Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what would make f1 more exiting

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Mustang rallying is ok, fantastic car control, etc, etc its only missing one vital element fundimental to motorsport-- passing(racecraft)
    same as f1 then
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thats why there is a thread about making F1 more exciting, racecraft and passing is in all levels of motorsport , except rally of course they race a clock
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Thats why there is a thread about making F1 more exciting, racecraft and passing is in all levels of motorsport , except rally of course they race a clock

unless you catch your minute / 30 second man
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Incidently Kooper, you didnt really proove my statement wrong as such, just that I had my years stuffed about and maybe it was Mansells 92 Williams that was the ducks nuts, either way, Senna's Williams was STILL the best car on the track that year.

That's debatable. The Williams of that year lost it's biggest asset, namely active suspension. Everyone else lost it too, but weren't effected to the same extent as Williams, as they (Williams) basically excelled at it and therefore made that the starting point in building their race-cars.

There were numerous rumourse floating about of Williams getting the steering all wrong, and even that engineering at Williams in '94 was at such a low point as far as suspension goes, that many believe this is what led to Senna's death. I still remember the rumour of Patrick Head and the rest at Williams getting the steering-rod on Senna's Imola Williams first cut up, shortened and welded back together (!!!). If just any one of those rumours are true (and my money's on more than one being true), the Williams of '94 wasn't only not the best car, but also the most dangerous...

They might have had the best ENGINE of that year, but as we all know, that sometimes just isn't enough...

Want proof? Just look at what Benetton did to Williams in '95 when it received the same engine as Williams.

Thread Information