Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal Idols

the stig(made in china)
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Chuck Norris. Why you ask?..because who else has another fist under their beard.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I thought he was dead?
    That's what everyone thinks when someone isn't in the limelight for a long time. He's kept a low profile ever since his fanbase started intruding into his house and disturbing his family.

He has just been given his own radio show and he has just published Volume 1 of his autobiography. He is currently touring Europe and he has a new experimental album coming out very soon.

People who sing or play the guitar or drive cars are not/should not be idols just because they are good at their trade - unless we are specifically talking in that context. People should be idols based on who they are off the field/track/job/whatever.

My idol is my dad. A little more than 10 years ago he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. That alone is not the reason he is my idol. He is my idol because he has never once complained. He has never once felt sorry for himself. He has never once felt like he couldn't, or at least wouldn't try to, do something. He still helps family and friends do repairs on their houses, take care of their yards and fix their cars. He still mows his own lawn, takes care of his own pool, plants and harvests his own garden. He still puts everyone else before himself. He has kept his sense of humor. He keeps his spirits high. He pursues new interests and new hobbies. He continues to look to the future as more bright beginnings, not an imminent ending. I hope I can tackle obstacles and overcome diversity in my life with even a fraction of the dignity and character in which my father has.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:

He has just been given his own radio show
    That must be hard to understand...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    My idol is my dad. A little more than 10 years ago he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. That alone is not the reason he is my idol. He is my idol because he has never once complained. He has never once felt sorry for himself. He has never once felt like he couldn't, or at least wouldn't try to, do something. He still helps family and friends do repairs on their houses, take care of their yards and fix their cars. He still mows his own lawn, takes care of his own pool, plants and harvests his own garden. He still puts everyone else before himself. He has kept his sense of humor. He keeps his spirits high. He pursues new interests and new hobbies. He continues to look to the future as more bright beginnings, not an imminent ending. I hope I can tackle obstacles and overcome diversity in my life with even a fraction of the dignity and character in which my father has.
    Your dad sounds like one hell of a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    That must be hard to understand...
    On a local radio station they were joking about how there is a show right after bob dylan's to translate what he said.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    On a local radio station they were joking about how there is a show right after bob dylan's to translate what he said.
    Listen to the song "Bob" by weird Al Yanchovich its so funny.

People who sing or play the guitar or drive cars are not/should not be idols just because they are good at their trade - unless we are specifically talking in that context. People should be idols based on who they are off the field/track/job/whatever.

And in that case, mine is Jimi Hendrix. He lived through his child-hood with practically nothing, 3 or 4 different houses in the space of a week, yet he never lost hope of being a famous guitar player, even when things looked their worst. And thats a quality you don't find in too many people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    And in that case, mine is Jimi Hendrix. He lived through his child-hood with practically nothing, 3 or 4 different houses in the space of a week, yet he never lost hope of being a famous guitar player, even when things looked their worst. And thats a quality you don't find in too many people these days.
    Erm...I thought he lived with his dad for almost all of his childhood? I read his biography a while ago.

Billy is a good one
    pondering things

Anyone who has overcome adversity to achieve their goals and those who have spent their lives helping others
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

You're lucky to have that courageous gentleman in your life.

Someone really worth to look up for.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Martyn Ashton
    Gerry Marshall
    Dimebag Darrell
    Andy Coley (taught me more about driving well than anyone - the man's a genius)
    James Thompson (watched his first ever race, live at Silverstone. He was great to watch and he's a dude)
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Thread Information