Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel goes through the £1 mark

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    1 gallon = 3.785 litres

1 dollar = 53.7p (today, anyways)

It's effectively £3.80 for a gallon of petrol here... which is $7 per gallon, near as dammit.
    Ah, forgot about the strength of English Currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Ah, forgot about the strength of English Currency.
    We will return to our former glory, jackbooting through Africa and Australia...

None of them wogs will stand a chance

1 gallon = 3.785 litres

1 dollar = 53.7p (today, anyways)

It's effectively £3.80 for a gallon of petrol here... which is $7 per gallon, near as dammit.
    mkay thanks

Quit moaning and get converting. My brother runs his car on chip fat, acquired for free or next to nothing from the local chippies. All it costs is the 27p a litre that you have to (read should) declare to the government.

Apparently it doesn't agree with common rail diesels, otherwise I'd do it too.

It's clean and far more environmentally friendly, cos it uses no fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Where are you paying 1.63€???

I pay around 1.34€ for mine, are you talking about premium gas (100oct) ?
    Sorry... I meant 1.36€. I rarely use 100oct.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

right now where i live we pay $1.22 (canadian dollars) for premium and deisel used to be cheaper but it costs more then regular gas now!

i dont get it... oil companies said last year they had to raise prices to make a profit but yet last years revenue was there record year.

and i bet most of that money goes right to the companies CEO's pockets.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Quit moaning and get converting. My brother runs his car on chip fat, acquired for free or next to nothing from the local chippies. All it costs is the 27p a litre that you have to (read should) declare to the government.

Apparently it doesn't agree with common rail diesels, otherwise I'd do it too.

It's clean and far more environmentally friendly, cos it uses no fossil fuels.
    ya that works to

I'll take you. You think you're better than us, it's Go time!

I paid 146.9c p/l yesterday, but that's because it was public service pay day, and it always goes up then.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

lol, you guys would wither and die when faced with normal weather
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

C'mon down, mate....
    Btw I paid AUD$1.34/litre yesterday for unleaded petrol....diesel is about $1.39 a litre. Just out of curiousity, do the fuel companies in other countries engage in fuel discounting?...Down here petrol (gas for our American friends) can vary by as much as 10c/litre depending on which day of the week it is. Interestingly, fuel is always more expensive at the end of the week, and that is especially the case before long week-ends where people are expected to do a lot of driving. The fuel companies are all bastards....

The fuel companies are all bastards....
    amen to that!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Do you really think they are just jacking up the prices for fun?

The declining oil resources and the world trade of oil means they have no choice other than to put their prices up to maintain profit.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Yes they are, they are claiming it is because of situations in the middle east, the only recent one being israel and lebanon, neither are known for their huge oil exporting. Last year shell posted record profits so they can actually LOWER prices and still make the same amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Do you really think they are just jacking up the prices for fun?

The declining oil resources and the world trade of oil means they have no choice other than to put their prices up to maintain profit.
    I agree that oil is a declining resource, and that in a free market oil companies will act to protect their profit margins, as they are entitled to do. However, I also believe oil companies are engaging in what is called "gouging".
    They are being helped in this by the futures markets, who use whatever excuse they can to push the price of oil up. Excuses include; the US driving season, weather in the Gulf of Mexico (not the major oil producing part of the world to my knowledge); the war between Hezbollah and Israel (neither of whom are oil producers to my knowledge);lack of refining facilities; and also the growth of the Chinese and Indian economies. The oil speculators seem to use any and every excuse to push the price per barrel up, with some saying it will eventually cost USD$100/barrel. With guys like these driving the market it will surely become a self-fulfilling prophecy, at a time when the oil companies world-wide are making record profits. Perhaps the only bright side to this kind of greed is that it might spur on development of alternative fuel sources, I certainly hope so.

notice how the oil companies always jack up prices when they know people will be travelling most... holiday's. and long weekends!

something funny about that

they know people need to go places and so we have no choice but to pay for whatever they charge and the oil companies know that, so they raise the prices.

i bet this year will be even better then last years profit!
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Thread Information