View Poll Results: Which car would you rather have?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche Cayman S

34 72.34%
  • Audi TT 3.2 Quattro

13 27.66%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayman S vs Audi TT

Porsche Cayman S vs Audi TT

Cayman

Flat-6
    3387cc
    295bhp
    251lb-ft torque
    RWD
    2954lb (1340kg)
    0-60mph in 5.1 seconds
    275 km/h top speed

TT

V6
    3189cc
    250bhp
    236lb-ft torque
    AWD
    3152lb (1430kg)
    0-60mph in 5.5 seconds
    Electronically limited 250km/h top speed

Im sure that Porsche will win...everything is better.

Anybody would have to be nuts to choose an Audi TT over a Porsche Cayman S.

Wow this poll is so thought out and original...in fact i havn't seen it in any magazine...

Well it may sound strange to most of you but as far as i know, is that Porsche sharing same technology with all the VW Group companies.So....
    What someone can do. Buy the Audi TT. Get out the engine of it and put the engine of the Cayman in there. But do nto forget that we are talking about the quattro version of the TT. What are the technicaldata for a quattro Cayman?

Only someone desperate for a 2+2 would consider a TT over a Cayman. The TT may be a nice car but it's roots are econocar, Golf. I don't know if this is as true for Gen. 2 cars as it was for the 1st generation but the car is still available in FWD only and with the same corporate 2.0 FSI available in VW's GTI.

Cayman anyday...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

TT = Golf in lingerie

Cayman = baby 911

Cayman please

Did not get you too much but it is ok... LOL my point to the discusion here is that the bottom line is that they share same technology.
    So as a VW Group starts with the cheapo brand of Skoda. Then goes with Seat. Then comes VW itself, then Audi and last but not least the expensive Porsche.
    And here comes the question. If you are going to buy a Porsche Cayenne or a VW Touareg what is the difference? They just put a different Brand Logo in the front Engine hood.
    So the conclusion to that is a personal preference to car Brand and the money that someone wants to spent to buy a car.

Quote Originally Posted by modelcarfan
    Did not get you too much but it is ok... LOL my point to the discusion here is that the bottom line is that they share same technology.
    So as a VW Group starts with the cheapo brand of Skoda. Then goes with Seat. Then comes VW itself, then Audi and last but not least the expensive Porsche.
    And here comes the question. If you are going to buy a Porsche Cayenne or a VW Touareg what is the difference? They just put a different Brand Logo in the front Engine hood.
    So the conclusion to that is a personal preference to car Brand and the money that someone wants to spent to buy a car.
    These are not badge engineered cars and they are not alike at all. They have different engines suspensions chassis and drivetrains.

The Cayman is a brand new car, developed entirely within Porsche over the last 2 years.

The TT is based on a VW Golf, a design from about 10 years ago now.

How are they alike?

Just because the Q7, Cayenne and Touareg are similar does not mean that their other cars are.

Pray tell me, what is the sister car of the 911?

yeah right they have different sale points as well different project managers. Yes yes.To be honest i have been to Porsche factory in Germany in Stuttgart, Zuffenhausen.I went to the museum and i have watch the production of the porsche 911. That happent about 3 years ago. Everything is different in there. Luxurius etc etc. But search it more read a coupel of magazines and go see if the Cayenne and the Touareg if they are not brother cars they are first cousins.
    The engines suspensions chassis and drivetrains i am wondering from which kind of parts are assemblied? And why too many parts are fitting to either porsche or audi or vw? and those specific parts are not fit to a BMW or a Mercedes?
    Search it a bit more and you will see. I am not taking that out of my mind. Most of the thinks i am telling you is coming from car magazines from all around europe. Way to many i have to say so i can nto remember where i have read that about the cayenne and the Touareg are the same cars.
    But we will never know the truth about it. By the way i am not saying that audi is better tha porsche or porsche is better tha audi. Just we have to think that Lamborghini also belongs to Audi which Audi belongs to VW Group.
    Is it starting to getting to much complicated? If we search it abit more we will end up that one company owns all of the rest companies lol

Quote Originally Posted by modelcarfan
    yeah right they have different sale points as well different project managers. Yes yes.To be honest i have been to Porsche factory in Germany in Stuttgart, Zuffenhausen.I went to the museum and i have watch the production of the porsche 911. That happent about 3 years ago. Everything is different in there. Luxurius etc etc. But search it more read a coupel of magazines and go see if the Cayenne and the Touareg if they are not brother cars they are first cousins.
    The engines suspensions chassis and drivetrains i am wondering from which kind of parts are assemblied? And why too many parts are fitting to either porsche or audi or vw? and those specific parts are not fit to a BMW or a Mercedes?
    Search it a bit more and you will see. I am not taking that out of my mind. Most of the thinks i am telling you is coming from car magazines from all around europe. Way to many i have to say so i can nto remember where i have read that about the cayenne and the Touareg are the same cars.But we will never know the truth about it. By the way i am not saying that audi is better tha porsche or porsche is better tha audi. Just we have to think that Lamborghini also belongs to Audi which Audi belongs to VW Group.
    Is it starting to getting to much complicated? If we search it abit more we will end up that one company owns all of the rest companies lol
    Were not talking abou those cars

well read carefully and think out of the box? If they did it once they will do it again. That is the deal. The car manufacturers trying to cut costs to get more money in because world economy does not go well. So the first think to think to make economy is the parts. They are changing the cover and here we are.

by the way may i ask your ages guys? Because maybe you are older than me and you know more. I do nto want to be the person that knows everything.

Not all their cars share parts you know...

Thread Information