Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lexus Is 500

Personally, I think it's just stupid. The IS350 has already got more than enough ponies, why add more? It uses more fuel, and is maybe heavier. Japanese automakers should stick with I-4 and V6 engines, it's what they do best. The 5.0L engine is guaranteed to have some type of problem. Lexus should make an IS coupe, that would be a little bit more reasonable IMO. It's not that it's not cool, but I don't get why someone would get an IS500 when the IS350 is already so fun AND cheaper AND more fuel efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    but I don't get why someone would get an IS500 when the IS350 is already so fun AND cheaper AND more fuel efficient.
    You know that for a fact? Every review I've read said it was a good drive but was really lacking in grunt.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

G-tek that's like saying why buy a V8 mustang if there's a V6 mustang..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

But still, I'd rather get an RS4. Lexus is trying to win over the European market, but it is not gonna work. Japanese is still Japanese and European is still European. And as I said before, a coupe would be a lot more reasonable.

But still, I'd rather get an RS4. Lexus is trying to win over the European market, but it is not gonna work. Japanese is still Japanese and European is still European. And as I said before, a coupe would be a lot more reasonable.
    Why would you rather an RS4? And why is a European car better than a Japanese car?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

europian cars are sometimes made in non europian countrys like the 3 series bmw e46
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

The Golf is made in South Africa, the Jetta in Mexico, ML-Class and Z4 in the States and there's a few more as well
    – Hunter Thompson

the 3 series is made in south africa aswell
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

That's not my point...all I'm saying is that a coupe would be a lot more reasonable due to the fact that there would be competition for the M3. But I think 420 horsepower is a bit too much. 380-400 horsepower would be better.

That's not my point...all I'm saying is that a coupe would be a lot more reasonable due to the fact that there would be competition for the M3.
    The RS4 is a sedan. And a wagon. And a cab. It's definately competition for the M3. And you clearly don't know a lot about M3s, cause there has been sedan M3s before, and there's a good chance of there being a new E90 M3 sedan.

But I think 420 horsepower is a bit too much. 380-400 horsepower would be better.
    Why? Then it'd have less than the RS4 and most likely less than the M3.
    – Hunter Thompson

Which my point is It has too much horsepower

Maybe I just dislike Toyota, maybe I'm hungry, or maybe cuz it's 3 am and I'm all coocoo

maybe it's because you're a retard?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

no...maybe cause you're a monkey?...

me being a monkey affects your silly statements that a coupe is somehow much better than a four door, and that a japanese saloon is somehow worse than a more expensive european sedan?

In regards to horsepower, you can never have enough . Toyota/Lexus suprise suprise have been making V8 since the late 60's based on the Chrysler Hemi from the USA the 2v 3l V8throughto the 5v engine.They later produced the UFE series 4 l V8 that powered the Lexus. So v8 arent exactly new to this Japanese company.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information