Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eldorado Front Wheel Drive?

Eldorado Front Wheel Drive?

I was playing Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix, and I needed a muscle car.
    I loved the Eldorado, so despite the extra cost, I had to buy it.
    Needless to say, it was slow and heavy with almost no grip in the rear end...like a lot of muscle cars.
    But unlike most, the Eldorado was FWD?
    In an era where EVERYTHING that size seemed to be RWD, why was the Eldorado Front powered?
    I thought it must be a mistake by the game or something...but unless UCP is lying, its not.
    All about the t-tops

The land of the free and home of the whopper!
    From the '70s to about 3 years ago most caddys were FWD, they were made like that during the gas crisis in the '70s because FWD cars got better fuel mileage than RWD cars.
    roflcopter

Wow. I was just shocked because everything else was RWD back then.
    Was there even a Cadillac muscle car?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Was there even a Cadillac muscle car?
    Definaltely not.

The old Eldorados were made with the same Toronado FWD architecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TS020
    they were made like that during the gas crisis in the '70s because FWD cars got better fuel mileage than RWD cars.
    And how is that?

no, they were RWDs. you should have bought the Impala SS (1995) and put all your cash into modifying the engine. I have a perlescent green/teal one with 24s and airbags, so it's got the hip-hop special.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    The old Eldorados were made with the same Toronado FWD architecture.And how is that?
    I read the Buick Riviera was built on the same base also, but was RWD...they couldve swapped if they wanted to I suppose...

FWD on a front engined car would create a shorted drivetrain=less weight=better fuel consumption...
    But not by much I cant imagine...?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    no, they were RWDs. you should have bought the Impala SS (1995) and put all your cash into modifying the engine. I have a perlescent green/teal one with 24s and airbags, so it's got the hip-hop special.
    Erg that Impala. Don't like it much...too new! Not muscle -.-
    I am going for a minimilist approach...all my cars are stock, apart from the engine so they will actually race. I bought the Camaro SS I think...B class
    Have you passed the SUV races on Remix? They are impossible! Those darn Gemballas!
    All about the t-tops

Erg that Impala. Don't like it much...too new! Not muscle -.-I am going for a minimilist approach...all my cars are stock, apart from the engine so they will actually race. I bought the Camaro SS I think...B class Have you passed the SUV races on Remix? They are impossible! Those darn Gemballas!
    I use lots of nos on the 'slade on 28's wit ma niggaz
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

What on earth is a 'slade?
    Lol if you mean Excalade EXT...Those Gemballas are just smaller and faster! And they cost $375,000!!!
    All about the t-tops

yes it's the escalade EXT DUB edition

The one you win...
    The one you win that will never be fast enough to compete with.
    They should have fixed that on the Remix. The Gemballas werent on the original game.
    All about the t-tops

i won several using dirty driving

The Eldorado was FWD from 1967 on. Before that (1966 and earlier) RWD.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Back then it had fins though didn't it. Looks like a joke rather than a luxury car to my eyes...

I could win those SUV races, I've done 2 or 3...but they take ages per race, and I just get frustrated.
    Eventually, I will either do them, or buy a Gemballa with my current $321,000.
    All about the t-tops

Back then it had fins though didn't it. Looks like a joke rather than a luxury car to my eyes...
    They had true fins up through 1964. And they are anything but a joke to many people which is probably why restored ones are selling for $20,000+. I much rather have fins than the funny-looking stubby rear ends which most of today's cars have.
    And, yes, they were true luxury cars... big & powerful V-8 engines, lots of room inside, leather interiors, 6-way power seats, cruise control, auto headlights & dimming, a/c, power brakes/windows/seats, quiet, smooth-riding, chrome everywhere (real chrome, not plastic chrome), big whitewall tires, etc.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Proved me wrong I suppose...
    I know that they were very popular back then, and I suppose to some they still are...but I dont like them
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information