Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cristiano Da Matta fights for his life...

Prayers and healing vibes to da Matta!!!!!!!!!!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

That's some seriously bad luck.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

To my understanding its a clot they found and they found it fast, depending on where it is, he should be fine. I dont think its a life threatening thing seeing as they got it so fast. If it had have had time and caused a stroke then he probably would have been just as ****ed as the deer. But seein as it was detected so soon, he should as I say be fine and dandy and back in 8 - 10 weeks. The brain is one incredible piece of hardware, very resilient. Did you know that the brain has more water in it than water itself?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Did you know that the brain has more water in it than water itself?
    So it has more H2O than H2O itself. interesting......

how is that possible... i need to go back to chemistry or bio class
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

as in the water that comes out of your tap at home. its not just h2o. somethen like 70% is h2o, the rest is shit... ur brain is over 80%.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

30% of products not "water" is a fairly large portion. They do stick stuff like chlorine and flourine in, but it doesnt constitute 30% of the final product.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    30% of products not "water" is a fairly large portion. They do stick stuff like chlorine and flourine in, but it doesnt constitute 30% of the final product.
    Not even close, I think that 30% of chlorine and flourine would already be very harmful to a human being. There can be a lot of other than H2O in tap water, like many metals, but I'd guess it's still more than 95% H2O. And in human brain there obviously can't be more water than in water itself, unless the pressure is far above normal - which it is not.

Apparently Da Matta will recover, at least in saturday his condition was stable though he was still in need of intensive care.

It's sad that as far as motorsport safety has come, things like this still happen.
    Yes I'm aware it's a very dangerous occupation, but this type of thing just shouldn't happen.

Thread Information