. the best car ever for handling, the best car ever for looks etc etc, but even then there will still be no definitive answer.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Which is why I live on a boat that fly's.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    What are you talking about???

Absolute rubbish.

Anyone can buy a Mclaren F1... You just have a rob a few banks on your way to the private sale.
    Hmmm, I can only remember one coming up for second hand sale... a yellow one from the states.

Most F1s will never go on the market... there's just too few of them.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

I'm with Mr Kipling on this. The Mclaren F1 is a true great!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Hmmm, I can only remember one coming up for second hand sale... a yellow one from the states.

Most F1s will never go on the market... there's just too few of them.
    There was an F1 for sale in Autocar magazine a few weeks ago. Might still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry
    Wuss.
    It is wider than the 1 mile lane I live down. When you meet a tractor/milk lorry/car/small cat, you're f*cked unless you want to take a large bit of hedge with you on your journey. Like every other SUV, it's really about as nimble as manatee. Parking sensor always goes off when you're being tail gates or you negotiate a turn that is tight because it activated too close to objects.

Getting in the driver's seat.. although I guess you'd get it right eventually.
    I always thought that, it must be a bit of a struggle to shimmy across.

I bet that central driving position makes overtaking a bit rubbish, but it would be the same wherever you drove it.
    That is solved by the loud pedal!! Just give the car as much room as you want, i am sure that you can get back over in time before you hit something head on.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Thread Information